FVR V8 2008 Aussie Racing Series v1.4 Released

Warwick Farm
Mallala
Bahrain (not yet in V8 layout)

I can't find these ones. Maybe they are under a different name or not allowed here?

Anyway great job on the mod. I took each car out for a test drive, great handling. More stable than I expected, but fun to drive.
Kinda similar to the GT Sport cars in performance maybe?

Only criticism so far is the car's don't look as good as the Simbin cars in terms of models and textures, and things like bumpers don't seem to break off when they crash.

Definitely a keeper :clap:

Still waiting for the DTMs though :wink2:

Only criticism so far is the car's don't look as good as the Simbin cars in terms of models and textures, and things like bumpers don't seem to break off when they crash.

It's a conversion and so the models are slightly older... just wait around and there will be newer models coming the foreseeable future...

Oh, thanks! I was looking on nogrip.

I take back what I said about these cars being more stable than I expected, just had a go on Ruapuna and noticed I lost control a few times...
Hitting the kerbs is dangerous, hehe.

One very minor thing I noticed after destroying the Ford, the engine fire was coming from the centre of the car instead of the engine.

It's a conversion and so the models are slightly older... just wait around and there will be newer models coming the foreseeable future...
Awesome.

• Steve Cooksley

Actually easier to drive than I thought (even with everything off). Not tried them in the wet though, may be a different kettle of shrimps!

• Shog

Small things that I have found wrong.
The shift light on the Commodore & Ford comes on way too early.
The inside view tacho in both cars is very dull or seems dull.
The Vodafone cars have the wrong coloured wheels.

I also have a question what is the screen to the left of the steering in the Ford for?

This is not meant in a bad way I love the mod & for me I think it's now my favourite part of EVO. Aussies like Aussie cars to drive.
Thank you again for all your efforts.

:aus:

Small things that I have found wrong.
The shift light on the Commodore & Ford comes on way too early.
The inside view tacho in both cars is very dull or seems dull.

I also have a question what is the screen to the left of the steering in the Ford for?

This is not meant in a bad way I love the mod & for me I think it's now my favourite part of EVO. Aussies like Aussie cars to drive.
Thank you again for all your efforts.

:aus:

Minor technical difficulties, the lights on the tacho wee original water temp warning and fuel low warnings for the rFactor version.

The screen on the left is also a part from the rFactor version that couldn't be used in the EVO version. Rest assured the 1.5version will change a few of those things.

• Shog

Thank you for the prompt reply & yes they are only very minor issues.:handshake:

image-courtesy-of-wwwteamvodafonecom12.jpg

They look alike silver/grey to me :dance2:

Race_Steam2009-02-1123-19-58-10.jpg

And so do these :go-away:

• Shog

The lighter coloured one looks more like the real car as the car is chrome not silver & I do not think Chrome is possible.

Please I am not wishing to nit pick you & your teams wonderful work only making observations that could possibly help if you do not think it is helping let me know. I will stop making any comment.
As stated previously this mod I find excellent & has made EVO a far better game for me.

:woot2::thanks:

Post GTR Evo 1.2.0.1 patch missing driver/car/team fix:

cut the FVRV8_08_Addon folder to desktop, load game, star a race in any car, quit, paste back FVRV8_08_Addon folder to Teams folder and all drivers/cars are back...

You should have:
VE=16
BF=13

Now...

Post GTR Evo 1.2.0.1 patch missing driver/car/team fix:

cut the FVRV8_08_Addon folder to desktop, load game, star a race in any car, quit, paste back FVRV8_08_Addon folder to Teams folder and all drivers/cars are back...

You should have:
VE=16
BF=13

Now...

not everyone will have this issue, it seems that only the Vista guys that used an FVR car last before the patch...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.