FX-i1 - The future of Formula 1

Formula one is and will stay an open wheel series for me.Motorsports are and will always stay dangerous. See Hungary 2011, Lotus Renault, Nick Heidfeld.That car had blown off its sidepod...When going 300 kmh and with temperatures of about 600 degrees celcius near highly flammable stuff things can go wrong! That concept-car isn't safe too, it can never reduce the impact of a 300kmh crash enough that the driver does never even have the chance to get injured, and it will also not prevent the driver from being exploded.Every job has it's risks and this is one of motorsports... Deal with it...Despite that the car does look awesome and would certainly be a nice addition to the motorsports world, but do not take the F1 car away for this thing.

Go to hell this is dont looks like a F1 . First point:Today's cars look like the old days?Dont you think Dan Wheldon´s father should to be more happy if his son could still alive with this car?Or Senna´s Family? I cant belive someone can say :This dont looks like the F1 .What hell is wrong with you ?What about the F1 1930 ,and F1 1980 ,There wasnt any wings on the begining,They even used the Helmet, and when someone start to use,A lot of peaple dont want to use it. I cant accept Senna´s death ,for a stupid Helmet that dont save him.( i think you saw the hole on his helmet. And now one propuses a new way to protect some lifes ,and someone of you say,Dont looks like a F1. Ok,I will say what is a F1. F1 means the best what we can do .The best materias ,and knowlogde about how to make a fast car and safety. This time ,will be no sorry for how i am talking to you. I still want Dan wheldon alive and Senna ,and all pilots who died. This is impossible, but we can save other, and when is possible to protect a pilot ,we cant to be selffish (This dont looks a F1)... I really cant belive in some coments i read.

Closed cockpit in F1 is not safe as the drivers cannot go out of the car as fast as the rules say. And the incident with Massa wasn't low safety as much as it was a bad luck. The thing that must be changed is the helmet and especially that area that was hit by the spring and I think it's done. I think F1 is the safest motor racing series in the world. After 1994 there weren't dead drivers. Even in bad situations like Kubica's crash at Montreal he missed only 3 races because doctors weren't sure. Now you can look at American series. Several dead drivers for the last 10 years. Bad injuries almost every year. Huge crashes, fires, etc. on every race. This is not safe.

I would not say no to this :) My god what a monster!

36053.jpg

Some made up specs,

1.000bhp
Small jet engine, afterburner kicks in at over 300km/h
Top speed 500km/h on the longest straights.
Weight 500kg´s
Downforce 2000kg in total at top speed.
Brake G´s 10G´s
Corner G´s 8G´s

G-suit MANDATORY!

You forgot something though...

*Auto-Pilot
*Impossiblity to properly race due to high amount of downforce and ridiculous speed
Pff auto pilot sounds like something NASCAR would use :)

I can´t see any problems with the racing just because of more downforce and speed.
2008 had massive downforce and it produced some really good racing.
When you have heavy DF cars you can´t follow in corners but the draft is immensely increased.

Speeds is a thing you get used to not matter what the speed is.
Imagine showing up with a RB7 to the 1930´s GP. They would say the same as you but now we know it is possible to race.

The brain is not designed for anything higher then walking pace so everything above that just needs getting used to :)

However, in 04, the drivers complained about partially blacking out due to the forces. That was a partial reason why the rules was changed for 05.
2004? Downforce levels was not even close to what they are today or in 2008-2009-2010 and not to mention the fan cars back in the hay-days.

Blacking out seems to be another cause then sustained G as cornering G´s in 2004 or even today´s cars is not even close to the limit to black out since it´s horizontal G´s and not Vertical ones.

Something that happened in Oval racing due to the banking.

There´s two kinds, black out and red out. Black out is the most common one (no blood in the brain)
Red out is the opposite, to much blood in the brain, causing your eyes to bleed more or less.

Both are vertical G´s though.

I'm just telling what I read. My guess is that it was down to the tyres as well. The most track records are from 2004 (on those tracks that was run in dry that year). And all is not down to engine size and HP.

dont forget that hard heavy breaking is where the drivers get taxed heavily in terms of G's ,not just cornering..so considering that back in '04 they had 900hp engines i can see it

BMW had over 950hp in regular mode in 2004.
Rumored to have around 1.000bhp at tracks like Monza. Ferrari and Renault caught up eventually and this is why we have track records today.
If we put in a V10 with 1.000bhp now we would demolish the F2004 records. Without DRS.

The most powerful units today is around 640-670hp. Add 40hp as an equalizer for not having KERS all the way around and you´ll end up with 680-710 horses.

Then add almost 300 horses to that :) This is why 2004 has records.
I think Montoyas 2005 car has some records of it´s own. Like Interlagos if i´m not mistaken.

BMW had an even more extreme engine in the works but due to FIA changing the longevity of the engines they kept the same engine for 2005.

I think Montoyas 2005 car has some records of it´s own. Like Interlagos if i´m not mistaken.
According to http://f1-grandprix.com/?page_id=3158:
"Highest Top Speed_____Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams-BMW) _____ Italian GP ’04 practice _____ 262.242 km/h"
but on some other pages it says that was his AVERAGE lap speed, which is kind of hard to believe...

EDIT: Ahh wait, that's 262, not 362 :p But I think he also set F1's highest top speed record at about 370 km/h.

EDIT2: Yup, he did 372 km/h in 2005, but he was driving for Mclaren that season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back