1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Frame Rate

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jim McGhee, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Hi all,

just wanted to get a few benchmarks for FPS.

Wolfdale 3.33 @ 4.01 Ghz
    2Gb DDR3 1.6 Ghz
    4870 512Mb DDR5
    2x 250Gb Raid
    P45 Asus Deluxe
    onboard 8 channel sound
    XP SP3
    8.10 Cats

I get some dodgy frame issues when going round corners. Like days of old when GFx cards couldnt render anything other that in a straight line!

Is this an issue with the GTRe engine?

2. I beleieve this is the same problem I've got.

Is it only really in race conditions and when on a practice day it is okay?? Cause if so that's the same as mine.

I just bought a Nvidia 9500 GT graphics card and it changed nothing. However, in rFactor it has changed the stuttering completely so it leads me to belive it's just a bug with GTRe.

I'm just playing on rFactor at the moment until Simbin briongs out a new fix for this bug as it has made the game unplayable for me and GAME have told me I can't bring it back!! ARGH

3. Can you post your pc-specs FelipeFan?

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

5. mulberrycrush, I can't imagine it's a problem with your computer as it's definitely capable, but seeing as how mine doesn't get the frame rate issues like you, perhaps something is conflicting? I don't know much about ATI/AMD graphics cards, but are those the latest drivers? Have you tried earlier ones? What about backgorund programs running?

to give you a comparison, i'm running:

X2 6400+ @ 3.5GHz
    2Gb DDR2
    GTX260 SSC
    XP SP3

I have V-Sync on, so my frames are never above 60, but never below 55 or so

6. Hi all,

thanks for the responses.

FelipeFan - it does seem more in races than practice and I am pretty sure it happens with AI race as well as online.

Matt - do you notice any jerkiness at all when driving round corners?

7. Humm... I am running with a Nvidia 9800GTX with 1920x1080 @60hz and everything is very smooth. Have you changed any of your visual options? I have everything cracked up to the max.

8. Eric - that could be it. I neve max my settings and this could be an old engine bug that affects some games. I will max out and see if the card handles it better.

One thing though, do you use driver or game settings?

9. I tried both. Didnt see much of a difference. So I am sticking with the game settings (oops this was Eric... I am using my brother's laptop.. sorry).

10. ok cool, I am at work but just downloaded the STCC so I will be on tonight. :)

will have a go at both settings.

Anyone else have an ATI card?

11. No I don't. One thing I have noticed since the update, however, is when I look behind me, it is very jerky..which is very bothersome, but not a problem I can fix.

I also have my game settings maxed like Eric

12. ok cheers, I might try and fraps its and upload to you tube.

13. When you are in main menu press Alt+Tab to drop to desktop and then press Alt+Tab again to get back in the game. This "trick" increase my framerate almost 20 frames/second according to Fraps.
    I have Ati 4850 and Mid-Ohio´s first corner is the place where I have had some minor stuttering.

peace
    Jari

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

try changing the affinity to your other core.

15. How do I do that? Via the console?

Jari Vinnari - I thought that was just an Nvidia trick. I do alt tab quite a bit, but I will try again.

16. no, he wants u to assign the game to a core. i dont think it will help u much in this case.

17. ok, I like t sound of this, I will have a go later (at work at the mo)

18. just go to the game options and crank up all the settings... also max out anti aliasing and turn on vsync.

i am willing to bet u that none of ur cpus is at max utilization.

19. will that automatically assign another core?

20. this game is single threaded... so it only uses one core. unless u have a zillion apps running while playing then u should be fine...