FSR situation

The biggest problem is the severe lack of people stepping forward to do the work. We can't expect independent admins to take care of something when the teams involved don't step forward and care enough to do the work.

There use to be people not involved in a team to help with admin duties in the past, but they got pushed away. Because of rivalries being to fierce and to many people against each other.

Friendly rivalry is fine but the rivalries between teams in FSR goes far over the top of just being a rival. Team-Wars, leading to cheating / or an attempt / and or to disrupt other drivers in negative ways on track has happened far too many times. And strange decisions from directors has happened many times, like someone said it's just a natural thing for some people "not" to be biased.
But now there's no bodies, so the main issue is getting people to do anything in a committed way, and not think about these other issues as much at the moment.

It's also important for everyone just to forget what's happened in the past which causes these over the top rivalries, get on, move forward and find unity, go forward together in only positive ways.

If you can't find a guy who is committed to do certain work, even when offered money, don't give up. There's always someone out there who will do it, you may have to contact 100 people to find that one person, but they are there. There's always that one person who will do the job and be committed, they are just hard to find and you have to put the extra mileage in to find them; sometimes. It's time consuming, but don't give up.

And if major changes are needed, don't be scared to take a risk, as taking risks is often needed. It don't matter if it fails in the short term, at least you tried to make changes happen and it may work. And because FSR already has the name there it can always rebuild in no time, so that change failure does not matter so much, as there's always a fall back to option.

Like a cut donw in divisions maybe needed, even at worse just focus on the WC if there really is a lack of bodies to help, you do what is needed to keep going...

There are many areas that FSR wishes to improve and the enlightenment surrounding how ISR and TOA work is actually a positive thing. Not just for the league but for people wanting to understand FSR as well.

The biggest problem I feel with FSR is the secrecy. Everything feels like it is behind closed doors with not a lot of transparency. I applaud JES this season for asking questions and getting drivers, teams, managers views and opinions on what they want. In fact I have massive respect for JES taking the plunge with rF2 when it clearly is still not up to scratch yet. That is seriously ballsy and very respectable.

Considering the very bold move was taken to move to rF2 then it was always going to be a tricky season. I see 2014 as very much a "transition" season for FSR. Content has long been the fear for many leagues in getting tracks, real road, weather even arguably all up to scratch to be league and race worthy. That is a tremendous battle that has been fought throughout the season. While there has been a shortened calendar, by and large the content has been a success. Like anything though it needs more people to help towards more.

Most problems come from the fact that rFactor 2 still has significant and fundamental issues, namely the damage model. Incidents and accidents have been wildly disputed and done nothing for the league. Some quite staggering videos posted of flying cars making the league look bad at times but in reality rF2 is the issue and the complete lack of sense from ISI.

If anyone from ISI does read this then hear this. You have got to listen, understand and take some serious consideration in to what people want. You can't keep making these "pseudo" historic mods with tracks that even then most anorak of Motorsport fans have never heard of and expect to promote the sim. Please, wake up and realise that an established league such as FSR and other series are just waiting and begging for the sim to be tapered which will draw and attract such a broad audience in both competitors and viewers.

From FSR side, transparency. Open up the doors to the TOA and ISR club. Allow us to see what it is. Restrict posting access to the teams and owners but allow everyone to see. Stop the talks of corruption, stop the talks of biased and allow the league to be open and free to run. Welcome drivers inputs and thoughts. Embrace different ideas.

A somewhat chequered history has blighted FSR in recent years and often dampened the spirits of hearty competitors. Break those shackles and bring it back to it's former glory.

Finally, DO NOT TRY TO COMPETE WITH iRACING! The two are so wildly different it is not even worthy trying to compete where there is no competition. FSR is standalone and unique, run it like it is.

Last edited:
As much as I don't fully enjoy rF2 (for other reasons though), I think the game option was clearly the best one. Certainly some crashes look akward from time to time, but that is no much different than let's say iRacing, which probably has the best netcode/prediction system. I remember watching several starts with cars flying all around.

rFactor, having probably a more solid netcode overall than rF2 at this stage, also had some strange situations, like the classic wheelies, screenshot attached. And unlike crashes, that didn't happen few times per race, it was on air all the time. Ghost contacts etc also did happen, since it's part of the online experience nature.

On the other hand, with rF2 we have also a more dynamic physics engine, probably the best F1 physics of any simracing title, and some interesting tyres that punish bad driving habits, like rF1's braking style of locking everywhere.

Attachments

• rf1.png
    rf1.png
    927.5 KB · Views: 418
"On the other hand, with rF2 we have also a more dynamic physics engine, probably the best F1 physics of any simracing title, and some interesting tyres that punish bad driving habits, like rF1's braking style of locking everywhere."

So, why don't you like rF2 then?

Anyways, I agree with you in many ways, but things like trying to pay people for track work and other things have been tried, but was usually refused as far as I know.
I know people for example for track (3d stuff) and videos (highlights) would do it for money... depends how much we can give. I also know who can make us a new website, which we do need quite badly!. if we have a meeting with ppl that care about FSR, we can talk about all this.

I know people for example for track (3d stuff) and videos (highlights) would do it for money... depends how much we can give. I also know who can make us a new website, which we do need quite badly!. if we have a meeting with ppl that care about FSR, we can talk about all this.
i am dedicated to FSR with my Highlights videos for World Trophy (former name for Pro Division) and i didnt get payed, why, because i dont want to get payed, i want to give the lower divisions of FSR a voice, which i have done, this proves that Dedication can go a long way

i am dedicated to FSR with my Highlights videos for World Trophy (former name for Pro Division) and i didnt get payed, why, because i dont want to get payed, i want to give the lower divisions of FSR a voice, which i have done, this proves that Dedication can go a long way
But you didn't do that for this season, did you?

I also know people that do it for free as well, depends what we want to achieve. I just bought Twister, and it wasn't for free and it is not going to be cheap for what I want to do, it all depends on what we want to do and achieve.

My answer was just an answer to all the people that said it is hard to find people even when paying, I am here to say, we need to show them a proper project, not just words, and we need to get team owner to get involved, and honestly, make a rule, who doesn't care, really, loses their license. It is pointless and counter-productive to have people with power/right to vote but doesn't care. I am in the ISR Club only since last week, and I have seen how bad it is, it is not useless, it just needs renovation and get rid of people that is too slow. I personally don't like all this be more transparent and involve more people, depends to what extent, as it can, and would probably be, much more counter-productive than any good whatsoever to FSR.

Ok im new here after following FSR for a very long time and ive decided why watch when i can participate and race with a great bunch of racing enthusiasts so i bought Rfactor 2 and im learning the ropes.BUT .Yes there is always a BUT. Some things i have noticed in the time ive been following FSR and there is not really any promotion of FSR. Yes you get the race broadcasts and the Forum here but thats about it im sure if people are willing like i am to actually promote the league whether it be social media ect , Im good at visual media and like F1 broadcasts having a weekly roundup show or a pre race that people from the outside can see the effort thats been done to promote FSR , maybe educate the viewers as to what is FSR , the car , the teams drivers ect .It would make a huge positive impact to FSR. I surely dont think that FSR is dead ( being a outsider) nor dying.Yes i dont know behind the scenes and reading all the comments there seems to be a problem which i hope will be resolved soonest because from a outsider point of view i think its a great place to be. So if the structure is sorted out (which is basically the foundation ) and it stays sound then there shouldnt be a problem in the future. Im sure the majority of us want this league to be the best it can be and it CAN be. Im a newbie here but im willing to sacrifice my time to make this league one of the best so that we dont get teams/drivers leaving or having internal fights ect

Lets pull our big girl panties on and take FSR to where it must be and squash all the negativity

Sure, but since this thread already exist and all drivers hopefully get more involved next season, I just wanted to hear some opinions and maybe just talk about this idea. Maybe the future admins read it and think about it if there is a good resonance :)

So you basically have clear vision but you won't go for president.

I will reply here not to abduct the other threat that isn't meant for discussion.

I have explained it already, but again:
1) I don't have the time required to succeed in this, I am busy succeeding elsewhere.
2) I have quite a few enemies inside of ISR and many more outside of FSR, which would just put a very bad image on FSR should that happen.
3) I honestly don't believe there are willing, committed and available people for all the required positions and whoever is up for this can't do it alone, can't do it with 2 or 3 people. FSR must be led by a team of people, that share the same vision and approach. All the individualism that we have had over the years led nowhere unsurprisingly. Once again that is not only fault of previous presidents, but simply the way fsr structures have been designed and they are extremely inefficient, demotivating, untransparent and out-dated. FSR had a clear vision a decade ago, about what it strives to be, but it is time to face the reality after all the years of empty phrases and words said. FSR must adapt itself to the reality and stabilize itself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back