Gotta Love Social Media

The co-winners of SMITE TUESDAY are the Turkish Government and CNN.

The LORD shall smite the Turkish Government! Their cruelty will be stopped by the Turkish military, working to serve the people as they have in the past. Prime Minister Erdogan will be banished from the land…after a beating or two, of course. After that he will eventually wind up in London, where he will contract syphilis from a hooker and go crazy.

And CNN will go out of business.

SMITE!

Haha, God has a sense humour, i understand he ironically critcizes the protests by saying that Turkish military, "working to serve the people as they have in the past" :D

From a friend of a friend.
Photo 1:
German Green Party politician and chairwoman Claudia Roth was at the Gezi park as the attacks started. Exposed to excessive amounts of tear gas she, along with many others, fled to the Divan hotel where a provisional first aid station was set up. (Thank you Divan ♥)
Loose translation of Roth's comment:
"I am a witness. It was like war.
They threw tear gas bombs at everyone, men, women and children alike."

Photo 2:
The police adds a mysterious chemical substance to the water tanks for the water cannons. Many first grade burns have been reported and confirmed by doctors since.
(I've seen a video of a demonstrator being exposed to this water. Instead of being pushed away, he collapses on the ground in agony.)

Other things I have been informed about by friends in Istanbul:
- The police has now started sending tear gas supplies in ambulances since the protesters aren't letting any other vehicles through.
- As police forces aren't enough anymore, the government has started sending in the military as well.

1016065_10151711048434328_1047786596_n.jpg
996850_10151711048594328_500852846_n.jpg

Tom Endres
While i agree that the police's first move to clear Gezi Park was a reckless one, you can't say that those protesters were peaceful. Against fireworks, molotovs, pavement stones they had to use tear gas and water. Individual stupidities were committed by some policemen and they are in abeyance. There is also a legal investigation on police violence.

Even the most aggressive opposition media channels/papers of Turkey (Sozcu, Ulusal Channel, Cumhuriyet) don't claim that "they threw tear gas bombs at everyone, men, women and children alike". This is a vicious exxagaration. Gotta also love CNN and BBC's great focus on Gezi protests while G8 protests were mostly censored :cool:.

Furthermore, military interference is not true. Right now things are mostly settled down already.

Also, may i ask what was that German politician was doing at Gezi Park? There are no more problems remaining in Germany to protest so that she comes here? :O_o:

Also, may i ask what was that German politician was doing at Gezi Park? There are no more problems remaining in Germany to protest so that she comes here? :O_o:

She's not involved in any governmental stuff anyway, so she's got some free time at her hand I guess.

Then again, she's free to travel wherever she wants and if she wants to check out what's going on - why not. :)

Tom

She's not involved in any governmental stuff anyway, so she's got some free time at her hand I guess.

Then again, she's free to travel wherever she wants and if she wants to check out what's going on - why not. :)

Tom

Yeah, she can, but why? If she came to Turkey for sake of a few trees, then she must have some enormous amount of free time. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.