FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 Demo to Land September 19th

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 Demo Announcement.png

Turn 10 Studios have confirmed the demo for Forza Motorsport 7 will release this September 19th.

In something of a rare move in modern gaming, Turn 10 Studios will be releasing a demo for Forza 7 ahead of game launch, with Xbox One and PC players due to have access to free limited content demo build as early as this September 19th.

Available for both platforms supporting the latest Forza title, the demo version of Forza Motorsport 7 will contain three circuits, three vehicles and a sample of the dynamic weather conditions set to make a prominent appearance in the latest release to this popular franchise.

On the vehicle front the demo will contain the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, Mercedes-Benz Tankpool truck and Nissan Nismo GT-R LM. The three very different vehicles will each be playable on specific circuits, with the Porsche drivable on the new for Forza 7 Jebel Hafeet Pass in Dubai. Italian permanent race circuit Mugello will play host to the massive Mercedes truck, and the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit will feature the Nissan GT-R LM, also benefiting from weather treatment and having "dynamic" atmospheric effects enabled, allowing the player to race "through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other – where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain".

It has also been confirmed that the demo will feature a range of adjustable game assists, as well as a very useful benchmarking tool to allow PC players the opportunity to test the performance of their various machines before committing to purchasing the full game on release day on October 3rd.

To help get you in the mood for Forza Motorsport 7, check out the new official game commercial below:

Forza Motorsport 7 will release for Xbox One, Xbox One S and Windows 10 PC this October 3rd.

For more Forza Motorsport 7 related news and chat head over to the Forza 7 sub forum and get yourself involved with the community today.

Looking forward to Forza Motorsport 7? Which is your preferred platform, W10 PC or Xbox One? Do you like the idea of a demo before the game releases? Let us know in the comments section below!

I just tried it with wheel (G27) doesn't feel good on wheel sadly. Weird sensation of ffb.

Honestly with controller it could be fun game.

The graphics are incredible just speechless.

Engine is also soo optimized can run at amazing frame rate with everything turned up to max almost.

I am so jealous of the graphics though.

Can't even imagine how incredible it would be with physics of rFactor 2 or AC underneath it.

Crappy engine sounds ? You sure you are in the right thread ?

No doubt some will show such comparisons on YT but from videos I have watched of GT Sport or PCARS2 , seems FM7 has superb quality of audio. This is not to say some effects will not be overused, overdone (like exhaust noises) but one thing I did notice is that with this......

Audio positioning and directionality are very good, improvements over FM6 for crashes/bangs and other sounds. Certainly look forward to trying the demo more.

Is anyone else struggling with microstutters? I've got a 1080ti and a Ryzen 7 1700.

Yes, lots of performance issues with the demo for me too on the PC (similar system I73770K & 1080ti). Also, some odd issues with wheel detection, detect my TX458 on loading then assigns it as a custom controller in the options.

The demo runs perfectly in terms of performance on the Xbox One S so it looks like PC optimisation issues. FH3 holds a solid Ultra 4K 60fps on the same PC so let's see what the final game runs like.

It`s a pain in the ass to set up your wheel as you have to leave the race everytime you want to change something. But after fiddling around with is for 15 minutes i`d say the FFB on my g25 is rather good. I`ve only done the wet GT3 race so far, in which i could feel a very clear difference between the racing line and puddles of water, and understeer/oversteer presented trough the ffb in a very clear and natural way.

I changed the vibration slider to 50%, set the damper and centering spring to 0 and changed the steering deadzone value of 1 to 0 which completely changed the whole feeling of the FFB for me and made it rather close to the current sims we have now.

i`d say the FFB on my g25 is rather good. I`ve only done the wet GT3 race so far, in which i could feel a very clear difference between the racing line and puddles of water, and understeer/oversteer presented trough the ffb in a very clear and natural way.

The Nissan GT3 and the racing truck are both pretty good in terms of feedback and feel and I'm using similar 50% settings on the TX458. Try the Porsche...it is shocking.

Graphics are great.
The feel of the road/car not great, I didn't feel the road in the ffb.
You can see in the menu's it's build for the xbox/controller. It was also lagging in the menu so selecting options was a battle.
In default settings my Fanatec wheel was clipping (probably it can be fixed) but it just didn't feel right. I also had a delay in steering.

So you probably have a great time playing it on a X-Box but on the pc it's not my cup of tea.
Deinstalling the demo....

That's nice. Now go back to that commercial and then take a recording of those same cars in the game and tell me they sound even remotely similar.

Look quite simply can you state what games companies do not use alternative audio in commercials? I don't think people are debating that happening with FM or other titles. What I put to you, however, is if you want to compare sounds in the actual FM7 Demo with or compared to other titles in any way that is relevant please feel welcome to share such videos. Nissan GTR from different titles perhaps?

From what we have thus far, it seems FM7 audio is a step above FM6 before making comparisons to other titles. Yet what is it with the audio that is your issue exactly?

Man this was anticlimactic. I was so hyped for this game only to be royally disappointed. But thank god they released a demo so i didn't waste my money. I cant even drive the cars. I know i suck but geez. The snapback oversteer is insane. What are you guys do for setting up a tx/t300 to get it at least driveable?

I'm also experiencing some stuttering issues (i7-7700, 1070gtx) but I'm not really worried about that. When Forza Horizon 3 was released a year ago, the performance was also really terrible in the beginning until some patches fixed that. I was seriously considering asking for a refund but I'm glad I didn't. FH3 is still one of my favourite games although it's clearly not a hardcore sim.

I'm confident that they'll get things sorted with FM7 as well. I'm just glad we'll finally have a Gran Turismo style game on the pc with lots and lots of cars, so I preordered the Ultimate Edition :thumbsup:

Just played the demo and the handling/physics are pretty good with assists turned off i actually found it really hard. It also runs good on just my gtx 970 but i do have one problem with the game. There is a 1 second input delay when i turn my wheel, using my Fanatec CSR, is there a way to fix this?

Tried it today and I tried all camera views and have to say what on earth have they done with exterior view?!! The camera now tilts when cornering like it does in crappy need for speed games. Why?! Ruins it. And honestly don’t see the point of the second cockpit view where you can see just the dials.

Also that Porsche understeers like something you’d push round the supermarket.

Tried it today and I tried all camera views and have to say what on earth have they done with exterior view?!! The camera now tilts when cornering like it does in crappy need for speed games. Why?! Ruins it. And honestly don’t see the point of the second cockpit view where you can see just the dials.

Also that Porsche understeers like something you’d push round the supermarket.
you can disable that it the hud options

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back