Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was waiting on the updated standings on first page to do my write up, for my buys it wouldn't have mattered as I would be saving anyway.

But yes please update the standings, I want to get hyped for the last race :D

It does remind me, with the fact that we had two drivers on the same fastest lap, how we should go about it.
Generally I've kept to making sure everything was stable across all seasons, e.g. 17 races, 10 points positions each race etc. So going by that, I'd give the statistic of the fastest lap to James (side note, only he received the $50 for it as well last round, the money wasn't split or doubled for Tim).
F1 would indicate that they just shared the statistic on a number of occasions.

So I'm interested to hear some of the thoughts here, giving it to just James, maybe with an asterisk in the season page that it was an equal lap, or give it to both of them and have '18' fastest laps in S5.

I think you go by what the game says.
It happened that in qualifying 2 drivers set the same time, but the game determined which one started ahead.
I'm not sure exactly what's the logic it uses to see who's ahead, maybe it goes beyond the 3 decimal points, maybe it goes to the driver who set it first/last, either way I think the game knows what it's doing. :p

18 Fastest Laps, both drivers get money and the statistics.
Money can't be shared so that won't happen

I think the most fair way to settle this, if there is the ability, is to look who's second fastest time was better.
Sadly not, I could go back through the race but I wouldn't be able to have an accurate reading on it. In any case below this:

I think you go by what the game says.
It happened that in qualifying 2 drivers set the same time, but the game determined which one started ahead.
I'm not sure exactly what's the logic it uses to see who's ahead, maybe it goes beyond the 3 decimal points, maybe it goes to the driver who set it first/last, either way I think the game knows what it's doing. :p
It was just who did it first, James was in the middle stint, Tim in the final stint. That's how the game sorted it.

Money can't be shared so that won't happen

Sadly not, I could go back through the race but I wouldn't be able to have an accurate reading on it. In any case below this:

It was just who did it first, James was in the middle stint, Tim in the final stint. That's how the game sorted it.
Money doesn't get shared, both get $50

18 fastest laps, James gets $50 and Tim gets $50, fairest imo.

Just like mens 2-man bobsleigh result, after 4 timed runs, both German and Canadian team ended up exactly with the same time (to the tenth of a second), they both got awarded the gold.

Well remember Jerez 97 in F1, in the event of a time tie the drivers are classified on the order they set the times. So I'd give fastest lap to whoever set it first.

Well remember Jerez 97 in F1, in the event of a time tie the drivers are classified on the order they set the times. So I'd give fastest lap to whoever set it first.
That was quali though. In races they've had multiple driver setting fastest laps as well, in which case all of them got it (last happened Europe '84).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 58.1%