Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the value of all teams is kept secret from the rest of us. So if someone managed to guess 253 as the correct value, then it would be kept secret, right?
Yes of course ! But everyone will see in this Set-up picture that he found the number, because there will be a = beside his team's PP.

No it's the same for everyone but you've all given me different numbers. Here in my example, ERA, Veritas, OSCA & Talbot gave me a number below the target.

My example was completely random. I've simulated 11 different numbers from 100 to 500
What is the 'PP' row then?

Let's see if I can understand it properly and restate it for @Meff28s
Every driver and every car has their own Pace Points that will affect how well they drive.
Every Season, the Mod will randomly select a number from 100-500.
Each round of races, the players must select a number from 100-500, trying to guess what the Mod selected.
Your car and driver will gain "bonus" Pace Points based on how close you are to the random number.

You can see that a Tier 1 team will have 500 Pace Points as it's base. A Tier 2 team will have 350. Tier 3, 200. Tier 4, 50. Your random number will add up to 250 PP to the car depending on how you rank with your guess. A Tier 4 car can get up to 300 PP with a perfect guess, which could be enough to beat a Tier 3 car with a poor guess.

The drivers also fit into a Tier system of their own, and add PP to the total package of Car, Driver, and Bonus.

Basically, you send a number to Meff. If he posts +, make your number bigger. If he posts -, make it smaller. If he posts =, don't change it unless you want to get worse.

Every driver and every car has their own Pace Points that will affect how well they drive.
Each round of races, the players must select a number from 100-500, trying to guess what the Mod selected.
Your car and driver will gain "bonus" Pace Points based on how close you are to the random number.

You can see that a Tier 1 team will have 500 Pace Points as it's base. A Tier 2 team will have 350. Tier 3, 200. Tier 4, 50. Your random number will add up to 250 PP to the car depending on how you rank with your guess. A Tier 4 car can get up to 300 PP with a perfect guess, which could be enough to beat a Tier 3 car with a poor guess.

The drivers also fit into a Tier system of their own, and add PP to the total package of Car, Driver, and Bonus.

Perfect !

Will the driver variety be about the same as in FLM1, or will there be a couple more drivers who were close to F1, but never made it there?

Just a minor thing, wouldn't it have been better to do the team picks in reverse order from 1.0 (so worst ranked player last time gets first pick this time), just so the same people aren't at the bottom all the time - I know this game has progression, and it's all sorted now, but just a little thing

I'm still happy with how it is and I'm looking forward to the game!

Just a minor thing, wouldn't it have been better to do the team picks in reverse order from 1.0 (so worst ranked player last time gets first pick this time), just so the same people aren't at the bottom all the time - I know this game has progression, and it's all sorted now, but just a little thing

I'm still happy with how it is and I'm looking forward to the game!
I think the main problem was that rookies weren't good enough. IRL, drivers like Hamilton, Senna and Verstappen were on the pace straight away, but here they came in with too low skills, so the gamble was never worth it because by the time they started getting good, the contract ran out.

Also, can we scrap the contract length limits. Maybe stop Tiers 1 and 2 signing drivers for one year, but lower down it becomes a problem if the car gets good but the drivers are still awful. Give the lower tiers free choice on how many years to sign drivers for.

One more, regarding the setups. Assuming the perfect number is 217. Player 1 picks 216, player 2 picks 218. They're both equally close, and didn't pick the same number. Will they both be ranked #1?

One more, regarding the setups. Assuming the perfect number is 217. Player 1 picks 216, player 2 picks 218. They're both equally close, and didn't pick the same number. Will they both be ranked #1?
Perhaps we need to set a rule that discusses this. If you're tied but on opposite sides of the number, then we pick either the high one or the low one gets priority. Don't care which way it goes, but @Meff28s needs to pick one.

Perhaps we need to set a rule that discusses this. If you're tied but on opposite sides of the number, then we pick either the high one or the low one gets priority. Don't care which way it goes, but @Meff28s needs to pick one.
Maybe neither team should get priority, like it would be if both teams were equal on the same side of the number
Nevertheless, make sure to always pick a « unique » number to not be penalized. Why is that and what it means ? If two of you give me the same number which would rank you #3, you will both be ranked 4# and so will receive a lower Pace bonus. It is made to force you to give me different numbers. Imagine that the perfect number is 103. One team picks 299 and everyone else picks the same number 300. They will all get no Pace Bonus, because they will all be ranked #11 and the only team who picked 299 will be ranked #1 and get the maximum Pace bonus.

By the way, I'll try to answer you the best I can about the rules and stuff like this :

@The_Laskinator @Jimlaad43
I don't find it logical or fair to reverse the order. The best teams would probably work a lot to climb the Tiers, it shouldn't be rewarded by signing Kvyat. I want to have tough battles for the title every year with 3 teams engaged (as there are 3 Tier 1 teams) and with the best drivers.
This is exactly why I've made a signing system where contract length is only 2 or 4 years. First because this way I will prevent someone to sign both driver at once (which is just impossible to make it work properly with a signing order). Second for the turnover of teams into Tier 1 : you will access Tier 1 and sign a top driver, he will make your team a championship winner, then the old guy will decline, and you'll be stuck with him for a year or two.. it seems logical to fall with him... Buffon with Italy to take a recent example. Each season, mostly half of the line-up will change, it's good. I don't think all the teams should change every year, or none of them. 4 years if you want to keep the guy a long time, 2 years if you just wait for someone else.
By the way what you said Jim about the Rookies in the previous version isn't true. Some guys just came into F1 with high ratings : Prost 85, Senna 86, Schumacher 85, Verstappen 85, Vettel 87. The problem was that they just came in a awful car, 10 pace points below everyone else.. It couldn't make the difference ! Now it's different, no team will be stuck forever into the abyss of pace ^^ unless you ALWAYS give the farthest number and NEVER guess the formula one champions (driver and cons')
But you also pointed a problem, when they were good enough.. their contract ran out ! It is exactly why I've added another year for signing a driver ;)
@kedy89 @rubaru
About your "guess the right number" observation, you were right. There's a possibility that both guys could be equally far from the target. But they won't be ranked #1, as written in the rules, they'll be both raked #2. However, I don't really understand why there should be a #1 and a #2. Two cars couldn't just be both fast the same way ? PP (Pace points) are just there to create gaps between all the teams, and it is built to have linear gaps (contrary to previous FLM where we could have 5 teams at 94, 1 at 98 and the rest at 83). I don't really see the problem as it will quite never happen.. two cars from the same Tier, with the same bets (don't forget the bet game before every season - in the rules "Bonus"), with the same number or equally close.. If it's happening once or twice ^^ !

Before we start, here's what I still need :
Numbers of @Omer Said @rubaru @Benutzername
Bets of almost everybody !

Have you said "bets" ? Yes ! i'm quoting the rules :thumbsup:
"There is also a little bet game, before every season, on « Who will be the next champion ? » to get you a Pace bonus for the upcoming year. 35PP per good answer (Team and/or Driver ) which is almost half a Tier gained if you’re right."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes