Formula One behind decoder in The Netherlands

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Just like in the UK Formula One is now disappearing from the open net and can only be viewed next year on pay tv broadcaster Sport1

Oh well, so long F1 I hope you will live long and prosper with those amazing viewing numbers of at least 100,000 people.

key_art_that_sucks.jpg

Same in sweden but we´ve had it for a couple of years now.

I remember the days when we would get everything broadcasted on regular TV.
Now i think they only show the Qualifying on regular TV while if you want to watch P1-3 and Q it´s on Viasat Motor.

Only thing i like more about BBC is Gary Anderson, when he picks up a paper and start sketching updates and how they work i´m in awe.
I don´t like the big teddy bear much frankly.

As far as commentating goes, anything with Brundle is what i watch.

Almost the same in Italy, RAI (the national public network) has bought the rights for half the GPs, but will only broadcast the race (so no practice or quali). Well, off to find a good streaming.

Here in Finland F1 has been on pay channel for years now. But at least we get all the practice and quali sessions and race. Plus GP3, GP2 and Porsche cup when them driving. Also lots of background reporting and interviews. And for about 3 euros/month, It's part of 8 channel deal which costs me 25 euros/month. So not bad really.

It really sucks... guess it'll be RTL Deutschland then...

Uh...those guys are real muppets. I'd rather not watch a race at all in that case. I've always preferred Sky Germany or ORF (Austrian TV, Alexander Wurz commentating) but ORF is impossible unless you live near the Austrian border. :D

I have no idea how bad it is, but for me I guess something is better than nothing (or is it really THAT bad?)... I read somewhere that the BBC broadcasts half races or something? How does that work?

I have no idea how bad it is, but for me I guess something is better than nothing (or is it really THAT bad?)... I read somewhere that the BBC broadcasts half races or something? How does that work?

BBC are allowed to broadcast 10 races of their choice with live practice/qualy/race.

However, for the other races, BBC are not able to show practice at all + they have qualy and race extended highlights a few hours after the session finishes.

Shame, but I wasn't watching RTL at all when BBC was broadcasting live. Only plusside now is there won't be any ad breaks and perhaps Sport1 will broadcast the free practice sessions.

Problem with RTL Deutschland is they don't broadcast in HD, which is a must for me to be honest.

we haven't had free-to-air F1 for close to 10 years in South Africa. first our national broadcaster moved to showing the races delayed at like 10pm local time on Sunday night, now there's nothing. if you want to watch F1 in my country you have to have satellite TV which costs around 50 euro a month.

I think only if your TV company (or companies that support your house) have it.

I´m still waiting for a online service, it´s 2012 for god sake.

NFL arrived in the 21st century a long time ago. They don't care where you are, as long as you pay for your subscription. Formula One should offer something similar.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back