FM3 Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza-3-logo.jpg
Anyone have any info on this game? I have looked around but not really found anything about it. Besides Wikipedia.

Autobraking? That sucks!

I don't like the auto rewind

Hate them too. But they don't have to be used :), at least they're there for those that need/want them. Although how you can get any sense of satisfaction out of that I'm not sure. As he said though, some people just like to cruise in a flash car.

And the auto-braking won't be very quick. Just 'safe'.

Turn 10 were teasing everyone with a date for a further announcement and it didn't take a rocket scientist to work out the date coincided with the historic Le Mans 24 Hour endurance race. GoOnline! has reported that this list of cars has been confirmed for Forza 3 due out late October:

Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R10 TDI
Audi #2 FSI Champion Racing R8
Bentley #7 Team Bentley Speed 8
BMW #15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
Cadillac #6 Team Cadillac Northstar LMP-02
Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP
Peugeot #8 Peugeot Sport 908
Peugeot #3 Peugeot Talbot Sport 905 EVO 1C
Porsche #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
Toyota #3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020
Audi #8 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R10 TDI
Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP

Gamersyde has these amazing screenshots of some of the cars mentioned above racing at the Le Mans circuit which will also be modelled in Forza 3. I'm a big fan of the first two games but these shots look stunning.

• Kyle Evers

The term simulation, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. Forza 3 seemed to win over even the toughest of console racing critics like Inside Sim Racing. My only dissapointment was that they were unable to raise the multiplayer limit beyond 8 players.

That's a shame. I am still getting this game regardless. How can you pass up a beautifully modeled game with LMS cars and cockpit views?

• Kyle Evers

The problem I have now is that I don't have a 360 wheel, and they are quite expensive. So I guess it's controller racing for me.

• Tim Ireland

I got a Logitech DriveFX for £25 from play.com, its not "proper force feedback" but for the price I ain't complaining.

I've been watching a few videos of this game, and all I have to say is... WOW!!! These are easily the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game. In one video, it looked like I was watching a real car go down the street. Simply amazing what these people did with the graphics. That, combined with the physics this game is supposed to have, could mean my favorite game of all time.

Even though I'm still really dissappointed by 8 players online. I mean, jeez, that should have been of top priority to improve upon. Turn 10 really dropped the ball there.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.