FSR 2011 Mod Feedback Thread

Is it possible to turn the Temporary Boost working the other way?

Now when i press the Temp Boost Button the engine will limit to 16.000 RPM. It would be nice that it would be go to 17.000.

Because when i drive with b8 (16.200 rpm) and im behind a car then i want more revs temporary.

Is it possible to turn the Temporary Boost working the other way?

Now when i press the Temp Boost Button the engine will limit to 16.000 RPM. It would be nice that it would be go to 17.000.

Because when i drive with b8 (16.200 rpm) and im behind a car then i want more revs temporary.

Because we wanted to disable the Temp Boost button; last year people was driving with minimum boost on the corners and then temp boost on the straights.

o i had a same question)) and more, wot does engine brake map do/?? and wot is best????

Brakemap controls how much power the engine will deliver when you are off throttle. Higher value = more power. Higher settings can help if you experience rear locking or snap oversteer into corners. What is best is different for each track and driver. You'll need to test and figure out. Personally I like to use less BM and deal with locking and snap in other ways.

Slipstream does not add very much speed compared to what we have had previously. We did quite extensive tests on the slipstreaming and are quite happy with our experiences. Passing was not easy in our opinion. Only Bono was passing everywhere, the rest of us had to fight hard to get close enough to make a move.

Yes last year we all broke our thumbs with temp boost. Since the boost this season only influences revs, not power like last year it's probably not a very important setting, but on the other hand there's no real reason to run constantly with the engine rev limited. If your gearing is right, you don't slipstream all race race long and you didn't take shortcuts with cooling the engine should be fine running at top revs for the entire race. My suggestion as head of engine reliability development is that you run the engine well cooled (<110 degrees oil temp) and at full rpm since that is quicker and normally wont destroy the engine. You limit the revs if you're overheating, running short on fuel, or have spent a great deal of time in slipstream and thus overrevving the engine.

I know that in previous years drivers have been forced not to use full RPM or reduce boost to get to the finish. We didn't want that because F1 engines last 3 race distances IRL so it's quite stupid that you have to detune them to make them last 1 race. Instead we put a greater deal of reliability in heating and driver management of his engine. The engine should typically last, but we wanted a driver to have the opportunity to kill his engine by mishandling it by overheating, overreving or careless downshifting, not just by demanding it to do its job, driving the race at full power.

Hey guys - I am hoping someone can help me out...

I had the Beta version installed still and found out today that the Sim Sync Tool was now working and that I could update my mod to be able to connect to the FSR server and stay up to date with everyone...

Anyways, I got the new SimSync Tool (PRO v3.5.1.4), selected the 2011 mod, entered the pw and it starts to sync as usual but stops right away with an error saying the following:

"Konnte Datei 'C\Program Files\rFactor_FSR2011\GameData\Shared\SRPL_ShaderPack.GFX' nicht syncen!
Synchronisierung wird abgebrochen!
Fehler ReplyCide:550 // Can't open /fsr2011/GameData/Shared/SRPL_ShaderPack.GFX:No such file or directory (code=550)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

-- I should also add that I didn't try to install over the Beta... I started with a clean rFactor install.

Hi Ben,

I had the same issue, if you click on Tools (I think thats the menu) and the tick prefered main server or something along those lines then start simsync download again it should work fine, well it fixed mine so... hopefully yours as well.

Hi Ben,

I had the same issue, if you click on Tools (I think thats the menu) and the tick prefered main server or something along those lines then start simsync download again it should work fine, well it fixed mine so... hopefully yours as well.

That works, Syncing up now - Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back