gbW Vanilla Sets

Misc gbW Vanilla Sets 3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Peter Boese

Premium
Peter Boese submitted a new resource:

gbW Vanilla Sets - default weather replacement with hd-clouds, ppfilters and sweetFX

L0yaEnk.jpg

good and bad Weathers - Vanilla Sets
a default weather replacement

The pack contains 3 sets of default weathers, to get a more lifelike driving in Assetto Corsa. A JSGME folder structure is already done for fast integration. The pack also contains a detailed install guide for beginners.

1BZbNdK.jpg

Aviable sets:
1. realistic - cumulus clouds and well...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for your work. Unfortunately SweetFX does not cooperate with VR.

But your setting in "gbW - Vanilla Set 3 - dramatic" gives the colorless appearance of my Oculus rift richer colors.

Peter Boese updated gbW Vanilla Sets with a new update entry:

Summer is finally here!

YSbibQF.jpg

NEW/CHANGED:

set 4: "Summer" - a bundle of hot weathers with cumulus clouds - ACV (advanced cloud visualisation)

!!! before installing
DEACTIVATE "gbW - Vanilla – Filter_sweetFX" mod in JSGME !!!

Reshade postprocessing - redone gbW-SweetFX with Reshade, optional FX and AA (Sharpening, Magicbloom, SMAA)
!!! Reshade is not compatible with VR !!! - to deactive it, just rename "d3d11.dll" to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
tried the new Vanilla Sets -looking good - thank you!

I have a few questions about reshade.
What does it do? If I toggle between effect on/off there is no difference.
In the tab "Home" of reshade the path leads to G://Steamlibrary... - I have no drive "G".
If I set the path to reshade.ini in the AC directory there is still no differnce between on/off
Also I wan´t to try your suggestions about SMAA, but there are no settings in the tab "Home" of reshade.

Maybe something went wrong with the installation? I used JSGME.

Last edited:
Hi,
tried the new Vanilla Sets -looking good - thank you!

I have a few questions about reshade.
What does it do? If I toggle between effect on/off there is no difference.
In the tab "Home" of reshade the path leads to G://Steamlibrary... - I have no drive "G".
If I set the path to reshade.ini in the AC directory there is still no differnce between on/off
Also I wan´t to try your suggestions about SMAA, but there are no settings in the tab "Home" of reshade.

Maybe something went wrong with the installation? I used JSGME.
SORRY, my fault!
I used my personal d3d11.ini / for releases i have one with relative paths.
That will do the job!

please tell me if it works...

Attachments

• d3d11.ini
    742 bytes · Views: 350
Peter Boese updated gbW Vanilla Sets with a new update entry:

unpredictable

cQrh2yT.jpg

RELEASE NOTES of VERSION 3.0

NEW/CHANGED:

- set 5: "unpredictable" - a bundle of unstable weathers with compositions of different cloud types - ACV (advanced cloud visualisation)
- reworked PPfilter - better brightness, better glare (lighter brake lights, a bit more sun reflections), better godrays (covered sun effect)
- reworked reshade settings - more efficient brightness, better low tones

mYVzcj8.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love what you are doing with the cloud textures and weather.
Replays look amazing and the actual view out on the track is marvelous.

… but I do find the image settings from cockpit view too contrasty and too saturated.
What would be the best way to use your weather mod but dial down the saturation and contrast to taste?

I experimented with the shading setting (SHIFT+F10 then disable HDR) and it improved somewhat but does not give me the very realistic cockpit view I had when using Wagnum_S presets for a long time.

Use another PP-Filter or edit the GBW filter.

If you don't know what to do, I recommend creating a copy of the gbw PP filter, name it something like __gbw_2.ini or __gbw_edit.ini, open the new file and play around with the contrast and brightness values at the bottom listed in [COLOR].

Maybe try the values from your previous PP-Filter.

I love what you are doing with the cloud textures and weather.
Replays look amazing and the actual view out on the track is marvelous.

… but I do find the image settings from cockpit view too contrasty and too saturated.
What would be the best way to use your weather mod but dial down the saturation and contrast to taste?

I experimented with the shading setting (SHIFT+F10 then disable HDR) and it improved somewhat but does not give me the very realistic cockpit view I had when using Wagnum_S presets for a long time.
If you like wagnums filter, then use this one. You can also copy the single parts of wagnums filter and past it in mine or otherwise. Start with the [COLOR] section and then with [TONEMAPPING].

If you feel like it is to much contrast. Reduce contrast in [COLOR].
Mainly there are 5 values to play with, in terms of brightness/contrast/saturation:

Just start with this values and do little changes to them:

[TONEMAPPING]
EXPOSURE=0.5;
GAMMA=1

[COLOR]
SATURATION=1
BRIGHTNESS=1
CONTRAST=1

Last edited:
Hey Peter, this is great! I am going to try this out next time.
Yesterday I also experimented a bit with the settings in the shift+F10 shader menu in-game.
The saturation can be directly reduced there and the contrast can somewhat be influenced by playing with the HDR and tone mapping settings (somewhat because unfortunately there is no direct contrast value setting but you have to adjust several settings to fill shadows a bit).

I have to play a bit more with all these settings and see how I like it best.

It looks like with all these settings available I can have the best of both worlds - enjoy your weather + beautiful cloud textures and get a similar realistic look in the cockpit as the Wagnum filter has = perfect ;-)

I wish there was an app that allows directly these adjustment:
exposure
gamma (ideally with direct point curve adjustments)
white point
black point
saturation
sharpening

Wouldn't that be a great app to have ?

Hey Peter, this is great! I am going to try this out next time.
Yesterday I also experimented a bit with the settings in the shift+F10 shader menu in-game.
The saturation can be directly reduced there and the contrast can somewhat be influenced by playing with the HDR and tone mapping settings (somewhat because unfortunately there is no direct contrast value setting but you have to adjust several settings to fill shadows a bit).

I have to play a bit more with all these settings and see how I like it best.

It looks like with all these settings available I can have the best of both worlds - enjoy your weather + beautiful cloud textures and get a similar realistic look in the cockpit as the Wagnum filter has = perfect ;-)

I wish there was an app that allows directly these adjustment:
exposure
gamma (ideally with direct point curve adjustments)
white point
black point
saturation
sharpening

Wouldn't that be a great app to have ?
Everything which could be set up ingame would be great. But, i have to say, you need this only for a small amount of time. In the last month i was doing very small changes with the filter and reshade. If you want to do a steady level of quality with visual content, you need a base or a reference.
So my advise to you is, FIRST - do a monitor calibration, if you have not already done so.
Thats the first important step to get where you want to be. This becomes more important when you change something like buying a new monitor.
I use reference pictures to set it up:
http://www.burosch.de/testbilder-uebersicht/505-pca-perfect-color-adjustment-testbild.html
http://www.burosch.de/tv-bildeinstellungen/testbilder.html

Yes Peter, adjusting anything image wise without having a calibrated monitor is futile ;-)
On the simulator I only use a Datacolor Spyder to do that. On my work machines I use Eizo monitors with integrated colorimeters, using their ColorNavigator software and scheduled, automated calibrations.

Regarding Assetto Corsa the closest view to reality I had consistently so far (without a lot of trouble) was to simply use the Wagnum_S PP filter - colors, contrast, tonality and clipping had always a good look to them.

I do like your sky replacements though and think after finding realistic settings in combination with them is the best solution.

Colors out of the box from any racing sim these days look almost comic like - I seek to have the most realistic look, not get entertained by a colorful Hollywood blockbuster image in the cockpit if you know what I mean ;-)

Yes Peter, adjusting anything image wise without having a calibrated monitor is futile ;-)
On the simulator I only use a Datacolor Spyder to do that. On my work machines I use Eizo monitors with integrated colorimeters, using their ColorNavigator software and scheduled, automated calibrations.

Regarding Assetto Corsa the closest view to reality I had consistently so far (without a lot of trouble) was to simply use the Wagnum_S PP filter - colors, contrast, tonality and clipping had always a good look to them.

I do like your sky replacements though and think after finding realistic settings in combination with them is the best solution.

Colors out of the box from any racing sim these days look almost comic like - I seek to have the most realistic look, not get entertained by a colorful Hollywood blockbuster image in the cockpit if you know what I mean ;-)
If you find something you like, please let me see...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back