FSR situation

Seriously, one team quits and you post all this??

I don't see what's wrong with fsr at the moment, FSR is easily the best and most realistic simracing series out there, it has plenty of drivers in each division, it has 13 teams in the WC, it usually has full grids in pro and sometimes in ace as well. And the league is also growing in terms of drivers each year, apart from this year, cos not as many people play on rfactor 2 as they do on rfactor. So really I don't know what the complaints are about, I don't see any reason why the league should stop anytime soon.

J.E. Saxen:
Anyway, this thread went off-topic. Discussions about FSR future are carried on internally in club forums at moment.

This is exactly the problem. If you wanna ''discuss'' only with careless and often clueless license owners then FSR is not gonna make it. Pretending that ISR club is the real deal where big decisions are taken among superior big FSR leaders is just wrong. Transparency was one of your goals as a president. If FSR problems are kept in private as always, nobody is gonna do a thing because team owners won't. It is critically important to make drivers and FSR members aware of how FSR has been functioning and as it will not be able to continue to function. As David pointed out, teams are the reason for this situation. And as I have been saying for years teams are what FSR makes FSR, its strongest asset as well as biggest weaknes. Without teams there is no FSR.
The problem is, half of the teams are inactive, practically dead. Best example is FTS. They have been doing nothing in the past several years except of press releases. It got that far that they became another team of Netrex. FSR has been surviving with several teams having sister teams, which then further decreases the amount of people and teams involved.

Since 2011 FSR has been mostly led and taken care of by its presidents and a few dedicated directors. With a few temporary exceptions, there has been no other help. Now, try to run a league of 100 people with 2 or 3 people. Try to keep that up for years. That is why FSR presidents quit after 1 year. It is impossible to do it for longer without any help. Last 3 presidents have been largely competent - they had to be. Understand server side of things, track development, mod creation, rf2 (rf2) file system and so on. Without this FSR would have been over by now. Now squire or mundy are running for president. Does anyone honestly believe that FSR can survive that? I don't.

In an ideal world teams would contribute to FSR by taking care of things, this has been suggested in the past and this is the only way there is any chance. Sadly this is incredibly hard to achieve, as I said most of the teams that have been here for years don't care and have no people besides drivers involved and let's face it, current generation of kid drivers just wanna race mostly.

David said the effort must come from team owners to improve FSR. I will say effort must come from team owners to allow FSR to survive.

David Greco said:
Ondrej, you are a guy that made a team, win so much, you can definitely manage things. Smart, can write, or, should I say, better, sell things. Why don't you run for president?

A few points to make. Firstly, it would make FSR look very ridiculous to have the troll in charge. Obviously in such situation I would stop trolling, but considering this year it is not an option.

Secondly, I am quite busy and besides writing some bunch of bs I don't have time to take care of something like this. This is the same reason I quit PM. If I cannot dedicate 100% effort to something, I won't do it. I am not designed to underperform. I am designed to win at whatever I do and with such very limited time, we could see it with Saxen and Kunkel last 2 years. It is impossible to move the league forward. Obviously without the first point and if I had time for it I would consider it. I have some pretty good ideas and I am totally sure I would improve FSR, but it is not an option. As always I advise and suggest, which is what I hadbeen doing mostly before this season.

Anyway people must wake up, FSR needs a group of reliable, uncorrupt, experienced and knowledgeable people. Sadly most of these are gone or retiring after this season and this situation I fear is terminal for FSR. The same people have kept it going for 2 3 more years than it was supposed to, but now?

If you read beyond the criticism parts of what Ondrej says, there is a hell of a lot of depth and truth in what is being said. YES, Ondrej is not everyone's cup of tea but take time (if you want) to read past some of the "pseudo's" and you get a lot of respectable and constructive views.

While a lot of what is said seems to be anger. It is anger towards a good cause. Ondrej does not just say this for fun. It is said in support and does try to help the league. It is also quite clearly how he does want to help the league and be constructive.

So while the anti-Ondrej cannons roll out, reel them back in for a moment and read what is actually being said. The problem with forums is they are for to open for interpretation, much like texting is the same. Interpretation. God is in the detail and Ondrej's detail in very thorough and experienced..

Just one thing about Ondrej "trolling" (it's a bit offtopic). I don't thing he's troll with his articles, in fact give enough life to league after WC race, to talk about something, and though it's hard to admit it, most things are true. I agree that maybe sometimes the forms are not adequate, but for example when he said "usual DNF: Rodriguez...", u can have several reasons, but indeed I have lots DNF in last races. When he said Spain is poor country (with other words), it's a shame, but is true, and he is not to blame for saying it, even though it is frowned upon to say it.

Ultimately, only he can offend u if you want to be offended. I really like his articles and u can laugh with them if you do not take it personally. In fact, I don't think Ondrej has personal problem with anyone here despite what he write (except De Wit, xD)

Just one thing about Ondrej "trolling" (it's a bit offtopic). I don't thing he's troll with his articles, in fact give enough life to league after WC race, to talk about something, and though it's hard to admit it, most things are true. I agree that maybe sometimes the forms are not adequate, but for example when he said "usual DNF: Rodriguez...", u can have several reasons, but indeed I have lots DNF in last races. When he said Spain is poor country (with other words), it's a shame, but is true, and he is not to blame for saying it, even though it is frowned upon to say it.

Ultimately, only he can offend u if you want to be offended. I really like his articles and u can laugh with them if you do not take it personally. In fact, I don't think Ondrej has personal problem with anyone here despite what he write (except De Wit, xD)

Spot on and it looks like people grew to accept it and like it, except of some carlos martins and dewit of course. Can't blame him though.

To Stop:
whoever you are, which I don't have time to investigate now. This isn't about 1 team leaving. There are 2 twister teams, 3 netrex teams, 2 precision teams, 2 ghost speed teams. that 9 teams... that are 4 teams basically and that is the whole FSR. Things don't look as bad now but once again, once current administration leaves, there is nobody. Saxen has been in administration since 2007, Dominguez 2010?, Mallorqui 2011 I believe? and they are the only people who made this season happen basically. Obviously a few more people such as the broadcast director etc, but broadcasts, while being important, don't make the league. You can have perfect broadcasts but without the league that is a bit pointless, unless you like broadcasting yourself as one of the netrex members claimed.

And its a problem too, if a vice-president fight a race director in public forum. Admins should speak always with one voice. Now people start to talk about that instead of the good side of FSR...

Problem comes when that person ignores you totally with his "now let's move on" while being proven totally wrong, ignoring the most basic duties of his "job", etc, again and again. I've had enough battles with him internally, me and other people, so what's the point of wasting more time with that.

If you expected to have a VP that the only thing he cares about is about being politically correct, and look for the image of the league (lol) and blablabla, sorry, I'm not that kind of person, and will never be. I just do stuff, being race director, president, making/editing tracks, signing sponsors etc, the politician talks are for others.

Anti-cobbiness has pulled the league together we must admit. Everyone mostly disagrees with his decisions so in the end that's a positive thing and something to build on. Forum wars are not a negative thing unless you are terminally offended. It is keeping things alive as are my articles. Anyway lots of talk again, but no real suggestions or ideas. Let me ask this, I assume everyone wants the league to do well, what are you expecting to happen after this season?

Problem comes when that person ignores you totally with his "now let's move on" while being proven totally wrong, ignoring the most basic duties of his "job", etc, again and again. I've had enough battles with him internally, me and other people, so what's the point of wasting more time with that.

If you expected to have a VP that the only thing he cares about is about being politically correct, and look for the image of the league (lol) and blablabla, sorry, I'm not that kind of person, and will never be.
I dont expect a VP that only cares about beeing politically correct, but I expect a VP that is additional politically correct together with all the other tasks he have to do.
And I mean if people dont do it correct, than you have to fire them and look for a replacement. thats one of your jobs... But if even you are not able to do your job,, how do you can expect that by your "sub-admins"?

Let me ask this, I assume everyone wants the league to do well, what are you expecting to happen after this season?
My suggestions:
- Make FSR completly independent from ISR Club
- Try to find 3 People for the FSR Administration(1 President with 2 vice)
- And for every division another 3 Division admins

And make all decisions and discussing in a non-public but for all driver acessable 2nd forum.

It was a general comment, we have had the same problems with press area since ever.

If all this years u have the same problem with press area, perhaps then the problem isn't press area, right?

You're showing the rest u don't have self-criticism, You even take the trouble to put "blablabla" to quote me when is easier quote me directly. As I said, I don't care about it, but u're making the rest see you think you're superior when really you're not. I only say for u and president give me freedom to improve press and social area. U prefer attack individually and ignore it one more time, later press area is the problem.

To be clear, I'm not attacking you personally, but rather the responsibilities of your office, that don't comply.

David Dominguez said:
Problem comes when that person ignores you totally with his "now let's move on" while being proven totally wrong
Din din din! Also when a person thinks he is right always.

Si, senor.

ñññññññññññññññ :p

Last edited:
I dont expect a VP that only cares about beeing politically correct, but I expect a VP that is additional politically correct together with all the other tasks he have to do.
And I mean if people dont do it correct, than you have to fire them and look for a replacement. thats one of your jobs... But if even you are not able to do your job,, how do you can expect that by your "sub-admins"?

Nop, that's not one of my jobs. It would be my responsability if the president was absent.

I'm not aiming this at Ondrej at all. But I find it a bit ironic that, when @Chris de Jong raised these and other concerns about a month ago, and not in any worse manner it has to be said, his thread duly deleted and he was given a 2 week ban. :cautious:

Nop, that's not one of my jobs. It would be my responsability if the president was absent.
So you prefer saying: "thats not my job" and moving the responsibility to someone other instead of doing something useful for FSR even if its "not your job"? How you got your vice-president position? really, tell me...

Someone in your position should do everything what could be good for the league and not only the absolute minimum of what your "job-description" says...

If all this years u have the same problem with press area, perhaps then the problem isn't press area, right?

We have had different presidents, VP, etc, and the issue has been always there. It was already pointed before, at the end always the same 3-4 guys had to do everything because sadly a big part of people joins and helps during some days, weeks, and then gives up.

You're showing the rest u don't have self-criticism, You even take the trouble to put "blablabla" to quote me when is easier quote me directly. As I said, I don't care about it, but u're making the rest see you think you're superior when really you're not. I only say for u and president give me freedom to improve press and social area. U prefer attack individually and ignore it one more time, later press area is the problem.

I don't feel superior to anyone, but for sure I am one of those who had to do many things, too many more than what I should, like having to find and ask an english speaking person to re-write 90% of the text from your articles because it was that poorly written. And yes, my english isn't good either, but that's the reason I wouldn't apply for that exact role...

I will comment on rest later. Regarding press department, read here. A stunning one person was interested in newsarticle writer position (Adrian) plus Carlos who was chosen for other FSR job. All this after being even offered license discounts. It's quite telling that I have been doing the WC race previews for last 5 or so years before Cobb now offered to help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%