AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Highlands - FRI 23/06/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I advise all drivers to have this App
Version 0.6 Apr 3, 2016

Click ME for direct link

title_small-jpg.81406

Installation
Download the the zip file attached to this post. Extract/unzip the content to your assettocorsa directory, e.g. in Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa
The content will extract itself to app\python\helicorsa (for the app) and content\gui\icons (for the icons).
You can overwrite older version without problem.

Now start assetto corsa and enable the 'helicorsa' app in the settings/general:
upload_2015-2-3_23-49-14-png.81413

Then start a session. Once you sit in the cockpit, move the mouse to the right in order to show the app sidebar. Scroll down until you find this symbol
upload_2015-2-3_1-5-38-png.81414

and click it. You will notice a window will show up, drag it wherever you want to start out. You will notice it will vanish after 5 seconds (you can still drag it). If you have problems to find it, just hide and re-show the app via the sidebar.
It will remain completly unvisible until you are moving, and there's a nearby car (also moving) - short: it will only be there if needed.

Hint: If it doesn't vanish after you moved the window around, re-open it again. It won't do this next time you start the game.

If your still unsure please see our instruction video or give me a shout.
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

if you look at the OP all the info is in there for each race
Fixed Setup: Yes (with adjustable tire pressure and fuel )
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC
Jump Start: = teleport to pits
Yup, I checked that before posting, but that doesn't say what the locked bits are locked to :p
How about this version:
Fixed Setup: Yes (default setup, with adjustable tire pressure and fuel )

if the set up was anything other than default it would be posted, so all could download load it and get used to it..
but as Setups are a personal thing, so what suits one may not suit another, so there is no favoritism, its always default as in what the game provides. :)

if the set up was anything other than default it would be posted, so all could download load it and get used to it..
but as Setups are a personal thing, so what suits one may not suit another, so there is no favoritism, its always default as in what the game provides. :)
Maybe it would be a idea for the future that for "special events" one of the better drivers does a "good setup for the track" and writes a little text about it that gets posted in the opening post of the thread.
Like "friendly event: custom setup day" and the one driver gets the used track via pm.
I don't want that for next week! Just a little idea that inspires the staff members :inlove:

Was having doubts about 6th gear, so I just did some analysis of a bit of telemetry. Turns out 6th gear isn't useful for very much at all in the MX5 Cup, with the possible exception of going down steep hills :D or maybe saving fuel (though I didn't check fuel consumption!). I suspect the hills on this track aren't big enough to make it worth shifting...

Was having doubts about 6th gear, so I just did some analysis of a bit of telemetry. Turns out 6th gear isn't useful for very much at all in the MX5 Cup, with the possible exception of going down steep hills :D or maybe saving fuel (though I didn't check fuel consumption!). I suspect the hills on this track aren't big enough to make it worth shifting...

Not tried the car track combo but I reckon it's gonna be very flat out a lot of the track, want as much pulling power as possible other than maybe the downhill as you say, I hope these are as fun as the TTs were to drive around here, I fear it's gonna be harder since these are not at all planted in comparison

Not tried the car track combo but I reckon it's gonna be very flat out a lot of the track, want as much pulling power as possible other than maybe the downhill as you say, I hope these are as fun as the TTs were to drive around here, I fear it's gonna be harder since these are not at all planted in comparison
Well, after a twitchy couple of laps getting used to how different it is from the TT (haven't driven the MX5 for a while), I was a wee bit disappointed to realise that a whole bunch of corners that needed care to get the right entry speed in the TT are just flat in the MX5... (Teensy bit nervy, but flat.) They might get a lot more interesting in traffic, with worn tyres of course.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back