rF2 Formula Vee @ Toban Runoffs / Northants National - Friday 6th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Incidentally - if anyone will be on TS tonight, go into the "GT Legends" channel, as the rF one will be used for the Porsches

This is a great mod for close racing (as indicated by the epic race-long battle between me and Thommo in race 2) and one mistake can cost you big time. Hopefully more folk will get involved with these things in future events as it would be a shame to see this mod going to waste. Big thumbs up from me!

Race 1: rubbish start- (lack of clutch on my old set of pedals) this was the least of my worries as my XD (or rfactor's version of XD) blocked my view of the track ahead. Switching views remedied this but meant i missed my braking points soon after! Couldn;t quite catch stuart and bob ahead, but bob went off and i was about 1s off stuart when i spun on the big kerb on the outside of the fast downhill right hander. Had another moment on the last lap but stuart romped away and deservedly won.

Race 2: another rubbish start as i wasn't paying attention, but the race was much better. First couple of laps all 5 of us were close together, then Bob spins on lap 2 or 3 leaving me and thommo battling away for the rest of the race. Was really interesting (and clean) and i tried several different lines to try and make a move stick, but thommo wasn;t having any of it. There was some great side-by-side action throughout the race but i just clung on to the finish as thommo made a mistake on the final lap i believe. If that's the kind of racing the forumla Vee's provide then a lot of folks are missing out on a good thing!

Thanks to dave, kris, hans, bob & thommo for the races, and cheers for setting this up stuart.

It doesn't surprise me :)

I'll sure try to be there next time, it will depends if I have school or not... I'm looking forward to it in summer though !

And on top of that, maybe that the new mod with the modern Vee's will come out until then... I see an eventual league coming in, don't you ? :p

First time in the F Vee nice car nice racing, setup not that good but I have to learn the car ,not a big field but very good company !

Race 1, on the start dropped back to desk top,back an start was there bit to late, on the chase to Kris making a little mistake in the slow R hander so was driving a bit on my own,then Kris lost the car in the last corner an I go by ,with 3 laps to go found Bob after he had some trouble but rejoining just in my line, so have to go of an hit the tyre wall lost R front wheel come to a hold but seeing my wheel going on his own to the fin line laughing out loud,some body must have heard me (my wife did ) .

Rave 2 was a you,constant racing with Dave,making mistakes an passings with a constant smile on my face,
thanks Dave very entertaining:)

Looking forward to the next race, hoping on some more people it's worth it !!!

Thanks Stuart, an the guys who where there....

Nice to see these little fellas back again :good:

The Race 1 win for me was probably more of a "made less mistakes" rather than "drove faster times", but they all count :D

Race2 was simply immense with old Rossco, great stuff there. Nip & Tuck across what felt like a thousand years :good:

I had a lot of fun driving this mod. Even though I spun in both races driving the wheel nuts off the car was great. I for one have no probs racing these again as they make for very close racing.

thx to Thommo for bring these out & wd to all that showed.

Race2 was simply immense with old Rossco, great stuff there. Nip & Tuck across what felt like a thousand years :good:

It was funny as it didn't seem to matter which line either of us took, the cars would still be welded together on the corner exit!

30 of these things round Thruxton would certainly be something to behold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back