1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Formula RaceRoom Junior RELEASED

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula RaceRoom Jnr.jpg
    RaceRoom Racing Experience developers Sector3 Studios have released a nice preview video of the upcoming Formula RaceRoom Junior, a low powered open wheel race car based on the popular Formula Ford entry level racer.

EDIT: Formula RaceRoom Junior is now available to purchase in store for RaceRoom Racing Experience (14.4.16)!

Sector3 have recently taken the open wheel route with a release of a GP2 spec high performance Formula RaceRoom 2 series car and this latest single seater to find a home in the sim is another step towards creating a development ladder all the way from entry level open wheel competition right to the pinnacle of high performance single seater racing.

With the new Formula RaceRoom Junior very close to release and the incoming F4 Tatuus already showing signs of progress Sector3 continue to expand the scope of R3E from its traditional tin top focused content to a wider spread of the racing spectrum.

The Formula RaceRoom Junior will feature a 4 speed manual transmission hooked up to a 1.8 litre 145hp engine for a low power wheel to wheel racing experience.

No release date for this new car has been set but players of the sim can expect it to arrive in store very soon...

Formula RaceRoom Junior Preview Video:

Have a look at our epic RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club for loads of fun racing in packed grids against friendly guys of all different skill levels.

RaceDepartment also has our very own RaceRoom Racing Experience forum will all the latest news, discussions and setups to download and try. Head on over and take a look what other sim racers are saying about the sim.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This car will make from some awesome online racing. Finally a developer that brings a Formula Ford to a sim.

Think the new Driver Academy car is found :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Rodent

Premium Member

Thought I was going to be giving this one a miss since I don't actually drive the FR2 all that much but hot damn does that look fun. Gimmie.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Metalogic

Premium Member

Good for newbies like me to learn the ropes, really looking forward to this!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. xnorb

Premium Member

A Formula Vee / Skip Barber ish car?
    Great addition!
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Bert Austen

Bert Austen
    Pedal tho the metal Men Premium Member

Boring ,I will definitely not buy that and Tatuus does not add much , whe have already a open wheel class :(
    • Sad Sad x 3
  7. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Premium Member

The thing is The "Boring" cars are the ones that we have the most fun in at the Race department club events http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/r3e-racing-club-leagues.15.
    They provide closer racing,leveling the field a bit,which is more fun than driving mid pack on your own for half an hour in a "fast" car.We all have different tastes though.
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Let's be careful here, I noticed that at the moment when you try to buy it you only get 1 livery. Might be better to hold off and see if they release as a pack.
    I don't normally bother too much about liveries but this approach annoys me.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon
    Premium Member

Awesome news, I love racing these cars
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. budlix

Wheel Rotator Premium Member

seems worth a try. I was expecting more "boring" car but as @Phil Davies mentioned, at least for MP there is opportunity to close racing (but I don't think it will be bigger/closer than in MP WTCC).
    How collision system works when my front wheel meets someones rear wheel? Up to the sky? :)
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Premium Member

Can't help myself,It's available so I'm off to purchase the little beauty now :D.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

(Just to keep up the tradition......)

Where's my BENTLEY at Sector3!!!!!!

• Haha x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Angry x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon
    Premium Member

I just took it for a test drive and tbh I'm not completely convinced, you balance these things with the throttle and that's what makes them so much fun, that doesn't seem to be there with this one, more testing maybe, could still be a good crack to race
  14. kamackeris

Premium Member

While it is great there are all these news cars and yes these do look great fun I wish they would sort out ai. Tried it again last night and they could not handle some corners turned into a traffic jam of parked cars on the first lap. Also tried brands last night and like this vid the ai is a lot slower in that first corner than us. Yes i know take it online but I always prefer ams online although I am gonna try the wtcc race tonight at sonoma
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. more like Bram said, Formula Ford. We had this before, but now to a sim. :D

(no, I'm not joking about R3E not being a sim. I'm pointing to another game)

and last time Sector3 said "will be released soon", they released the Audi R18 only a few hours later. so stay tunned!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Vangelis pargiNOS

Vangelis pargiNOS
    Do your best, today!!! Premium Member

Oh man this should be a lot of fun at the club races. I just took it for a spin and its awesome. Another thing is, the sound engineer for R3E, must be a magician, incredible sound on this one again!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit: I don't know what to do... i have 1600vrp's waiting for ADAC, Bentley, McLaren, BMW... Should i buy this or not yet..... ohhh frustrating. :geek::geek::geek:
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Number 27 (no #11 there) is already mine. Nice little beast to drive, especially with H shifter :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. xnorb

Premium Member

Ya, i've read that, just don't know what Formula Ford is :D
    This one looks like Formula Vee in AMS, which are a damn fun to drive.
    (Although i think F-Vee has way less horsepower)

Isn't it usually that way that if you buy a single car it only comes with 1 livery?
  19. jimortality

Premium Member

What AI settings do you use Paul?
  20. Vangelis pargiNOS

Vangelis pargiNOS
    Do your best, today!!! Premium Member

I just purchase the pack for 299 :D

My hesitation helped me buddy :D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2