Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a server up under PrestoGP.com Fun Race with the normal presto password.
If any RD guys want to race then PM me for the password.

If Eric's server is up we'll use that as it seems to have less lag for us at the bottom of the world, otherwise it will be the Presto server.
In the case we run Eric's server it will carry the normal RD club password - PM me for details.

Steve

FPPS Fun Race 2010 - Race 1 - Macau

OK Guys,
Here we go with the 1st fun race, open to all RD Licensed Competitors.
Details for race day are:
Date - Sat 19th/Sun 20th June
Venue - Macau
Class - F1 MMG LE
Race Distance - 45 Laps
Weather - Fine

Practice, 2 hours - 7.30am Sydney / 9.30am NZT / 2.30pm West Coast / 5.30pm East Coast
Qualify1, 30 mins - 9.30am Sydney / 11.30am NZT / 4.30pm West Coast / 7.30pm East Coast
Qualify2, 15 mins - 10.00am Sydney / 12.00pm NZT / 5.00pm West Coast / 8.00pm East Coast
Warmup, 15 mins - 10.15am Sydney / 12.15pm NZT / 5.15pm West Coast / 8.15pm East Coast
Race start - 10.30am Sydney / 12.30pm NZT / 5.30pm West Coast / 8.30pm East Coast

Please state your entry below in the normal fashion (reply & add your name to the list)

Steve

Hey boys!! I'm not to be givin anyone advice, however, if you expect to last more than a lap or 2 at Macau y'all might want to take a few practice laps. A total blast, but (at least for me) a very humbling expereince. It brings new meaning to the words "Concrete Barrier".

I'm a no go for this week, I am moving house, which is always fun!! As a result, I will be without internet for sometime, maybe a few weeks while my phone and broadband are connected. But once I am back online, I am keen for some more racing!!

To add a little spice to the race, here's a few minor rule modifications for the race that I know Steve was thinking about, but he somehow forgot to post.

1) Anyone who took a podium spot in this years FPPS starts from the back of the grid
2) 10 kg will be added to anyone who took 3rd place, 15 kg for second, and 25 kg for first.
3) Peter Marshall, David Noden, and Ivan Mills have to drive the first lap in reverse
4) Chris Hendrich has to drive the entire race in reverse just to give us a chance
5) Everyone agrees not to lap anyone. It's just not a nice thing to do.
6) I get an F1 and the rest of the grid get Mini's (a variant on Steve's suggestion, thanks!!!)

Additions are welcome and should be directed through the appropriate channel to our esteemed race director.

Cheers!!!!

Sorry gentlemen :(
Sunday mornings has always been an awful time slot for me [I doubt i will contest another FPPS season because of it]. Work has taken its' toll on me today...

I did front for the Wednesday night race. We had only three of us. I suspect the other Qld and NSW drivers were engrossed in the State of Origin Rugby League match.

Anyway, it is a shame that attendance is down. Hope you all had fun and did not lose concentration.

Peter

Well, great track , but horrible race from me.
Qualy was good. P1 .
Race strategy was hard to decide on. Went with 2 stop strategy but made a mistake early on which left me with severe suspension damage. pitted and put fuel until lap 30,so i went out again with 120 litres. damaged the car again and went back to pits. now I am not good in calculating while I have to drive through those tight streets and of course instead of 70 more litres I filled the tank to the brim and had about 50 litres too many.
car was very heavy and made another mistake.
Went to pits and left my throttle just a bit too long and car started to overheat. When I got released from pitstop i got about halfway dowbn the pitlane until my engine blew. That was it.
I have to say I was really just having fun and I love how easy to drive the mod is compared to FSR mod which I was driving for the last 2 weeks.

I was very disappointed that we were only 6 drivers. Hopefully that will change for the next race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back