G25/27 Logitech & Windows 10 vs Raceroom

hello.. i try search every foruns about how to proprely configure the wheel G27 to match the raceroom, but i give up.. too many opinios to many discussions.. what i nedd from you guys is a guide recent..the main doubt is:

1 - do i need create a profiler or not in logitech software?
if i ticked the option "alow game control" in global device the rotation works ok..
if i create a profile (i used a guide from here the forum) the rotation in the game does not match my whell.. i turn 90º on wheel and in game turns maybe 180º.. maybe i forgot somethig maybe not..i unistal the ligitech profiler intall again the latest version.. and create a profile 900º degress etc etc.. i folow this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/logitech-wheel- setup.63918/

the good thing the FFB semas good.. mas the rotation was bad..

i saw this guy tha post this:

"Hello.
I've found this to be a problem with the Logitech drivers, the problem your describing is the same as the one I've been experiencing in multiple games, most recently F1 2016.
Took quite a bit of searching but I've eventually found the fix to be:
- Uninstall the logitech software (programs and features - Logitech - Uninstall)
- Uninstall the Logitech driver (Device manager - Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB (+HID)
- Once uninstalled, Select "Action" and scan for hardware changes.
- Reinstall Logitech software (lgs510_x64 or lgs510_x86 depending on your system)"

he is correct??do i have to do that?

if anyone can help me..thak´s

The game won't work without the profiler, I just set mine globally. You need to make sure you have the March 2016 drivers, if you have W10 it may have updated it to the later ones and they don't work with G25/27.
Have you disabled driver arms?
Might be worth deleting your current control profile and start again.

Hi Joao,

I had a G27 before I got my T300 and encountered the same issue you're having.

I have the correct version of the Logitech driver you need in order for things to work on my Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3uE7H-nWeYHRTFzOGF2MnNHOEU/view?usp=drivesdk

Once you've downloaded this version, uninstall the current version of the driver you have and run through the calibration again as you install the driver.

Once it's installed, go into the control panel and go to the global settings. My recommendation would be to have the Force at 100%, but have Spring and Dampening at 0%. Put the rotation all the way to 900°. Please note, this has to be in the global settings, it will not work if you add a profile for Raceroom. Once this is done, save your global settings, and all you have to do is run the game.

One thing I never did test was whether the driver arms breaks this or not. I used to disable the virtual wheel entirely for my setup so perhaps that is something you can test on your own. :)

Last edited:
i have W10 64bit and the logitech software is LGS.510 that is on the website of logitech.. i can confirm that the game works whith the software logitech just opened.. but no profile created..

ir works yes,, small problem with the rotation but it´s ok..(when i turn 360º degrees in G27 the game turns maybe 380º

i test with the profile and alow me to change some parameters in the sensivity of wheel but only with the profile created.. may be it wont work whit that.. maybe i have to buy a t300 :)

Hey Joao,

Let us know if you need more help. As I said in my previous post, if you download the version of the driver that I linked to as well as setting up the global settings, things should be perfect when you play Raceroom. :)

maybe i have to buy a t300

If ever you do have some extra funds and are wanting an upgrade in Force Feedback, I can't recommend the T300 enough. If you go looking for one, I would definitely recommend the T300 with the Ferrari Alcantara wheel. Force feedback is extremely smooth and detailed and would be a very noticeable upgrade over the G27. Also, if you are currently using the G27 pedals, and want to continue to use them, Ricmotech sells an adapter that allows you to do so. ;)

One last thing, I notice you just registered your account today. If ever you are wanting some good online race with a friendly atmosphere where you can learn to improve your racecraft and joke around at the same time, consider looking at a Race Department Premium membership in the future and then you can join us for some awesome races! :thumbsup:

logitech seem to not support the g25/27 any more, one will just have to stick with the older drivers mentioned above. for rre, the g27 never was a good choice, the deadzone problems which made earlier versions unplayable for g27 users (zigzagging on straights, sudden twitches/shocks) have never quite disappeared but with a good profile the problem can be solved. However, as the wheel is perfect for iracing, i will use it till it falls apart and then in fact go for the t300 (and maybe play rre more often ...)

Wow, nice info from @Christian Moreau and @Kenny Paton to confirm my own hypothesis that the Logitech drivers available on their website are horribly broken.

I was using Windows 7 up until ~3 weeks ago when I got a new SSD and switched to Windows 10. At that point, I had to re-download all my drivers for everything I have since it was a fresh install (not an upgrade install).

Noticed that I was having a lot of problems with the G27 feeling weird in Windows 10 compared to 7. As well as the rotation being broken in every single game. AMS/AC/Pcars/R3E/rF/etc.

After a few weeks of troubleshooting and smashing my head against the wall, I remembered I still had all my old files from when I had W7 that were stored on an unused storage drive. So I just copy/pasted those into the existing install folder in W10 and lo and behold, it worked.

So yeah, new driver downloads from Logitechs site are completely borked. Whether you do the profiler v5.10.127 for W10, W8, or W7 and 32/64 bit, it will not work on W10.

Perhaps this thread or the messages above should be stickied somewhere on RD so others with the G27/W10 combo can see it and know how to fix it. Since this is a Logitech issue that globally affects all games, and not a single game issue.

Cheers

Wow, nice info from @Christian Moreau and @Kenny Paton to confirm my own hypothesis that the Logitech drivers available on their website are horribly broken.

I was using Windows 7 up until ~3 weeks ago when I got a new SSD and switched to Windows 10. At that point, I had to re-download all my drivers for everything I have since it was a fresh install (not an upgrade install).

Noticed that I was having a lot of problems with the G27 feeling weird in Windows 10 compared to 7. As well as the rotation being broken in every single game. AMS/AC/Pcars/R3E/rF/etc.

After a few weeks of troubleshooting and smashing my head against the wall, I remembered I still had all my old files from when I had W7 that were stored on an unused storage drive. So I just copy/pasted those into the existing install folder in W10 and lo and behold, it worked.

So yeah, new driver downloads from Logitechs site are completely borked. Whether you do the profiler v5.10.127 for W10, W8, or W7 and 32/64 bit, it will not work on W10.

Perhaps this thread or the messages above should be stickied somewhere on RD so others with the G27/W10 combo can see it and know how to fix it. Since this is a Logitech issue that globally affects all games, and not a single game issue.

Cheers
Yep, and the unfortunate thing is that Logitech hasn't really taken a position on any of this, leaving G25/27 users in the dark. The driver I have on my Google Drive should be marked as legacy by Logitech for G25/27 users because the new LGS software they package only supports the G29 and 920. The older wheels have been completely abandoned with the new version. Personally, I think it's their "sneaky" little way of getting people to consider buying the new wheels due to how tricky it can be to get them working now.

Definitely support having this stickied. It's not the first time we've seen this issue and it won't be the last. ;)

Yep, and the unfortunate thing is that Logitech hasn't really taken a position on any of this, leaving G25/27 users in the dark. The driver I have on my Google Drive should be marked as legacy by Logitech for G25/27 users because the new LGS software they package only supports the G29 and 920. The older wheels have been completely abandoned with the new version. Personally, I think it's their "sneaky" little way of getting people to consider buying the new wheels due to how tricky it can be to get them working now.

That's an interesting theory about pushing people to use the newer wheels by providing bad driver support for the old wheels. Cant really say if that is what they are doing or not. Perhaps it more so comes down to how completely inept they are. I think most people could agree the G27 profiler and general driver support is quite bad, even at its best.

I think this is also backed up by how Logitech released an updated driver in March 2016... but for some completely unknown reason, decided to use the exact same version number AND date as the previous driver from 2010... So people would glance at it and say, "Hey, this is the same version Im already using, so i dont need to download any new drivers."

Oh, and then also calling 2 separate pieced of software by the exact same name... The G27 profiler is known as 'Logitech gaming software' according to the download page on their site. Oh, and then on that same download page they link you to the newer LGS software that is only compatible with the G29, and doesnt even work with the G27. Man, what a cluster ****. :mad::sick:

Luckily I still had my old install files like you did, but I have no idea how people that are only downloading the G27 drivers for Windows 10 right now will have their wheel function properly. :O_o:

Cheers

Going to resurrect this thread in the hopes you guys can help me. I've got a G27, and because of the problems described above, I gave up on R3E a while ago. Gave it a go again today but it isn't great, controller-wise.

"(the deadzone problems which made earlier versions unplayable for g27 users (zigzagging on straights, sudden twitches/shocks) have never quite disappeared)"

Has anyone got some good settings that work for the G27? It just doesn't feel right. I'm kind of fed up that S3 Studios just make more and more cars to sell but don't work on something as fundamental as making sure one of the most popular wheels work better with their sim. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep! The wheel works, it just doesn't work well
These are my global settings, I'm on W7, I get a slight vibration when on the straights but nothing like you describe.
global.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years