Formula One behind decoder in The Netherlands

I think RTL Netherlands can blame itself. They invested less and less money in it, eventually even keeping commentator Olav Mol in the Netherlands, instead of commentating from track. When watching either the BBC or the Sky broadcast, then you notice how little money RTL Netherlands actually put in it. Of course viewers go to BBC then.

You guys have the same problem as I had this season. Some stupid satelite tv provider bought the rights for F1 in Bulgaria and because they used some backdoors in the law they forced other tv providers to block foreign TVs which broadcast F1. Until the middle of the season I could watch F1 on RTL but somehow it disappeared. Last 4 races I had to watch it live on some TV Slovenija with awful quality. At least the comentator was hilarious.

PS: LONG LIVE INTERNET!

It's the same in Turkey since the last year. I could watch from RTL fortunately. However, RTL had a great amount of "werbungs" that sometimes forced me to switch Azerbejan Idman TV's 240 pixel quality broadcasts. :D

I am a bit lost. I dont mind paying for a subscription at all if they offer lots of quality like SkyF1. But i am getting the impression I have to buy the sub to watch everything from Sport1. I am not interested in other sports such as golf, serie a, b, c football and such.

I gladly pay for just a F1 sub only but I dont think thats possible. Why oh why can't motorsTV get a f1 license you wonder.

In Finland we have possibility to buy web stream for 50€/season from broadcasters web service. All sessions live and I've used it last 3 seasons. For me it's the best solution because I don't need any other rubbish which belongs in those expensive tv Channel packages. At home I use Htpc with tv and then laptop when traveling on a race day.
I hope you'll get a similar service in the Netherlands .

Bumpy bump - Gotta ask this... Now that the Australian GP weekend is edging every so closer, are there any Dutchies here still uncertain of how to get coverage this weekend? I'm still not sure :O_o:

At the moment I'm waiting for Sport1 to update their Sport1 F1 Dital page, which offers live online access to the entire weekend. See here on the right of the page, it still says ''Binnenkort te bestellen''. I just want pricing info before I can make a decision.

Most likely I'll get up at 06:30 this saturday to try and find a Sky Sports livestream for qually. If not, then... (absolute worst case scenario)... German RTL coverage.

But in the pub we'll miss out on all the already legendary live pictures from Scott Webber :(
yeah really a big shame, i liked doing the live piccies :)

that website i gave you bram, do not get a subscription from there :) it's a total rip off :(

i might just have to go to the pub myself, although i would spend a fortune on alcohol and get drunk before the race finishes :( not to mention football will no doubt be played more on the tv at pubs then F1 :S

foldable-inflatable-boat-outboard-inflatable-keel-airdeck-21321-353523.jpg

On my way to cross the North Sea and watch Formula One with you in a London pub Scotty. They can keep their F1 subscriptions here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back