1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Front tire grip, and steering sharper turns, terrible???

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Zenon1988, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Zenon1988

Zenon1988

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the most things in ac, but I dont like the grip of the front tiers on the cars, it only goes straigt forward in the sharper turns whene i dont drift, and just driving arount, and the resonse to steering is terrible!
    I play, Richard burns rally. Dirt rally, Dirt 3, Grid Autosport, Automobilista, Need for speed shift, Next car game "Wrechfest" Sebastien loab rally, Wrc 4-6, Flatout Uc.
    And have never feelt something near Ac. I only want to use ac to drift, so is it some mod out there that fixes the bad response to steering in turns? I play on pc with Logitech g27.
    Ore mod that makes better grip in front tire?
    I want to play the game, it is so many drift tracks and cars to download.
    Plz help!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jim Liak

Jim Liak

Ratings:
    +302
    Try to brake before tight turns.

• Haha x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Sad x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. Zenon1988

Zenon1988

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont drive to fast, thats not the problem. I want tips on mods for handling, steering, tire grip. Plz

4. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +912
    Mod your technique so you enter turns slower. Seriously. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with grip in AC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,920
    AC was the first sim I came back to after four years out of sim racing. Initially I kinda felt the same, like most of the cars had severe understeer. But no, like the guys above have said, it was just me braking too hard, too late, and entering turns far too quickly. Stick to the slow in, fast out technique and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel

Ratings:
    +241
    How is your input lag? A high lag can result in a very disconnected and understeery feeling. Is your frame rate ok? What kind of monitor do you use? Also try a Steam integrity check.

Also what kind of cars did you try? Road, race or some of the specific drift versions? With road cars you can often aid reactivity by adding some negative front camber, and toe out.

7. Tommi Ylén

Tommi Ylén

Ratings:
    +29
    I hate to say this but the problem lies in your previous games

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +480
    Buy t300...Problem solved

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    I'll tell you the same here as I did over on the steam forums...that the handling/physics of the cars in AC is miles better than any of the other 'games' you keep quoting...if you want arcade type physics then play your other games.
    Regards

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stephen Armstrong

Stephen Armstrong

Ratings:
    +31
    I have a similar problem with the Ferrari 488 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3R really hard to turn into 2nd gear corners, while the Ferrari 458 GT2 has excellent turn-in to slow corners.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,920
    It's probably worth mentioning that car setup can also make a world of difference. AC has helpful tooltips explaining what every setting does and how it affects the handling. Give it a try!

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    I just raced the GT3R Saturday night at Zandvoort and didn't notice any issues with 2nd gear turns.

13. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Which car(s) is OP referring to (drift cars ? would be normal) ? Cause a few like the 458 street car are really horrible in lower speed corners. Literally dump trucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    I prefer to trail-brake but I find that doesn't work as well in AC compared to AMS. Which is more realistic who knows but as others have said you just have to adjust your technique to the sim.

15. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +95
    Sorry to hijack the convo...I'm old and dim witted and not sure how to private message...but Ross...are you in the UK or somewhere around GMT? (europe)...I ask because you seem to be roughly where I am in my eRacing career...I thought perhaps we could meet up on the track sometime?...and also...anyone who likes decent rock music is always a plus...so few of us left and you look quite young so to go0 against this horrible influx of pop music has only got to be good.
    Regards mate

16. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Click on his avatar image at the top of his post and you'll see this pop up, click on Start Conversation. :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 2.46.25 PM.png

17. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +95
    Cheers mate....many thanks :)
    and apologies for being old and slow @)
    My two teenage kids say Im crap at games...but I still remain undefeated champion in this house for AC and DOOM :)
    Regards

See.....friendly moderators...erm...staff members

That is the exact reason I wanted to join this community

but you go skidding off at every bend?....remind me to be behind you in the grid :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    No worries, I'm no spring chicken either. :sleep: I did merge your posts together into one though. ;)

19. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +427
    not true i have a OSW and i agree with David when turning your wheel it has a strange behaviour / feeling like its square at certain point and that has nothing to do with going to fast drive slow and turn and it has the same , i wasnt a AC fan but i must say its making progress but that steering is despite it can be in real also only here its too and i agree with David it has to be fine tuned more by Kunos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Thapelo

Thapelo

Ratings:
    +0
    If you own RFactor 2 and Automobilista, then compare the physics to AC you will clearly notice that the AC tyres are made of ice. Whats worse is that u dont have the abundant setup options in AC of the aforementioned games that allow you to create some front down force to see if this understeering and unrecoverable oversteer can be fixed. I hate understeering at low speed to hear tyres screeching and then when you try correct the understeer you end up with oversteer that wont stop until the car has completely crashed. In RFactor and Automobilista when a car understeers you can catch it and u see the body roll as the car regains traction in the front, and if the car oversteers you feel it through the FFB and you can correct it, you really have to screw a corner up to go into an uncontrollable spin. Thats how it is on the track too, yes i may only race a 2.0 turbo on the track but it gives u good indication of how a car handles

• Agree Agree x 5