FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 Demo to Land September 19th

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 Demo Announcement.png

Turn 10 Studios have confirmed the demo for Forza Motorsport 7 will release this September 19th.

In something of a rare move in modern gaming, Turn 10 Studios will be releasing a demo for Forza 7 ahead of game launch, with Xbox One and PC players due to have access to free limited content demo build as early as this September 19th.

Available for both platforms supporting the latest Forza title, the demo version of Forza Motorsport 7 will contain three circuits, three vehicles and a sample of the dynamic weather conditions set to make a prominent appearance in the latest release to this popular franchise.

On the vehicle front the demo will contain the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, Mercedes-Benz Tankpool truck and Nissan Nismo GT-R LM. The three very different vehicles will each be playable on specific circuits, with the Porsche drivable on the new for Forza 7 Jebel Hafeet Pass in Dubai. Italian permanent race circuit Mugello will play host to the massive Mercedes truck, and the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit will feature the Nissan GT-R LM, also benefiting from weather treatment and having "dynamic" atmospheric effects enabled, allowing the player to race "through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other – where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain".

It has also been confirmed that the demo will feature a range of adjustable game assists, as well as a very useful benchmarking tool to allow PC players the opportunity to test the performance of their various machines before committing to purchasing the full game on release day on October 3rd.

To help get you in the mood for Forza Motorsport 7, check out the new official game commercial below:

Forza Motorsport 7 will release for Xbox One, Xbox One S and Windows 10 PC this October 3rd.

For more Forza Motorsport 7 related news and chat head over to the Forza 7 sub forum and get yourself involved with the community today.

Looking forward to Forza Motorsport 7? Which is your preferred platform, W10 PC or Xbox One? Do you like the idea of a demo before the game releases? Let us know in the comments section below!

Had some stuttering issues and a couple of crashes on my year old i7 6700k @4.6Ghz with GTX 1070
Agree that this will be fixed and no doubt Nvidia drivers optimised for the title will appear when released.

On controller, for me this is very enjoyable for a Forza title, requires skill yet quite a bit of fun and the AI seem more challenging. I agree it's great to see this title coming to PC.

I tired it on my tactile and have to say what they have done with the audio is take some big steps.
Settings allow for the bang/crash to be altered on their own, so those with transducers can now really feel kerbs, walls and impacts with other cars to a level Id say from audio tactile perspective is better than any racing title I've played.

Some of the sounds are so much better than FM6 (tyre squeal) and I have no issues with the engine sound of the players car.

What is annoying from an audio perspective though is those blasted confetti cannons and some other effects we just cannot turn them down at all. Also the AI cars volume even when at max is too low, I want them to be stronger.

Dolby Atmos on headphones is fantastic for the games 3D audio positioning. The helicopter, the wiper in the rain you can sense their positioning really well. Just like other cars it really had me grinning ear-ear with how effective it was.

From the demo Id say personally Im more than happy in what it delivers as to what I would expect.
Steering wheels may indeed require more work to feel more enjoyable reading what some are saying.

First, yes, it is that bad.

Secondly, the entire point of my post was that the sounds in the commercial are nowhere near what they are in the game and this certainly isn't the first time they have masked the sound.

I've down loaded the demo (PC) and done the 3 races with an Xbone controller and quite enjoyed it. I used the controller as that's how I play this game. I approach it a game and bit of fun not as a sim because Forza. I think might buy myself the game as Christmas pressie for myself instead of the usual bottle of Malt Whisky.

Sound was fine but nothing special, graphics pretty enough and it all ran very well.

In summation it's Forza, it'll outsell every sim combined and be enjoyed as a game so business as usual .

Dear real simmers measure it as a console game and don't try to compare it to the imaginary sim in your head as you'll only end up looking silly... again ;)

The only thing i saw promised for the PC is that you could run it on windows 10 and you can . It's the 7th edition of Forza , by now you should know what to expect.

Not true at all.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/544423/FFB+options+on+Forza+7+wheel+users+are+going+to+flip+a+lid/

This is my favorite quote of all: "But on top of that we had one of our physics engineers actually dedicated to really tuning that wheel, we had race car drivers come in, Tanner Foust comes in all the time, we've got other guest race car drivers, they come in and they really help us dialling the force feedback on all devices, Xbox One as well. The amount of options you have as a wheel user has dramatically increased, it's much more in line to what you would expect of a PC racing game. So I think our wheel users are going to be overjoyed".

There are other articles you can find from E3 where they brag about bringing in a Guitar Hero controller to play the game. Maybe they should have focused less on the Guitar Hero and more on actual wheels.

Ok. Hands up who really thought Forza 7 was going to be an actual sim ?

Despite 6 previous editions with pretty much the same marketing guff are people so gullible that this time it's going to rival ( your game here) ?

It's Forza and Turn Ten , you know what they sell , you know its not going to be the most real simulator ever because its not that they do. The make and sell a popular driving game that way more people will buy and enjoy than any actual nerdy sim that we love to fuss over.

I'll probably buy it at some point this year and have a giggle with a game pad. When I want to be challenged by a simulation then I'll set up the wheel and pedals then fire up Assetto Corsa ... mostly because I own that one.

As an aside you will be a much happier and rounded person when you realise that marketing guff is just that - guff. It's not a promise, never was and never will be.

Oh dear,,,,,, sure lets all just goto the i-racing or other proper sim forum section who needs this Forza guff. Oh but damn who else wants to moan some more and pick at things? :confused:

Warning the following text contains sarcasm.....
This is not aimed at any individual but to those with misconceived perceptions.

How dare they, those Microsoft swines bring Forza to the PC and allow users who maybe purchased it on console also play it free on PC (or vice versa). To be able to continue games saves on either platform, to have cross play operate between console and PC users and offer the millions of active Forza players improvements in 4K HDR visuals, Dolby Atmos audio and game mechanics built around the Forza gameplay characteristics many are accustomed to.

What nerve of them, to then want to offer PC users compatibility for many wheels that isn't even possible on the console. Do they not realize as consumers with a voice to be heard on the interwebs, we demand all these peripherals work with 100% compatibility in the freely prepared demo. None of your excuses Turn 10 that this, is based on code of the game from June. This is, is it not the E3 demo basically yes/no? Regardless it is not acceptable as the "Sim Community" we are being used to Sims on PC and we demand utter perfection.

Who are they to pollute our PCs with this console tosh, bring down the seriousness that is Sim Racing and try to steer PC players to accept such arcade or fun within a racing game, for it to be deemed entertaining and to mingle with that console crowd of gamers. Do they not realize at Microsoft and T10 that oil and water do not mix! ;)

While I jest, in seriousness though, thankfully some of us see it and expect it to be what it is.

Last edited:
Why are people making stuff up? I don't see a single post here saying they thought Forza was going to be completely remade into a sim. It was quite obvious from the start that Turn 10's total focus on this game was the presentation as a flagship title for the XBox One X.

Giving us "compatibility" with wheels, however, I would expect should come with at least some degree of FUNCTIONALITY with said wheels. It did not. That's MY problem.

Your problem sir, is that you fail to seemingly offer anything positive to what is a rather special moment in seeing this franchise finally being made available on the PC platform. To have it compatible with the console owners/players. Yet with hardware advantages, the PC platform can bring.

This is not the full game, its a demo from June, please take that into consideration.
We do not know if this includes all the latest fixes/drivers for wheel users for many different products?
I would expect however T10 will be working with the manufacturers of such products and the community to correct or improve their functionality. I also expect to see the community rather than just whinge and moan about seek to find optimal settings for specific wheels (already happening with this demo).

However let's wait at least to the full release before being so critical in our opinions and indeed even after it does some improvements/patches may be needed for specific products.

We certainly did not see perfection with controllers if we look back to the original P Cars release and whats worse it was a buggy mess with many issues in the actual game.

Im not saying we as a community turn a blind eye to faults or issues the game indeed will have.

But that's the problem, dude.

This is a demo. An example of how the full game will work at launch. This example has nothing positive going for it on the PC other than graphics. So, I can look at my driving game, but I can't play it?

I realize that this is likely the same demo they showed at E3, but explain how this reflects positively with Microsoft? They couldn't put any effort into improving said demo? None of the latest code that improves the wheel's feel at all? You say wait until the full game, but they've had 3 MONTHS to work on this. What good is another week going to do? If that were the case, what they should have done was release the demo after E3 and spend the next 3 months pushing improvements out to people. More like an alpha test than a demo. This way, we could have seen the improvements as they happened.

Because of my poor impression of the demo, I will not be purchasing the full version. When you say let's wait, wait for what? My impression was so poor due to what Microsoft put out there, I am not putting $60 of my hard earned money into a game I have been shown is horribly broken on the wheel. Would they improve it? Who knows. Because of the fact that I can't try it ahead of time to be sure, I can never trust it enough to take a bet, spend $60 and try again.

Well perhaps its good you won't be purchasing the game, then you won't be dissatisfied in wasting your money. So this free demo you criticise and again moan about not being how you want it, may have saved you some money.

If you had more patience, then the wise thing to do would be to sit on the fence and await owners opinions with the wheels on the full release. Or a response from T10 on the situation if indeed some wheels may need further patches.

The demo is great with a controller and many just accept that FM7 is not going to be as good on a wheel as other specific sims are. Here lies perhaps part of your problem as for many, the wheel support may still be very playable or even enjoyable even if it's not i-racing, Assetto Corsa etc.

Your whole view of the title appears to be tainted with " PC Racing Sim Tinted Glasses."

Try the, it's a fun game MINDSET perhaps?

Perhaps you should go back a few posts of mine and read me talking about how much I have enjoyed Forza up until this point before you judge me thinking I am criticizing the game because it is not a sim.

I am criticizing the demo because it is deserved after how poor the wheel functioned on it after everything Turn 10 has done to hype it up to this point. I believe I have made that very clear.

Is there a particular reason why only positive feedback is allowed on these boards? I see it as doing a favor to those on the fence about picking this up if I can tell them ahead of time just how bad my experience was.

You clearly prefer to moan than offer positive comments it seems, are you taking this too seriously. :)
Its a free Demo based on E3 Demo

I tired to advise you to just perhaps wait and see what the feedback is regards the full release.
Linked a video to highlight to you that some do not expect the wheel/immersion or feedback to be well all that great. Yet they can still enjoy the title with a controller if they prefer as really it's not a proper simulation with cars having sim-like physics to what perhaps other PC sims offer.

Yet why should the wheel support on the full release be any worse than previous Forza? So many people will not have an issue I presume with the steering. The problem I see in some places is the expectation because its now on PC it should or will need to have PC Sim level of control/immersion/feedback from the wheel.

The choice is yours what you do friend to buy it or not.

If you test drive a vehicle, do you take one out with 3 wheels and then get told by the salesman that you are sure to love it much better when all 4 wheels are on it? Of course not, that's ridiculous.

I've already made several constructive comments about the demo, again, such as releasing it right after E3 weekend so everybody can shake it down and Turn 10 can update it over time up to release date so we can see the improvements. Instead, they chose to release something that was several months old without touching it at all. In addition, they have had since the days of Forza Apex and Horizon 3 to work on the wheel feeling and this was the best they could do by E3.

For some reason you seem fixated on just going after me rather than addressing points like above. Sorry that I don't like your game, but there is no doubt that as far as a demo goes for a racing *GAME* on the PC using a wheel, this is a horrible experience.

Dude your boring me to tears with this.
Can we just drop it and move on, lets agree to disagree.

Its a game, its just stuff, like it, buy it, maybe enjoy it or maybe not the choice is yours.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%