gbW Vanilla Sets

Misc gbW Vanilla Sets 3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sure, it comes with a PPfilter and Reshade 3.0 set.
But they are mainly identical with gbW....
Really? To clarify, I just checked the contents of vanilla set v3.1 that I just downloaded yesterday. I don't see any filters, only weather and texture folders within 6 gbW sets under MODS. Did I miss anything?
upload_2017-8-11_6-29-11.png

Last edited:
Really? To clarify, I just checked the contents of vanilla set v3.1 that I just downloaded yesterday. I don't see any filters, only weather and texture folders within 6 gbW sets under MODS. Did I miss anything?
View attachment 206337
Hi, 5 weather sets and 1 mod "gbW - Vanilla - Filter_Reshade" with the whole post processing...

I separated it, for people who use other PP.
I described it in the __HOW TO INSTALL__.pdf!

Hi, 5 weather sets and 1 mod "gbW - Vanilla - Filter_Reshade" with the whole post processing...

I separated it, for people who use other PP.
I described it in the __HOW TO INSTALL__.pdf!
I see, I thought it was another set of weather... sorry, my bad. Thanks.

So just to clarify, since I'm on VR, do I still use JSGME to copy the 'gbW - Vanilla Filter_Reshade' or just manually get the gbW.ini file and rename it to 'default', since VR won't work with Reshade anyway?

Currently I'm using the _gbW.ini from the other gbW v3.1 mod you shared/posted (as I read that they're identical), but when I compare it to Vanilla set's _gbW.ini, they have different values. Which should I use? Thanks again.

Last edited:
I see, I thought it was another set of weather... sorry, my bad. Thanks.

So just to clarify, since I'm on VR, do I still use JSGME to copy the 'gbW - Vanilla Filter_Reshade' or just manually get the gbW.ini file and rename it to 'default', since VR won't work with Reshade anyway?

Currently I'm using the _gbW.ini from the other gbW v3.1 mod you shared/posted (as I read that they're identical), but when I compare it to Vanilla set's _gbW.ini, they have different values. Which should I use? Thanks again.
the one from gbW Vanilla sets has less godrays. Just try both. With gbW 3.2 i will change the filter again, but this new filter will stay for the next updates, because i have a very good feeling with this and i will also update the next gbW Vanilla sets with it. So i would use the one from gbW 3.1....

@Peter Boese @schnipp
I just tested a lot and the Vanillas are really awesome!!! :confused::notworthy::thumbsup:

Little question again to that:
In the main gbW support thread we talked about renaming custom clouds and therefore using more or less your custom weathers as the normal, online weathers.
The clouds that you use here, especially Summer and Unpredictable, are they some kind of "merging" of different cloud sets?

Another way of asking the same question: Some/most of your custom weathers from gbW are having multiple cloud files. When I tried to use them as the default weathers I lost a lot of clouds (of course, I know that).
Are these Vanilla cloud files a mix of them, into ONE file per weather?:)

Oh and btw as we talked about that I don't like "light clouds". With your Summer set I'm starting to like it. Little sundowner session at the Tajo with light clouds? Oh damn look at this:
Tajo_gbWVanilla_Summer_LightClouds_15pm.jpg

Last edited:
let me clarify:

a weather consists of:
colors->colorcurves.ini and
values for clouds and fog color->weather.ini

if in the weather file the number of clouds are > 1 then the textures in /content/texture/clouds will be loaded. only this files will be used ingame.

Content Manager just backup the clouds there and copies the clouds in the weather's clouds path to the texture path.

A default weather has also multiple cloud files (the 7 textures in /content/texture/clouds)

SO a gbW Vanilla set weather does not have cloud files inside, because the 7 weather are using the same cloud textures and they are allready in the texture path (the will be copied when activating a set with JSGME).

I use allways 7 textures for my Vanilla sets, because Kunos uses 7 textures. I also use the same names, because thats the way JSGME is working. It backups and overwrites identical files. And if i use 7, i am sure every file is replaced. And i have to be sure, because i do a lot of things with the textures and the values in the weather files to get this visual quality.

And to get 7 texture for a Vanilla weather, i have to add fitting textures or modify existing textures. So the vanilla sets are based on some gbW weather with a lot of changes to them to get a variety of conditions.

cheers,
Peter

That was the clarification I needed, up to your post I didn't know how the cloud files are loaded.
"if in the weather file the number of clouds are > 1 then the textures in /content/texture/clouds will be loaded. only this files will be used ingame."

I could hear the glass shattering in my brain while reading it :whistling:
A bit ashamed since I can normally figure out such things on my own... Here I clearly needed input!

Thanks again and a nice weekend!
Rasmus

Today I got the time to tried out your vanilla set and I like it really much. Close to perfect :thumbsup: The only thing I don't like is the glare/brightness of the instrument/dashboard lights and of the brake lights. Is there a way to reduce this a little bit? And what will be affected?

Thanks and greets
After_Midnight

Today I got the time to tried out your vanilla set and I like it really much. Close to perfect :thumbsup: The only thing I don't like is the glare/brightness of the instrument/dashboard lights and of the brake lights. Is there a way to reduce this a little bit? And what will be affected?

Thanks and greets
After_Midnight
Hi,

edit the used PPFilter (\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\)

you could reduce the value
[COLOR]
SATURATION=0.92
just do little steps -0.01

the whole picture will have less color (but it is the most effective way)

or you could reduce the glare value
[GLARE]
LUMINANCE=5.25
just do medium steps -0.25
just the added glare is influenced

This should do the reduction you want...

Peter may I ask you for an explanation of the "skybox_reflection_gain" setting? I think it's called like that and I have no idea and I don't find useful info when searching :)

Peter may I ask you for an explanation of the "skybox_reflection_gain" setting? I think it's called like that and I have no idea and I don't find useful info when searching :)
This is the amount of sky which is reflected by objects/cars. Just change it to 1000% and you will see.
150% is a nice value, but it is a little bit to high for dark/"no sun" weather. Maybe it will be weather custom one time....

Didn't know it can get that high! I will test it, should be an interesting experience :roflmao::cool:
What I really like is when the track is still "sunny" but the sky is full of clouds. Is that achieved with this setting or is it something else?

Didn't know it can get that high! I will test it, should be an interesting experience :roflmao::cool:
What I really like is when the track is still "sunny" but the sky is full of clouds. Is that achieved with this setting or is it something else?
NO - its just a gain for reflections/shader. What makes the track "sunny" is the [SUN] LOW and [AMBIENT] LOW value in the colorcurves.ini. You can edit them easily with CM in content/miscellaneous/weather....

NO - its just a gain for reflections/shader. What makes the track "sunny" is the [SUN] LOW and [AMBIENT] LOW value in the colorcurves.ini. You can edit them easily with CM in content/miscellaneous/weather....
I'm sorry to bother you so much, but I just enjoy it that I can actually ask something technical about Assetto Corsa and I'll get a detailed, understandable and solid answer. Endless hours I googled and tried everything regarding the FFB settings...
I'm really thankful for your work!:inlove::thumbsup:

Sorry Peter to... completely mess up your weather. I just messed around with these settings and it looks so damn beautiful :confused::cry::inlove:
Not really "Mid Clouds" anymore but screw it. It's all juist personal taste in the end, isn't it?:)
acs_2017_09_04_11_47_51_257.jpg

Sorry Peter to... completely mess up your weather. I just messed around with these settings and it looks so damn beautiful :confused::cry::inlove:
Not really "Mid Clouds" anymore but screw it. It's all juist personal taste in the end, isn't it?:)
View attachment 210240
Looks really nice.

Thats the problem with it. I could do 365 weather, but at the end it has to be support friendly, what is allready difficult right now, so i began to limit the amount of weather.

Maybe in the near future there will be a dynamic generated weather - thats my dream. I think about developing some functions to get a relationship between the values to randomly generate weather, which are still plausible and realistic.....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%