GPL fanatic here, Is there a 67 F1 Mod thats good ?

They are so different to drive. I was comparing a few last night trying them out at the old Monza without the banking going in to the first turn.
The lotus 49 is so light and changes direction so easily, first turn was just a light touch on the brakes and the turn in was very predictable. Then I went to the BRM(why don't we ever see the P261?) and that was quite a surprise the first time I tried it. Went in to the first turn , lightly applied the brakes and the car went straight on into the wall !..
The thing I cannot get used to is how twitchy some cars are, the back end seems to constantly dance back and forth, not sure what causes it, maybe front or rear toe ?

... The thing I cannot get used to is how twitchy some cars are, the back end seems to constantly dance back and forth, not sure what causes it, maybe front or rear toe ?

To reduce that knife-edged feeling, I move both front and rear toe as close as I can get to 0 or +1 degrees. They all turn in so quickly I don't think they are hurt by this toe adjustment. Sure seems better to me on all these cars.

That's what I like about them, they are all different.
I found the Eagle to be the twitchiest, it felt like it had a 4:1 steering ratio on turn in. Like Tbear said I dialed out a bunch of front and rear toe and it helped.

Try doing a couple races with VRC Formula NA 1999 and then switch to the GP Legends BRM.....come on giddy up go, OH no whoa WHOA, turn argh TURN! :roflmao::)
1:02s for Formula NA and 1:20s for the BRM at Kyalami.

KO

1965_eastlondon.jpg
74124.jpg

I just want to judge the mod .
I have no idea if the models are legit or not, etc..

As a GPL lover, i must say that i had a great fun testing all the cars. All of them.
They have a different handling as the original, but are also very interesting to drive.
Of course, some experience on the original game is an advantage, because these cars are monsters.
It is fantastic to have these cars in a modern similation, but the graphics in gpl have something i really will love forever.
I would love to have all the 1967 tracks in assetto corsa.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.