Frame Rate

Hi all,

just wanted to get a few benchmarks for FPS.

Wolfdale 3.33 @ 4.01 Ghz
2Gb DDR3 1.6 Ghz
4870 512Mb DDR5
2x 250Gb Raid
P45 Asus Deluxe
onboard 8 channel sound
XP SP3
8.10 Cats

I get some dodgy frame issues when going round corners. Like days of old when GFx cards couldnt render anything other that in a straight line!

Is this an issue with the GTRe engine?

I tried to fit my old soundblaster sound card but my computer didn't even recognise it.

It dawned on me though, if the sounds are taking up too much CPU power from the proccessors then couldn't I just turn down the number of simultaneous sounds. I turned it down from 16 (stuttering) down to 8 (no sound difference) and is now running perfectly fine with 100 fps and on ultra graphics settings.

SWEEET
ok sounds interesting .where do i find this ? the setting from 16 down to 8 ???

• FelipeFan

I found it in the .PLR file in the USER DATA folder.

It's pretty much the same as rfactor which you can open with notepad or wordpad!

I have a similar system just less power:
E6600
Asus P5Q-E (P45 based)
ATI 3870

Using onboard sound, I have never measured my FPS, but I do not see stuttering. I have smaler 'hick-ups' when I enter time attack, I have an effect that I see object in far distance being drawn (but that effect got significantly better after I increased my view distance to max, I think 150%). But nothing that I think is worth further tweaking.

• FelipeFan

I've tried what you just suggested by changing the draw distance but won't be able to try it out till after the Grand Prix this afternoon. God I hate having to do college work!! ARGH. lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back