GPL fanatic here, Is there a 67 F1 Mod thats good ?

Thank you Bazza and DrDoomslab :thumbsup:

This is by far the best '67 GP mod I have driven. Each car has it's own unique handling and sound. They are driftable and catchable, but still require you to balance them on a knife edge to extract the most out of them. Go too far and they will bite you as they should, but it is not the constant spinning out like other mods or someone trying GPL for the first time.
Now we need the rest of the 1967 tracks to go with these wonderful cars and the long wished for, by GPL fanatics, GPL2 will be a reality.
This Mod is staying on my computer. :)

Old GPL fanatic,
KO

The only facts that matter is that SJ asked on RSC for permission

No one there could give permission for GPLEA cars besides there are many modders work in them not just a team

Then SJ released his mod anyway then went about vilifying GPL and its enthusiasts, not just on RSC other places as well ( the first rule of sites is not to go bagging on others but like a infant he did )

People have always done it, bagged GPL as a cartoon then go and rip Monaco Rocks and others and give no credit to GPL

I haven't had a whole lot of time to drive them but just on the models alone it is far from perfect. The new higher res models have no LODs and there are obvious errors on many of them.

+1. They've committed the #1 sin of creating 150k-200k polygon cars without LODs.

physics?
driving feel?

I've done 3-4 laps with each one using the default setup. Physics are okay for entertainment, but I have doubts about simulation value. They obviously weren't set up by default with the same track in mind and the dampers are sluggish. The BRM should, I think, be more tail-heavy than it feels since the H16 weighs a LOT more than engines the competition used.

Have at it... it's not awful, but as LilSki says, it's no masterpiece.

GPL was a mythical and fabulous simulator, wich accompanied us for many years... but regarding physics we could talk for hours about if its physics was so real ...(IMHO)
Without a version of the GPL 2 in the market, this mod of Bazza allows us to revive in a more than decent way the pleasant sensations of racing the cars of 1967 in a modern simulator. It is funny, enjoyable ... and completely free!
As an old lover of the Grad Prix Legends, I can not be more grateful to Bazza and his team for this mod.
Of course, it's worth it

I haven't check the LODs and the suspension animation, just drove them. For that purpose they are awesome. I didn't have high hopes based on the earlier version, but in my opinion this mod is very-very good. Only tried 4 of them yet, they have so different characters, couldn't stop to drive them. Then I switched to official 312 just for control, and I wasn't so happy...
I'm not an expert of this era, don't know how accurate they are, but I guess the creators know something about them based on that passion they have. BTW I remember how many people criticized the 312 when it was launched...
I hope the creators don't read this forum, because it's not so inspirative, but if yes, I would say thank you for creating this brilliant mod.

The only facts that matter is that SJ asked on RSC for permission

No one there could give permission for GPLEA cars besides there are many modders work in them not just a team

Then SJ released his mod anyway then went about vilifying GPL and its enthusiasts, not just on RSC other places as well ( the first rule of sites is not to go bagging on others but like a infant he did )

People have always done it, bagged GPL as a cartoon then go and rip Monaco Rocks and others and give no credit to GPL

Monaco Rocks was the single most epic sim-modding thread ever. RSC was fantastic back then.

Tried it briefly last night, it was very good, but I did notice a few things, especially the front end of the Cooper in the Cockpit view. Somehow it didn't look quite right, it was very pixelated, and it didn't look finished, hard to explain.
Otherwise its really good. The sounds on the other hand, don't quite sound as good as some of the ones I heard in GPL ages ago. There much cleaner in this mod, but there is something lacking. Maybe its just me remembering it better, but I did listen to a few old videos I have and the sounds are just fantastic, a bit of distortion, but even the BRM had a sound so different sometimes I just drove it to hear it, as well as the Ferrari for the same reason.
But this is definitely a mod to own for any fan of F1 cars. Its a shame we don't have more sound samples of these older engines.

Strangest thing for me is the absolutely massive variation in quality between the cars. Seems odd to call it a pack tbh, when half of the cars appear to have been made for a different era altogether.

That's exactly what is going on; several of the cars use models originally created by GPLEA for GPL back in the late 90s, there's a car from rF2 in there and then of course the Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312 are Kunos models. Not sure what the source of the Lotus 33 is; afaik the real car was just an upgraded 25, but the model in the mod doesn't look as good as the Kunos 25.

Not sure what the source of the Lotus 33 is; afaik the real car was just an upgraded 25, but the model in the mod doesn't look as good as the Kunos 25.
Filenames suggest it is from a mod for F1C. Surprisingly for these modders, this model includes the LODs!

Edit: Examining in 3dSimEd, it looks like the AC Lotus 25 with different wheels.

Last edited:
Hi, love the mod but only about half the cars load up. When I try some cars the game crashes back to the start screen when loading up. Anyone else finding this? Any help would be appreciated

Hi, love the mod but only about half the cars load up. When I try some cars the game crashes back to the start screen when loading up. Anyone else finding this? Any help would be appreciated

Did you follow the installation instructions? 2 of the cars require files from another car to be copied into their folder.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%