Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bit bored today, so seeing that we are about to start the tenth season, I went back and had a look at all our winners, but being a stats man, that was too simple. So here instead I did up a little table to see country by country how the success has been spread.
RD F1 Sim Winners by country.png

A green box denotes most for that country that season, the outline box denotes that the champion from that season was from that country. Before anyone gets snarky with me, it was easier to put UK, England and Wales under one category. Wales is easy to omit, poor Ron never got a point, and to separate Eng and UK just take away Ben's wins.

But interesting to look at, racers only talks about RD users, hence Belgium have won a race without anyone from RD taking part (Boutsen you gun). We can see the largest time between wins so far has been Serbia, courtesy of Jednak and Ancevski on either end. But Belgium and Italy haven't won since S1. Currently we have Indonesia the only represented country without a win, and the most recent addition to the winners list was remarkably Finland.

Also, probably the most interesting thing I noticed, was that Germany and the UK have won a race in every season. Twice the British brigade was down to a single win, but they haven't let up.
I was surprised at the start on how relatively little Australia had won, if not for 96-98 we'd be way back. Netherlands I was amazed by, 7 in a season for just Lesley, only Germany have done that in 1995 and they had two people winning those races. Portugal is the fifth most successful country, purely off the back of Rui too.

So with 1999 upcoming, I for one will be watching the Brits, you guys have inserted yourselves into some interesting seats, I will want to see if you keep your streak going. Similar for the Germans. I think the Dutch will end up overhauling Australia, but we'll see if maybe Turkey, Greece or Hungary can end their winless streak.

Stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline