G25/27 Logitech & Windows 10 vs Raceroom

hello.. i try search every foruns about how to proprely configure the wheel G27 to match the raceroom, but i give up.. too many opinios to many discussions.. what i nedd from you guys is a guide recent..the main doubt is:

1 - do i need create a profiler or not in logitech software?
if i ticked the option "alow game control" in global device the rotation works ok..
if i create a profile (i used a guide from here the forum) the rotation in the game does not match my whell.. i turn 90º on wheel and in game turns maybe 180º.. maybe i forgot somethig maybe not..i unistal the ligitech profiler intall again the latest version.. and create a profile 900º degress etc etc.. i folow this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/logitech-wheel- setup.63918/

the good thing the FFB semas good.. mas the rotation was bad..

i saw this guy tha post this:

"Hello.
I've found this to be a problem with the Logitech drivers, the problem your describing is the same as the one I've been experiencing in multiple games, most recently F1 2016.
Took quite a bit of searching but I've eventually found the fix to be:
- Uninstall the logitech software (programs and features - Logitech - Uninstall)
- Uninstall the Logitech driver (Device manager - Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB (+HID)
- Once uninstalled, Select "Action" and scan for hardware changes.
- Reinstall Logitech software (lgs510_x64 or lgs510_x86 depending on your system)"

he is correct??do i have to do that?

if anyone can help me..thak´s

i got a file from one of the threads here at rd which contained g27 settings ingame for rre and it works very well. i actually got three of those files from different threads or sources (sorry, this was some months back, no clue where i looked and found them) and then picked the one that gave me the best overall experience. but at the end of the day, the g25/27 has never been a friend of this game and it never will. what i have now is a compromise, leading to my playing the game only about once a month while my two preferred games (iRacing and Dirt Rally) support the wheel perfectly and are much more enjoyable to play.

@Nox
Here you go Andrew, I hope these work for you. :) Recommended settings in the Logitech Control Panel would be, FFB at 100, Spring and Damper at 0.

uCKC5Lx.jpg

1AZq2JD.jpg

dNNWT6v.jpg

"(the deadzone problems which made earlier versions unplayable for g27 users (zigzagging on straights, sudden twitches/shocks) have never quite disappeared)"

Just to follow up on this a bit... this is mostly a thing of the past and isnt a 'feature' of the game anymore. It came down to how the physics of the cars were modeled in the early days, and that changed around summer/autumn '15. So, every car released since then, or that has been updated since then, no longer has that swaying feeling that used to be prevalent in the game.

Now, there are still some cars that havent been updated to the latest physics standards, but those are always a WIP, and will hopefully be updated at some point...

As for FFB, what are your criticisms with how it feels? There are a couple settings that I would recommend tweaking if you want to use some of the older cars to 'tighten them up' a bit, although they will never feel like the more recent cars. Steering force intensity and vertical load are the ones to tweak for that. Usually raising SF to 110-120% works well for the old cars, but keep it around 80% for the recently updated cars. VL can also be bumped up to 120-150 on the old cars, but should be kept around 70-80 for the newer ones, or your wheel will be clipping massively.

Just a thought anyway, if you feel like tweaking some.

I always had that disabled with my G27, it's generally recommended to have that setting off in the control panel and let the game handle it.

Hmm, Im not actually sure this is correct. I think if you dont want the profiler to have center spring, but want the game to be allowed to have some centering force... you need to have the box checked in the profiler, but set it to 0%. Leaving that little box unchecked just entirely disables it, and I dont believe the game is then allowed to make adjustments.

This is what I remember reading going back years. But logitech stuff is notorious for being confusing and difficult to set up if you use game specific profiles on top of the global settings... :p

Good for you that you escaped logitech driver purgatory and got Thrustmaster :D

Now, there are still some cars that havent been updated to the latest physics standards, but those are always a WIP, and will hopefully be updated at some point...

As for FFB, what are your criticisms with how it feels?

Hi,

Well, it frustrates me that content I purchased is sitting waiting for a required FFB update - I'm not buying newer cars until I can properly use the ones I have. What I might do is test drive some of the newer content to see if the FFB issue persists with the new cars too.

My biggest problems with the FFB is that the wheel rattles around the centre and sometimes (but not as often as before) it wobbles left to right and builds up strength until the car just spins out. It's much better than it used to be, but the rattling around the centre is there.

Additionally, it is like the wheel is fighting with itself. I can be driving normally and then throw in a little opposite lock for a mid corner correction or whatever and the car will just freak out and throw itself into the opposite direction. I think it is related to the problem with the rattling and the wheel fighting itself around the center. It sort of reminds me of when the FFB is inverted in other games, but that isn't the case here.

Either way, this isn't a new problem and many G27 users have made their concerns clear to S3. It has been at least a couple of years now, so I'm not holding my breath for a proper fix. It seems that G27 users might be able to find some sort of compromise but the wheel won't ever feel 'right'. I will try the settings above and see how that goes. Thanks!

My biggest problems with the FFB is that the wheel rattles around the centre and sometimes (but not as often as before) it wobbles left to right and builds up strength until the car just spins out. It's much better than it used to be, but the rattling around the centre is there.

Additionally, it is like the wheel is fighting with itself. I can be driving normally and then throw in a little opposite lock for a mid corner correction or whatever and the car will just freak out and throw itself into the opposite direction. I think it is related to the problem with the rattling and the wheel fighting itself around the center. It sort of reminds me of when the FFB is inverted in other games, but that isn't the case here.

Hmm, this sounds like it could be 1 of 2 things. Either the FFB is way too strong, or there is too much min. force set and that is causing a lot of unwanted oscillation. Go into the controller settings and go to 'secondary settings' then scroll through the key binds and find the FFB graph. Bind a key to it, then use it when you are driving. This will show you if you are clipping badly, and if you need to turn down the FFB strength. Bit more info on that here - click.

Personally, I have zero issue with the FFB on my G27 and quite enjoy how it behaves.

If you want something a bit more advanced than just some FFB settings to try in the game menu, I can give you my controller profile. Basically, it is just an .rcs file that goes inside a controller setups folder in "my documents". Then it will appear in game for you to select and make your own changes. My .rcs file has a few more tweaks to it than what is available in game.

I would definitely recommend test driving some of the cars you are interested in, as you say. It really is the best way to gauge how a car feels, since you can try all of them. Start by trying any car that is on updated physics. Those are: All GT3 cars (incl. ADAC 13/14/15), Aquila, Audi TT cup 15/16, Audi TT RS VLN, DTM 15/16, FR 2, FR 3 FR Jr, GTO class, Group 5 class, NSU TTS, P1 & P2 class, BMW M1 Procar, Silhouette class, Tatuus F4, and WTCC 15.

Those should all be nice to drive. Then compare against some older cars like the GTR 2, hill climb, or GTR X.

Cheers

Reactions: Nox
@Nox while you testing i suggest to give these settings a go,
Its created by a guy called Mike Demers at S3 forums.
They might seem a little weird when you look at them but it was the best feeling i had when i was using the G27.
Profiler settings, 80 strength and 109 on both spring and damper, all the others typical 0 and unchecked the spring, 900 rotation and allow the game to change checked.
Put the attached file at Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
And select it ingame. I was surprised from how good it was. I hope that helps you. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Mike g27 80_109_109.rcs
    16 KB · Views: 334
Great idea, right now I've got my settings minimized, but I'm willing to bet that yours will be better than my normal ones.

Yeah, for you or anyone else that wants to give it a try, here's my controller profile.

Plop this into the folder at: my documents/my games/SimBin/RaceRoom Racing Esperience/User Data/Control Set.

No need to delete whatever is in there, as you can start the game and then select a different profile from the controller settings menu in game. Dropping in extra controller profiles to that folder will not overwrite your existing ones. I believe you can also change the name of the file in game so it appears how you want it to. Just be mindful that in addition to the FFB changes... the key binds will all be different, so make sure to check those out and adjust to your liking.

My file has a few extra tweaks to things like FFB over the rumble strips that feels a bit more authentic to me than the default stuff. Used to mess around heavily with the FFB last year when all this stuff was freshly released to the public and I have been using these settings since then without any real tweaks.

Only other thing I would recommend is that you dont mess with the overall FFB gain in game. Instead, pick a car and go to the car setup menu if you notice a lot of clipping and adjust from there. Most cars wont be clipping badly, but there are a few that will.

Beyond that, the logitech profiler settings that @Kenny Paton posted on the last page are nearly identical to what i use (only difference being centering spring where i use 0% and Kenny uses 10%). So i would recommend trying those with my controller profile, as those are the settings i used when developing this FFB profile.

Cheers, and i hope you enjoy. If not, no harm done really besides wasting a few minutes :D

Attachments

• nate's g27.rcs
    16.7 KB · Views: 328

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies