rF2 Grand-Am Prototypes @ Road Atlanta - Thu July 22nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Really really angry.
Easily fastest in qualifying for reasons I don't understand, easily fastest in the race, I had pace in hand and was taking it easy after I made a mistake and let Swider through, but then a backmarker held him up and I pounced. Then I pulled out 4 seconds and held it there, even after pitstops I held it at about 5 seconds, doing low 21s, which felt consistent. THEN. Black screen of doom, graphics card fail, had to go back to desktop and then alt tab back to game, by which time I had lost 40 seconds. Cue ridiculous shouting, non-stop, for 10 minutes. I was literally screaming my head off. Only after the race did I realise I did a 19.5. 1.5 seconds faster than my regular pace.

I am so so angry at losing this one. Sorry if I swore, guys.

Mixed night for me. Struggled to get to grips with the car and track for most of practice before the team decided that they would not replace the front of my car due to me crashing too much (Lazy bunch). In the final 10 mins of practice, I set a pb of 22.9.

Quali: Did a lap halfway through the session but a mistake at the chicane cost me 4 tenths but it was a new pb of 22.8. On the final lap I had a bad run out of the chicane the lap before and when I crossed the 1st sector point I was 0.4 up on my best. Went through the second one 0.6 up and I knew it was going to be a quick lap if I don't make a mistake at the chicane, which I didn't and I crossed the line with a 21.8, 1 second faster than my previous pb. No idea where it came from but proves I should of done more practice beforehand. Qualified in 6th.

Race: Made a great start and needed to avoid the slow car in front of me. By the en of the 1st lap I was in 5th place and keeping up with Kjell and slowly pulling away from Ivo. Gained a place when Chris went off and then after about 7 laps I made a mistake in sector 2 which cost 10 seconds and dropped me back to 7th behind Nick. Caught up with Nick and overtook him before another mistake and had to get past him again. Was trying to catch Lee but regular mistakes from pushing too hard wrecked my tyres and the fuel consumption was far too high. I gave up catching Lee but was still setting good times but with 5 minutes to go I had to pit again for fuel and my tyres were wrecked even though I put new ones on in the first stop. Decided just to take on fuel and it was just enough to get to the end. FInished 6th so not too bad considering how bad I was going in practice.

Thanks to Ryan, Ivo, RD, and all those who raced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back