FUN RACE!, MMG F1, Silverstone 2011, 12th Feb

had a few practise sessions with mmg now, ive fallen in love all over again :laugh:

Dito! ;)

Even though it's very unlikely I can participate tomorrow :( I had to give it a go and quickly got addicted again. ;)

Since we never raced the MMGs at the 2011 version I decided to make a vid and post my setup to help those with very rare practice time.

The lap (1:28:260) was recorded live in an offline qualy session (grip level is very close to server grip I guess).

I recognized that in the first test yesterday, I felt like the break was too long and I couldn't find the feeling quickly again. But taking it back on track again today, I suddenly had lots of the old feeling back. I'm just telling about it, so everyone who feels the same after the first initial run, stays a bit more optimistic. The brain needs a break after the first run to realize that things go quicker again, lol. :roflmao:

(If our guests leave earlier than expected, I might join you but that's very uncertain)

Attachments

• R-F1-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 247
thanks for the video and setup reik :thumbsup:

i was the same, first time i went out the pits i was thinking oh my god how did we ever drive these so well :confused:, another few laps and i started feeling a bit better, next night it was like id never been away, im doing 1.29's at the moment so not much has changed at least, your still the champ :)

A small delay on the server, as it turned out it didnt have the mod anymore. Nogrip don't allow downloading both parts the same day and I therefore need to upload it from my home computer (takes time).

The server name will be recognisable :)
Thanks! Sorry to bother you with this mate. If I known about the download-problems I could have sprended the files to you.

I check my gmail.com messages frequently, but the telia.com is read more sporadic.

aw **** I thought this was the 19th:( I have barely driven the MMG F1s and I havent ever been on Silverstone for some strange reason. My memories of this car are mostly violent crashes and swearing and im not comfortable not having done decent practice, so Im going to have to pull out of this

Tried it last night and had horrible time. There were some setup things corrupted, the first outing ended up in 10s of 360s trying to get on 2nd gear. Booted the game and loaded a new setup and it started to work a bit better. Didn't like it.. There was nothing that had changed, the performance level was very close to last season with MMG in few laps..

It's just too fast for me. I've never really managed to get any turn on F1 really on the spot, i'm always a little bit too late. Then the error margins.. There simply is no concept of "correct your drivingline". It is what it is when you turned in and that's the decision you have to stick with.

The thing here is... If i switch to T-Cam or Swingman... I'm faster, don't make the same late turn-in.. F3000 cockpit: the same thing. I'm akin to believe it's a viewpoint issue rather than actual car physics or the speeding up of events. Most likely i'd need track IR to drive F1s. Or different camera angle. If i change to different car model and stick MMG physics on it.. It's not such an issue.. The MMG camera is lower and further away than SimBin camera.

Oh, our MMG setups.. Whoah, we went over the edge and far.. Those tank slappers.. way way too soft, unrealistic. Slip angles are overdriven, we get massive turnin and then go massively over slip angle for the most parts of the corners. MMG tyre model has to have pretty wide arc before the slip angle is saturated and grip is lost. That part might be acutally true, i have no idea how those 2007 grooved F1 slicks work in a game that doesn't have grooves, those who know about modding can see MMG tyre tricks of wrong radius/width simulating decreased contact patch and the huge grip that the tiny footprint offers.. not saying i don't like those tires, i do.. but they do allow quite extreme toe-in/camber/caster with extreme soft suspension setup that would break the car midway thru the race.. When returning to more conventional setup, the car starts to behave more like a racer but laptimes drop... Same thing is with F3000, too soft setup is allowed by the game.

TL: DR : MMG is too fast for the netcode, viewpoint is weird and extreme setups making it IMHO not suitable for PrestoGP anymore. Fun to drive if competitive pace is not a target.

TL: DR : MMG is too fast for the netcode, viewpoint is weird and extreme setups making it IMHO not suitable for PrestoGP anymore. Fun to drive if competitive pace is not a target.

i dont agree with that, it was great for 6 seasons in the past and could be used again very easily, yes we had small problems with sync issues now and again but on the whole it was all great fun and competative pace was always my target :thumbsup:.

what really annoys me though is the vote to change it to f3000 was decided by 2 people, 1 who didnt even bother turning up for the f3000 seasons after we'd allowed his vote to count, and another who left after 1 season of it.

do i smell a vote coming on for season 13 race07 :roflmao:

joke! (or is it?.....) :sneaky:

One bit and that's all i say about the change from F1 to F3000. It was suggested by Team Finland purely based on connection issues and as an attempt to broaden the userbase, closer racing and then it was put in to a vote. There were NO alternative motives than purely better sporting. Marko has completely vanished from my radar, something must've happened to him in his private life. I'm still thinking the same as i did back then, MMG is too fast for the game and half of the field, F3000 is too slow for everybody but with other policies involving mods and content, it is the only choice. I tried to stay away from steering this league in to my personal preferences but obviously i did not succeed in that :(

Back on topic.

I must have something wrong with my install, cause i'm going thru silverstone type esses with this steering angle:

lOSgj5v.jpg

With 16.5 steering lock.. No wonder i was doing those donuts on every turn with 19 degree angle.. Doesn't do that on any other mod. So my revisit was very very flawed...

i agree alot of what you say i must admit, but i still at that time wouldve preffered to stay with mmg, this may sound stupid but i probably wouldnt have won a championship against reik or sean in mmg but the thrill of trying was all i needed, last seasons championship win felt slightly hollow as i still see reik as undisputed champion and only because we moved to f3000 that he wasnt used to was how he was beaten, winning against reik in mmg wouldve been far more satisfying, but i'll still cherish my only championship win so far :)

aint got a clue why your wheel is off centre but can i ask why you use 5% brake sensitivity? ive always used 50% brake and throttle in race07.

I get what you mean, it's like competing with Schumi or Loeb for years, finally getting to a stage when a challenge is possible and then the regulations change..

With Momo pedals, you can put 50% brakes without even knowing you had any... It hits max value way before the movement stops physically. 5% is not usual, i have it at 20% in most cases. It's just some left overs from mod testing.

Wheel is centered, that is the amount of steering input on Silverstone, esses or perhaps Club corner to go thru a corner at 250km/h.. :) Not exactly right, it's only MMG that does it so i think i got a corrupt install. Pretty fun, at least opposite lock has enough range, unfortunately drifting with F1 is pretty much impossible.

I might pop in tonight just to hang around and do some laps.

Last edited:
Im agree with David "joke! (or is it?.....) :sneaky:" :D but the sinc issue is a problem has influenced my vote to migrate to the F3000 sure I prefer mmgF1:thumbsup: I have a car with the most beautiful livery:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back