AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Nurburgring GP - Fri 30/06/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There are two versions, one which I use, you have to put ( I think a "dll" file somewhere.)
The latest version does it with a command at the bottom of the head motion screen.
I really do not use it often, but on some circuits it is a god send.

If you have already done the above :-

Rasmus will help you if you PM him, he explains thing really well.

Question 1. I do not use 3D_map so someone else can help you there ( at least I don't think I do ):thumbsdown:
Question 2. I have never seen the advantage in that whilst driving, always use inside car, fixed camera.
Only during replays do I refere to external cameras. May be be possible. I would not know.:)

Found this, may be of some use. Not something that would interest me so I cannot personally comment. :)

F5 camera follows the selected car and can be moved freely using WASD and mouse (with left or right click held down...I forget which and annoyingly the other mouse click makes the sound go funny until you exit and restart session.)

F7 camera is a static camera that doesn't follow the car and can be moved freely using up,down,left,right arrows and holding the mouse button and moving the mouse.

For F5 and F7 cameras to work correctly you change:

E.g

C>program files>Steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa>system>cfg>assetto corsa.ini>allow_free_camera=1
&
C>program files>Steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa>system>cfg>camera_onboard_free>spherical_coords=0

Note:
You can change the speed at which the cameras move by holding shift or ctrl whilst moving the camera around.

The F5 camera will have blur if you skip to it from track side cameras so if you are currently using F3 track side cameras and skip to F5 there will be blur on close up objects. If you skip to F5 camera from F1 or F6 cameras there wil be no blur.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.