Front tire grip, and steering sharper turns, terrible???

I like the most things in ac, but I dont like the grip of the front tiers on the cars, it only goes straigt forward in the sharper turns whene i dont drift, and just driving arount, and the resonse to steering is terrible!
I play, Richard burns rally. Dirt rally, Dirt 3, Grid Autosport, Automobilista, Need for speed shift, Next car game "Wrechfest" Sebastien loab rally, Wrc 4-6, Flatout Uc.
And have never feelt something near Ac. I only want to use ac to drift, so is it some mod out there that fixes the bad response to steering in turns? I play on pc with Logitech g27.
Ore mod that makes better grip in front tire?
I want to play the game, it is so many drift tracks and cars to download.
Plz help!

How is your input lag? A high lag can result in a very disconnected and understeery feeling. Is your frame rate ok? What kind of monitor do you use? Also try a Steam integrity check.

Also what kind of cars did you try? Road, race or some of the specific drift versions? With road cars you can often aid reactivity by adding some negative front camber, and toe out.

I like the most things in ac, but I dont like the grip of the front tiers on the cars, it only goes straigt forward in the sharper turns whene i dont drift, and just driving arount, and the resonse to steering is terrible!
I play, Richard burns rally. Dirt rally, Dirt 3, Grid Autosport, Automobilista, Need for speed shift, Next car game "Wrechfest" Sebastien loab rally, Wrc 4-6, Flatout Uc.
And have never feelt something near Ac. I only want to use ac to drift, so is it some mod out there that fixes the bad response to steering in turns? I play on pc with Logitech g27.
Ore mod that makes better grip in front tire?
I want to play the game, it is so many drift tracks and cars to download.
Plz help!

Buy t300...Problem solved

I'll tell you the same here as I did over on the steam forums...that the handling/physics of the cars in AC is miles better than any of the other 'games' you keep quoting...if you want arcade type physics then play your other games.
Regards

It's probably worth mentioning that car setup can also make a world of difference. AC has helpful tooltips explaining what every setting does and how it affects the handling. Give it a try!

Sorry to hijack the convo...I'm old and dim witted and not sure how to private message...but Ross...are you in the UK or somewhere around GMT? (europe)...I ask because you seem to be roughly where I am in my eRacing career...I thought perhaps we could meet up on the track sometime?...and also...anyone who likes decent rock music is always a plus...so few of us left and you look quite young so to go0 against this horrible influx of pop music has only got to be good.
Regards mate

Sorry to hijack the convo...I'm old and dim witted and not sure how to private message

Click on his avatar image at the top of his post and you'll see this pop up, click on Start Conversation. :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 2.46.25 PM.png

Cheers mate....many thanks :)
and apologies for being old and slow @)
My two teenage kids say Im crap at games...but I still remain undefeated champion in this house for AC and DOOM :)
Regards

See.....friendly moderators...erm...staff members

That is the exact reason I wanted to join this community

I dont drive to fast, thats not the problem. I want tips on mods for handling, steering, tire grip. Plz
but you go skidding off at every bend?....remind me to be behind you in the grid :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy t300...Problem solved
not true i have a OSW and i agree with David when turning your wheel it has a strange behaviour / feeling like its square at certain point and that has nothing to do with going to fast drive slow and turn and it has the same , i wasnt a AC fan but i must say its making progress but that steering is despite it can be in real also only here its too and i agree with David it has to be fine tuned more by Kunos.

If you own RFactor 2 and Automobilista, then compare the physics to AC you will clearly notice that the AC tyres are made of ice. Whats worse is that u dont have the abundant setup options in AC of the aforementioned games that allow you to create some front down force to see if this understeering and unrecoverable oversteer can be fixed. I hate understeering at low speed to hear tyres screeching and then when you try correct the understeer you end up with oversteer that wont stop until the car has completely crashed. In RFactor and Automobilista when a car understeers you can catch it and u see the body roll as the car regains traction in the front, and if the car oversteers you feel it through the FFB and you can correct it, you really have to screw a corner up to go into an uncontrollable spin. Thats how it is on the track too, yes i may only race a 2.0 turbo on the track but it gives u good indication of how a car handles

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back