FX-i1 - The future of Formula 1

Péter Bártfai;960002 said:
And what happens if the car catches fire? F.e. like Kovalainen's Lotus in Singapore last year. And I think I've seen more fires in F1 than flying springs hitting drivers' heads. If there's something to be done about that, first make technical regulations so no springs can shoot off from the back of the cars. But I agree it looks cool:)

Robert Woodward;960552 said:
so a driver gets knocked on the head and makes a full perfect recovery and f1 isnt safe? look at 1960's and stfu H&S idiots!

If you think Massa has fully recovered I don't think you've been watching F1 for the last 2 years.

Anyway I like it, but as mentioned numerous times, F1 should be open wheel.

Robert Woodward;960552 said:
so a driver gets knocked on the head and makes a full perfect recovery and f1 isnt safe? look at 1960's and stfu H&S idiots!

Why did Massa have to take the headshot to begin with?

There's always room to improve. A series that gets complacent in regards to safety gets drivers killed. No, it can't be 100% safe but that doesn't mean you stop trying.

Racing is dangerous... we know it, the drivers know it.

You always get knee-jerk reactions whenever there is an accident these days. If you look at F1 safety over a period of time instead of focusing on just one recent incident you see that it is in fact incredibly safe given the speeds and proximity of the cars while racing. Of course we shouldn't become complacent, but we shouldn't go to the other extreme either.

While the above car looks smart, F1 should remain open wheel and open cockpit.

Looks okay, but keeping it clean during a 70 odd lap race would be a nightmare! Also, how will they extricate a driver from the car in the regulation 5 seconds? Ejector seats? Nice idea, but really can't see this being a practical development. Safety is of course paramount, but enclosed cockpits is not something that I think would be overly beneficial to the sport. If anything, while it may remove one hazard, it may well create several more.

I dont know why people dont think this looks like an F1 car. I think it looks very much like an F1 car of the future. Would love to see this going around Monza.Ill ask again anyone up for making this for Race 07 or any other race sim? Id love to run a fictional F1 league using this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back