Good DIY aluminium profile sim rig instructions?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
are there any go to/tried and tested instructions for DIY projects using aluminium profile, I've found a couple but wondered if there was a definitive design people use.

Edit: or a good premade aluminium profile rig on sale?

Found two packages waiting for me at home :)
m7x6yb.jpg

This stuff is seriously tough and rugged, the larger brackets feel massive :p

Upvote 0
hi there!!!...nice topic indeed!!!!. I have been arround for long time to make my own sim-rig, but at the end i have found you!...

first of all, give thanks to share this with all other. I have started to make my own desings with maycad (nice tool), but have some question that i would like to ask:
- the plate for the mouse base, are the any online shop where i can buy?
- about keyboard support: i have the g19 too and have seen the support you have made...can you post the profiles and accesories needed please?. If not, dont worry, i will try my best to desing it

heres my first desing. I am thinking about to include a cpu support:
only have a 27'' monitor and no plan to have 3 monitors, because i am waiting to Oculus, but dont discard the 3 monitors at all.

hope you can understan my english. I have not used translate to write it. Sorry for mistakes!.

hope to see photos of your sim William, and nice job Kurt!

Regards from Spain!
DuRiN

sim_rig_desing_1.png

Upvote 0
Have a look @sim-lab.eu for the mouse plate and maybe other accessoires;)
Mouse plate is not on the site yet but just shoot him an email.
For the keyboard, i have made this with rest pieces of the profiles:) and these http://www.etslux.com/shop/Slot-pro...ot-10/Joint-45-B-type-slot-10::999992217.html
Need to look up which pieces exactly.
Sim-lab.eu has made me a keyboard plate which i should be recieving soon and then i can show it to you:D
My rig was 160cm long which made me order some xtra profiles to put my pc on.
Also behind the monitors there is a plate with my subwoofer on and upcoming case for the OSW

Upvote 0
After some sweating and a fierce headache, strange positions to be able to fit and see everything, and some more than moderate amounts of cursing...

2nsmlv4.jpg

I had to made a design change as I didn't keep the seat raiser into account properly/well enough in my initial design. The connections between the pedal and seat mounts to the wheel mount have been removed now to be able to raise the pedals. If I'm going for HE pedals and simvibe at a (much) later stage, I will make sure to make those connections. For now with this setup, it is stiff enough already :)

Upvote 0
I also started with building my own rig with profiles of Motedis. Friday I received the profiles but all the 45x90 profiles were replaced with 20x20 :-(. I mailed them, but they are closed for the holidays so now I have to wait till next year. Damn that sounds long.

Also got some parts from sim-lab to build the rig.

Upvote 0
hi mates!, i am making order list and want to ask if wheels comes with screws and nuts or must order separately, thanks in advance!

best regards from spain and merry christmas!!

Upvote 0
pe-plaat.PNG
Ordered a polyetheen PE-plate to put my pc on. Arrived 2day and was installed also.
still looking for some round caps black to cover the iron bolts. Suggestions for that always welcome.
Sorry for the poor picture quality:p

Upvote 0
hi mates!!! How is your simrigs about rigidity and stability in the wheel base support?.

Some friends of mine, tell me that my design is not very strong in that part...i have t500 and you use wheels with stronger ffb than mine...have bad feelings about that or is allright?. They told me that squares are not the best option to anchor profiles (not my thinkings)

hope i have explained well, if not, tell me and i will repeat my question

PS: kurt, cant find a good solution for you...sorry! ;-)

Upvote 0
What size are they using?
As i went for 45x45 and 45x90 instead of the 40x40, i can tell you that my design is really strong and stable. You have different methods to connect the profiles. The brackets like i use, automatic fasteners and JCL racing has again some other system.
You have a little bit of movement, and i say a little bit..so erm your friends:roflmao: have been drinking too much lately:laugh::laugh:

And found some caps of an old office chair:D

Upvote 0
thats just what i thought....i am taking easy because motedis is closed for hollidays and have no hurry....i want to desing as better as i can....and to be honest...i am enjoying this phase a lot of :)
:);)

Upvote 0
Richard @sim LAB is great! so many ideas, creativity and very helpful! also important when people ask, if you are in the US or in Europe! there are differences in 80/20 (USA) and/ or AluExtrusionProfiles in Europe.
i am in the US and went with 80/20 40-series metric and is still different from European 40-series, we are talking millimeters but still have to make sure all fits correctly and US is a lot more expensive!!!
budget stuff 80/20 here in the US is 4PlayRacing on Ebay! i think his nam is John and he is very helpful and great in communication. i went with complete custom built one here in the US and final came out around $1000 + many parts, extras and accessories from France (JCL Racing) and Spain (TSS)! Great guys to deal wrh and wonderful products! so now everything comes down to final touches and that i am going with Richard @sim LAB! if ahyone needa info or other details let me know! i have gone through a lot of testing!!! happy to help and provide feedback where i can!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea