Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyervee.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VEE
Class: Vintage Formula Vee
Track: Toban Runoffs / Northamptonshire National (both defaults)
Weather: Sunny

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 min)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (10 min)
Warm-up start time: GMT 19.30 (3 min)
Race start time: GMT 19.35 (25 min)

Notes: All 3 models of cars have IDENTICAL performance. There is NO difference between the Bobsy, the Vega or the Wedge.
Notes2: Some alternative downloads: Alt 1 : Alt 2

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Ross McGregor
  4. Dave Stephenson
  5. Neil Tasker
  6. Kris Leeten
  7. Bob Hutchins
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

Nice little cars,did some runs on Birmingham sprint,prety nice to drive...

Yep, these are very light, simple cars - essentially VW Beetle 1200 engine and running gear in an ultra light single seater, virtually nothing to set up.

I've had some great, great fun in these, I remember a couple of birlliant races on B'ham sprint like you say, and Ahvenisto, where the lack of overall power isn't a negative, but a positive boon as everyone stays up nice and tight right through the race.

I will not be able to do that :(

Remember people, they run with lot of camber at the back (Like 3.0°) and not much up front (Like 1.0°)...

And the engine is more precisely based on the 1963 VW Beetle 1200cc Flat 4 :D

Slow race cars? That must be something for me then :) No idea if I can join the server and I presume it won't be up before Friday. I'll have everything installed & running tonight and will try to connect Friday asap and let you know

This event is for next week, remember Kris - the 6th May - but as I've postponed the PnG event until Friday 13th, I can put a test server up tomorrow night if you want?

TBH, the slowness and clean, simple handling of these cars are the whole point. All about the racing :good:

That would be much appreciated. I can't even remember last time I went online with rF (a very bad experience with feeling & graphics, but I want to give it another shot).

I use those from the "Better Force Feedback Tutorial" if it can be of any helps :)

And how can you fall asleep in these !!!!

They are just soooo much fun to drive, and also it is VERY tough to race these competitively as you need to drive them differently than other race cars....

Hint: Drafting... A LOT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back