RaceRoom Racing Experience Tatuus F4 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released preview images of the next new open wheel installment for RaceRoom Racing Experience, the officially licensed Tatuus F4.

The Tatuus F4 is a natural progression through the open wheel ranks from the recently previewed Formula RaceRoom Jnr, a low-powered open single-seater with minimal downforce and an onus on maintaining momentum through the corners, this newly reviewed addition to the ranks of R3E will surely be a popular online choice for close wheel-to-wheel action.

The FIA created the Formula 4 series as a stepping stone in the competitive open wheel racing ranks, aiming to provide a low cost single chassis formula that can be adopted internationally. With a host of well filled out grids of talented young drivers, Formula 4 offers a viable option to those with an eye on progressing up the professional racing ladder.

Featuring fibre glass bodywork and powered by a number of different engines from the Fiat Abarth Turbocharged 1.4L, 160 hp engine used predominantly in Italy to the trusted Cosworth F4-016 in the UK. Formula 4 is focused on close racing and allowing drivers to hone their skills and racecraft in a cost effect, high-downforce car.

More details about the RaceRoom version of the car are somewhat thin on the ground at the moment, but keep checking back at RaceDepartment for more news and previews as they become known.

Also while you are here please don't forget to check out our very own RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club here on RaceDepartment and our R3E forum for all the latest news and insights.

R3E Tatuus F4 Lockup.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 T Cam.jpg R3E Tatuus F4.png R3E Tatuus F4 battle.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 Grid.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg

Are you happy about Sector3's recent move to concentrate on open wheel content? Looking forward to driving this entry level single-seater? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like R3E recent new additions. However, I just hate these 3 generic cockpit "MOTECs" that appear on all cars. I feel like they are pushing out more and more content and I miss the attention for detail inside the cars like in AC, iRacing or pCARS.

not realy happy with this "kids race class".....raceroom comes wiht a mod that exist in 99 other games.....time for new things....nordschleife and wheather options in the game are a lot more needed. :O_o::cautious::(

I'll give this a pass, too, as I am waiting with buying new content until S3 gets some of the most annoying bugs fixed. Especially the multiplayer is such a bugged thing that I really would like S3 to get some more people that could help fixing this instead of wasting all the money on new content that I could get in nearly every other title, too...

Not sure I'd classify it as 'a recent move to concentrate on open-wheelers'.
While we do have three open-wheelers in fairly rapid succession (FR2, FR4 and RR Junior), we've also had the Audi TT and the NSU. Not to mention that they're still working on GT3 '15 and WTCC '15. As far as I know, they're also adding some cars to the GTO class so the Quattro finally has something to race against.

Anyway, think I'll give this one a miss, although if it's as cheap as the other packs it'll probably end up in my basket at some point.
The RR Junior is an insta-buy, this one....not so much.
Not any particular dislikes against it, it just doesn't tickle me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back