rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Interlagos - Sun Aug 8th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
was an hell race had a lot of fights and a lot of fun (btw maybe next time is better pissing before the race is not easy keep the concentration and in this track the concentration is ALL)...... did also some kamikaze overtakes so pls i'm sry for that and if i hit you guys a bit, btw i watched if i had damages and for both races my car was perfect also if i give here and there some little touch..... btw i'm sry for that coz i know that i must try to be more clean also in overtaking on this tight track....

in every case did a 5th? i think and a 9th place..... in race 2 i spun and that cost me that spot.... but the event was really nice and fun..... 25 are a lot on this little track but in the FPWS we will run with 30 cars so the fun will be a lot more, i think that this one race with that huge grid will be really an HELL!!!! :D

Hey guys loads of fun tonight especially with Kevin , thx bro didn´t have this fun in a while :tongue:
Qualify got 3rd place on both races couldn ´t match Ibrahim or Muhammed´s times , they were just too fast :D

Race 1 : did a good start keeping the 3rd place , but I went with soft tires so after a few laps i was start struggling to defend Kevin until the end of the race , even so manage to keep 3rd place ...great fighting Kevin :)

Race 2: did a good start too but loads of confusion in t1 lots of breaking and got a little surprised when saw Muhammed on my outside in t2 , dunno if i touch bro but if I did sry I lift my foot after that so I can give you position back but someone else did the overtake , loose a bit of time there but went for it , then he just break bad on last corner and I need to break some more so I didn´t hit him , Kevin overtook both of us...I overtook him after exiting slipstream got 3rd place back but was just a matter of time until Muhammed gets in my rear, so I defend for a bit but didn´t even try too hard cause he was way faster then me , so no point of that...he went by me and on Kevin´s rear and I struggling to keep they´re pace but Muhammed was too fast for both of us and he overtake Kevin, after that was always me and Kevin fighting to the end....On last laps I just went for it and tried hard to overtook him , maybe too much because e in T5 we did touch , nothing much but after that lift my foot too so he could keep his position (just for a bit didn´t wanna loose too much time with it) , but Kevin was strong and doing a hell of a race so 4th place wasn´t that bad and man the fun I had was just unbelievable...So thx all for racing tonight , Ivo for hosting :cool:.
Congrats to Ibrahim and Muhammed for 1st and 2nd places in both races and Kevin for this wonderful evening and podium on second race :)

Had little time to practise was generaly poor, apauled with my own performance sorry to all affect.

Thanks Ivo for your hard work though, flater track next time please? :p

I was a bit too tired for racing - was on a baschelors party the day before so i used all my strenght just to attend and do some practice before.
The first race was fun despite little action. Just a few little mistakes and i ended up on 12th so that was +4 from my starting post.
The second race was a distaster - adrenaline hype from race one dropped and i felt very tired all of a sudden. Taking a nap on the start didnt help much and i saw people passing by. Been fighting with Giorgos for a while but after a few laps trying to overtake i made a braking correction too late. dnfed.
Vey fine event sirs - thank you

all in all that went pretty well, but not perfectly. I think i should have won both races, but i didnt defend hard enough in the first race to keep first.

Tbh i was quite surprised to be so fast as i thought the chasing back were much closer, if not faster. I even thought there may have been a 5 way fight for the wins. Maybe next time

@ Ondrej... this thing happens also to me one time, but maybe i found a way for save the car..... it doesn't work always but i think that in the 75% of the times it works.... you must put reverse gear turn the whell all right or left, it depends on the turn, and accelerate really slowing

Mixed night for me. Had some weird connection problems to start with but a restart of both the computer and the router seemed to fix them.

Quali 1: Managed to take 8th but I know the speed was there to go faster.

Race 1: Completely missed the start as someone was talking as the lights were going out and they distracted me a lot. Lost 5 places by turn 1 and had to slowly make my way up. Ivo got me into turn 1 on lap 2 and I was able to follow him until he made a small error at turn 3. I avoided him but got too much on the curb and nearly lost it and dropped behind Jan. Followed Jan for many laps and really struggled to get past even though I felt I was faster. He must of been running lower wing than me as he would pull away on the straights even with me in the slipstream and was much earlier on the brakes. Ended up making another mistake at turn 3 which nearly took Julien out (Sorry). Luckily we didn't touch and Ivo sneeked past as well. Last lap was running 11th and Ivo had a bad exit out of the last turn and I got in his slipstream. As we reached the pit entry he went left, I went right but I hit a bump and the rear slid a bit and ended up hitting Ivo (Sorry). He got across the line fine but I was stuck in the wall about 10m from the line and lost 3 more places. Ended up 14th.

Quali 2: Better performance this time but was still 8th.

Race 2: Formation lap someone kept stopping after the last corner. I thought he had problems so I just carried on to the grid. Made a better start but not great. Managed to keep the position into turn 1 and overtook Mattia into turn 4. Had Martin just ahead and Mattia was pushing hard behind. Martin got a bad run out of the last corner and I was able to get into his slipstream and pass him on the inside into turn 1. From then on, Martin was all over my rear for what must of been 10 laps and eventually he passed me with a great manoeuvre on the inside at turn 1 on the last lap. We were side by side through 2 before he was able to get his car in front. I had a go at turn 4 but he defended well and I never got another chance. 6th place, not too bad considering race 1.

One thing I did notice about this track is that it was very hard to overtake unless you got a good run out of the last corner. Patience and Concentration were needed a lot here.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and all those I battled with.

First I have to complain a bit….
I have never been in a race where there are so many drivers making off track excursions… I could be the mod or the track but that’s not the real problem.
The problem is when the “grass driver” is entering the track again…… it is YOUR responsibility to check that the track is clear to enter and NOT the drivers being on the tarmac.
I had so many near misses (and one fatal) so I just have to get this out of my system.

Anyhow, first time I ever raced an rfactor event and it was overall quite nice. :)

Race 1
I think I qualified in 11’t spot (?)
Realised when I sat there waiting for the light that I never had made a test start…. scary…
Got of the line a bit slow since I didn’t want to ruin the race that early and lost some places before T1
Everyone was clear trough T1, T2 and T3….. nice job everyone:good:

Had some nice fights along the way and slowly climbed in the list, sometimes due to others mishaps and sometimes from my self managing an overtaking.
Finished in a nice 6’th spot in my first rFactor event ever….. I’m happy :D

Race 2
Qualified in a 10’th spot
Had a great start but the car in front was a bit slow so I had to lift off…. once again loosing some spots into T1
Everyone was clear again (I think) and we had a nice queue of cars screaming around the track for some laps.
Somewhere around lap 6-8 I started to catch Ivo and we had some nice fights for some laps.
The in T1 (on lap 10 or so) we where parallel with me on the outside and in front someone where off onto the grass going full speed back towards the track.
With that fight going on with Ivo and with a car approaching from the grass on the right I just lost concentration and lost the car….. front wing and suspension gone.
Yes it was my own fault loosing it…. but please drivers when you have an “off session” be careful when rejoining.
Sadly ended race 2 with a DNF. :frown:

Thanks all who raced (and entered the track) nice and clean, and thanks Ivo and RD for organising. :)

sry m8, was me that was rejoining the track, so i'm really sry that i scared you and if you lost the control of your car for that..... i know that were coming some cars and so i joined the track at race speed for not being a stationary wall in the middle of the track and i watched also the replay and i saw also that i left a lot of place in the inside, so i don't think that my maneuver was so dangerouse, but in every case if you feel that i was wrong just send a pm to the admin and i will accept any penalties for that action!!! ;)

again sry for what happened wasn't my intention ruins your race!!! ;)

No no, im not reporting this... its still my own mistake loosing it.
What i mean is that it doesn’t take much to loos your concentration when you are already fighting and driving at your maximum, when you suddenly you have a 2’nd car to take into account.
It would be easy if you knew that the other car would rejoin carefully, but since I had some near misses from other rejoinders I could just not stop watching you ….. so I lost it.

Se you on track for some nice fights next time Mattia…. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back