FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - Coming To Windows 10

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza 6.png

Forza Motorsport, Microsoft's long time Xbox exclusive sim racing series is about to make its way over to PC gaming in an attempt expand Windows 10 gaming repertoire.

Rumours of the arrival of Forza on PC had been floating around the internet for the last few weeks, however Microsoft confirmed that the re-titled 'Forza Motorsport 6: Apex' will be arriving on Windows 10 this spring.

This will mark the first time that Forza has stepped away from Microsoft's console range, however it is certainly questionable how well Forza would fair against the wider range of racing simulators that PC already has at it's disposal. Add to that the fact that the Windows 10 version will be released as a slimmed down, freeware gaming experience, it's unlikely to make a huge drop in the ocean. While some rumors contest that the game will lack wheel support on launch, we have so far been unable to reach Microsoft for confirmation.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will feature 20 different tracks across six locations including Brands Hatch, Spa Francorchamps, Yas Marina, Sebring International Raceway, the Top Gear Test Track and Rio de Janeiro, with night and wet-weather variants also being included. However, there is no word as to how large the range of cars available will be.

Apex also includes a new objective and scoring system, challenging players to compare their scores with friends, as well as introducing a slightly altered career mode known as the 'Showcase Tour', which will feature 12 events.

Certainly those who enjoy the series might have hoped for a straight console to PC port. However confirmation that all future Xbox One releases will also be released on PC will give players hope that they will receive the full Forza experience on the release of Forza Motorsport 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it! I have been hoping for years for Forza on PC, years... Now with AC around; and for Windows 10? No, thank you, trade off is just not worth the pain. I do hope it will work on Windows 7, but if not, I don't think I will miss much, after all it is not a simulator, the thing I found most appealing about Forza if variety of cars.

Kunos to the rescue, with 1.5 and new cars, as well as future DLC's, I think, I will live.

w/ or w/o wheel support I would be cautious. This will probably be pushed ONLY on Windows Store. As the case with Quantum Break, see the issues people are having with such ports. "...Windows Store version were disappointed to find a host of limitations, including not being able to turn v-sync off, no SLI or Crossfire support, and no .exe file that can be loaded into Steam for use with its overlays or Big Picture mode."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...-like-restrictions-on-windows-store-pc-games/

With no wheel support, what is the point of featuring it on a sim racing website. This just becomes another generic arcade racing game, so leave this disappointing news to PC Gamer or something like that.

I'm actually looking forward to this, even if it looks somewhat limited, as until I'm able to move to a living environment where I can have a wheel setup, this could be a fun light racing game which will be playable with just an Xbox One Controller, as I'm guessing it'll be pretty much optimised to play it with that (I doubt it will be very playable with just a keyboard...)

I would have much preferred to see the full Forza 6 game, though, even at full price. I'm still going to try persevering to play one of the more serious PC racing sims with just a controller as well, though, currently trying to get a usable setup for GTR 2 (mostly for it's Driving School) whilst I ponder which more modern sim to get - probably R3E or Automobilista (only have time for single player), though am unsure which would be more manageable with just a controller (any suggestions?). Eventually I hope to be in a position where I'm able to use a wheel setup, though.

There really doesn't seem to be a full-featured modern PC racing sim currently available with everything in it that games like GTR 2 had, unfortunately, though. If MS released a full version of Forza on PC (and yes, with wheel support), I'm sure it would do very well, especially given all the problems that PCars and Asset Corsa seem to have...

Wow so many ungrateful people... the amount of wining is ridiculous ! How about acknowledging the fact this is a way for them to step a foot in the pool and check out how it works, the interest of people and so on. Pfff adults here really ?

Couldn't agree more. It certainly looks like Turn 10 and MS are probing the future market for Forza series on PC. We should be rooting for this release to be very well received instead of wining about this and that.

I'm ready, anyway. My wallet will complain about microtransactions, but it will have to cope with it regardless.

Wow so many ungrateful people... the amount of wining is ridiculous ! How about acknowledging the fact this is a way for them to step a foot in the pool and check out how it works, the interest of people and so on. Pfff adults here really ?

I wouldn't say "ungrateful", as a paying customer we have the right to criticise the product based on it's limitations. If Microsoft were giving it away as a free gift out of the kindness of their hearts, then I could understand everyone being "ungrateful".

Yes, we are the adults here (most of us, anyway) because we are wanting to spend our hard earned money on a product, and we would like a quality product in return, not a half-arsed attempt at a console port for a AAA title price.

I wouldn't say "ungrateful", as a paying customer we have the right to criticise the product based on it's limitations. If Microsoft were giving it away as a free gift out of the kindness of their hearts, then I could understand everyone being "ungrateful".

Yes, we are the adults here (most of us, anyway) because we are wanting to spend our hard earned money on a product, and we would like a quality product in return, not a half-arsed attempt at a console port for a AAA title price.
It's free ;)

Don't you get it ? it's FREE !

And if it wasn't free, you haven't paid for anything yet so don't give me the "i am a paying customer" speech please.

Good to see an old wish finally come true. Unfortunately too little, too late for me personally. I've moved on.

However an open world racer like Forza Horizon would get my attention. There's no competition in this market for PC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back