FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - Coming To Windows 10

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza 6.png

Forza Motorsport, Microsoft's long time Xbox exclusive sim racing series is about to make its way over to PC gaming in an attempt expand Windows 10 gaming repertoire.

Rumours of the arrival of Forza on PC had been floating around the internet for the last few weeks, however Microsoft confirmed that the re-titled 'Forza Motorsport 6: Apex' will be arriving on Windows 10 this spring.

This will mark the first time that Forza has stepped away from Microsoft's console range, however it is certainly questionable how well Forza would fair against the wider range of racing simulators that PC already has at it's disposal. Add to that the fact that the Windows 10 version will be released as a slimmed down, freeware gaming experience, it's unlikely to make a huge drop in the ocean. While some rumors contest that the game will lack wheel support on launch, we have so far been unable to reach Microsoft for confirmation.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will feature 20 different tracks across six locations including Brands Hatch, Spa Francorchamps, Yas Marina, Sebring International Raceway, the Top Gear Test Track and Rio de Janeiro, with night and wet-weather variants also being included. However, there is no word as to how large the range of cars available will be.

Apex also includes a new objective and scoring system, challenging players to compare their scores with friends, as well as introducing a slightly altered career mode known as the 'Showcase Tour', which will feature 12 events.

Certainly those who enjoy the series might have hoped for a straight console to PC port. However confirmation that all future Xbox One releases will also be released on PC will give players hope that they will receive the full Forza experience on the release of Forza Motorsport 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, 20 iconic tracks sound a good start to me, not sure on the amount of cars, surely more than 50+? Hmmm, that would be more content than a lot of Sims have released already.
I'm looking forward to it, I just upgraded to Windows 10 this week coincidently, took all of 20 minutes and has been no "hassle" so far. If this release works out, perhaps we'll see Forza 7 straight to PC too :O_o:

I used to be a massive forza fan,I still will have a few top 200 times in certain classes and did have a top 100 in the reasonable priced car, Microsoft lost me as the change of proprietary hardware screwed me out of my Fanatec setup I had bought for forza 4,so I never bought the one and my 360 has never been on since forza 5.

But I'm really looking forward to it on my PC and here's hoping they or the hardware devs are allowed to make drivers.

A thought I did have was if it launched without native PC wheel support would the Xbox one compatible wheels work?
Cheers

Microsoft lost me as the change of proprietary hardware screwed me out of my Fanatec setup I had bought for forza 4,so I never bought the one and my 360 has never been on since forza 5.

That is the exact when and why I turned my back on console gaming for good.

As to what wheels will actually be supported on release, if any, is still anybodies guess.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%