Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
1998 Luxembourg GP

OnDS1E1.png

XJ0IQ00.png

It's getting closer at the top
Taking his 4th win this season Jack Hunsley has kept his chances on the title alive. At the start Poirier kept his lead, while Hunsley dropped back behind Diehl. The Brazilian didn't hesitate long, and passed Poirier for first in lap 1. One lap later Hunsley also went past. Short race for Martins, he had to stop his car with a water leak in the meantime. Foro then was pushed off the track by Rautavaara, dropping him back to last. In lap 7 McNamara made it a double dnf for Sauber, as he stopped his car with a damaged suspension. Lap 15 the next one to retire, Jimmy Laad with a loose wheel. Kederer then spinning off the track, throwing away a possible points finish.
The first round of pitstops then began, which promoted Hunsley to the lead, as he was on a one stop strategy today. Behind him Engberink and Herbert, who were also going for one stop. When Hunsley came in around half distance, Diehl retook the lead ahead of Poirier, with Hunsley in third. Rautavaara, Engberink and Utzer completed the top 6. Around lap 45 Diehl and Poirier then came in for their second stops, handing the lead back to Hunsley, with a 15 second gap to Diehl. Engberink now in third ahead of Herbert, while Poirier dropped back to 5th.
End of the race for Keranen in lap 53 due to a puncture. Double retirement then in lap 60, Engberink crashed his car, while Herbert's engine blew up. This promoted Poirier back to third, with Rautavaara and Utzer behind him in 4th and 5th. In 6th William Néron, who almost unnoticed had worked through the field, making no mistakes and setting constant fast laps. No more changes in the remaining laps, and with his win Hunsley now is only 7 points behind Engberink, who needs to finish 3rd or better in Suzuka to win the title by his own efforts.

FIA Press Conference
@Diehl: You could show a big improvement in the last couple of races, giving hopes for next year?
@Steven Poirier: Another good weekend for you, aiming for the win now in the final race of the season?
@Tim Engberink: A rare mistake today, getting a bit nervous now?

Market is open!

Will try for the final one, but dont have big hopes about it, had the first pole yesterdays and all the opponent still strong

If Tim wins the title on his rookie year I'll actually be so suprised :confused:
about our race, not that bad, the Arrows is good in the race again. Joel jumped two spots, and I jumped a lot of spots.

saving

• Deleted member 161052

Saving the money. I'll guess the Prost Peugeot is worse than Sauber Mercedes.

By far and away my most important victory as a Williams driver. Finger crossed in a weeks time it'll be my second most important...

Quali Skill +55
Race Skill +30
If I throw this away though I dunno what I'm gonna do. I think I'll be crying in a corner for the whole day:cry:

FIA Press Conference
@Diehl: You could show a big improvement in the last couple of races, giving hopes for next year?​
[/SPOILER]

Oh yes!
I'm very happy with the evolution that the Minardi M198 showed in the second half of the season. And I'm also confident that we could keep the good work in the next Season .

Buys:
Quali Skill: +20
Race Skill: +20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 139 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 91 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 96 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 38 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 58 27.9%
Back