G25/27 & DFGT Wheel mods

Okay, to start this thread off, here are a couple of pics of my current wheel mod on my G25. Based on some 3mm perspex and using a Leo Bodnar SLI-M shift light to control the buttons/rotarys. The bottom pic is of my next 'Wheel' project, more of an F1 style with LCD displays built in, but still based on the original G25 wheel!

100_0952.jpg
100_0955.jpg

and the next project planned below
logitechg25wheelMOD.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi Brian,

That looks really good. Only thing I'd say is that I'd change the stock G25 wheel for an aftermarket one. I've done it on mine, and it really improves the whole feel of of the setup.

Other than that - cracking.

Upvote 0
Cheers Alex! All these are prototypes really, so I'm gonna stick with the stock wheel at the minute to save pennys lol, but yes the final version will have a decent wheel! Ive seen your post too, very good mate!:wink:

Upvote 0
Hi Tim:D

Well, as I have said above, its not as hard as it looks lol and I will be doing some tutorials too! This is the first day for this Forum (And mine as a MOD lol) but I want to create a space where people like you can be inspired and learn........ultimatly to make your own Sim Hardware:D

Keep any eye on this space, I hope much more will follow with time and feel free to ask questions!

Upvote 0
Thanks to help from Brian I have completed my design planning;
P1010947.jpg

Only trouble is that I keep forgetting that the buttons dont actually do what they say of course as its card. Keep pressing them by accident if I actually want to change Bias for example, hard to explain :S.

Upvote 0
Hey Dan, looking good mate! I think we should probably move this to the wheel thread...lol not really a button box now lol! OH, this is up to you and your tastes/dislikes, but rather than use two buttons for Brake Bias, why not use ONE rotary encoder! Remember it will activate 2 button mapps, i.e. turn knob left for front, turn right for back! Cheaper than a knitter switch and gives you an extra button spare too. Plus much nicer and easier to use too IMO.

Upvote 0
Hmm maybe but can you have the rotary to snap back to top after and can it be made 'firmer' the videos I have seen the switches look like a fly could turn them :p I like something that you know you have turned it if that makes sense :)

Upvote 0
can they be set to snap back to the top (can you even buy them? :p) or do they have to go 360?

Just had an idea, have the Left rotary for Bias and Right rotary for Menu's :D

Going to order perspex and viynil now, 2mm perspex should be ok, yea. Few A4 sheets of that.

Upvote 0
Dan you will like the rotarys, 2mm perspex should be okay, I use 3mm myself, but my design is bigger and so needs to be more rigid! You can run the usb cable for the SLI_M thought the wheel! Much tidier, I will show you how later in a tut! (you guys are racing off doing all sorts, I cant keep up lol, good stuff!)

DAN Buy the 3M carbon film, others are a bit cheaper, but pants in comparison, trust me, I have used most types!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back