Good DIY aluminium profile sim rig instructions?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
are there any go to/tried and tested instructions for DIY projects using aluminium profile, I've found a couple but wondered if there was a definitive design people use.

Edit: or a good premade aluminium profile rig on sale?

Vesa mounts and pivot plates arrived. Thanks @sim-lab.eu:thumbsup:
sim-lab.eu.PNG

Foil job done:O_o:
alu7.PNG

Now the building can start:):):):)

Upvote 0
Here 2 pics of the building which i started yesterday. And yes also wrap all the brackets in foil:p
alu8.PNG

alu9.PNG

Starting the day with mounting the hardware:)
Well immediately a problem with the HE pedals. Profiles are M8, pedal holes M6:(
Problem solved, called the drilling sergeant and now we have HE pedals with M8 holes:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Upvote 0
Back home after a few beers to cool off:redface:
Pedals and base are fixed and in position, same as the seat:thumbsup:
Unfortunately the wheelbase is a real nightmare. The csw panels broke off:mad: due to my own stupidiness. Should have them disambled before mounting the base.
Anyway it is mounted but not to my satisfaction:speechless:
So until i have this sorted to my liking, i won't start with the triple screens.
Hopefully a new day tomorrow will bring me some fresh ideas.:barefoot:

Upvote 0
For the wheelbase, i made a wooden surface to mount the wheelbase on.:) Much happier with that. For now there is too much flex on the side profiles of the wheelbase. Gonna move a profile from the insdide to the wheelbase so i can mount this in a 90degree.
alu10.PNG

alu12.PNG

alu13.PNG

That's gonna be the last for this weekend.:cool: Now time for some relaxing:)

Upvote 0
Nice solution on the steering problem! The blame might be on me on this one sadly!
What for?
With the tilt mounted on the base it was possible but still not good enough.
Anyway good like that at the moment. Switching, hopefully to OSW at the end of the year;)
To make the wheelbase more stable gonna use the big brackets, and instead of brackets behind i will mount these on the side.

Upvote 0
Well I suppose I didn't take the beefy 45x45 well enough into account when drawing up those plans. When I have the time and when I'm going to order myself I think some redesigning of the plans for my own rig design will be conducted :)

edit:
have to admit though, your fix is possibly a better and cheaper solution than what we decided on earlier. Might reduce flex and saves you 3 brackets :)

edit2:
I might draw a mounting plate and see if simlab will build it :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made a 2nd order @ETSLux with some profiles and accessoires to finish and complete the rig.
Pc will be put on an alu-platform instead of the wooden piece and the the logitech z906 receiver will also put on a alu platform behind the middle screen:)
Buttkicker mini LFE's will be mounted also,along with the receiver under the rig:cool:
Also have a mouse tray/rest or how you call it:O_o:, designed and made.
Any ideas/hints are more than welcome:thumbsup:
Did abit of finishing today with inserting the cover profile strips
cover slot1.PNG

cover slot2.PNG

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back