Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

A quick AI 5 lap race, F79, 312T and 72D. Who's fastest? :D

timetable.jpg

Another test to see who's faster, 10 laps Brands Hatch GP

timetable.jpg

Big gap with the 312T, and the rest of the 79's on the grid kept gaining places every other lap (except me I was having a coffee at the pits :D)

Reactions: CC
I don't think he means L79 is slower around the lap. It's just much slower on straights. I just quickly tried it around Spa and with 0 wings top speed was like 20km/h slower than with iRacing version. Also lap times were like 10sec slower than in iRacing. Feeling around corners was kinda similar but it was very slow to accelerate and didn't reach similar top speeds.

One side note my latest iRacing experience is +1 year ago and some other game shouldn't be the one to compare with. Everyone who knows the history, the iRacing version has changed a lot. Early days they cut half off the downforce based on forum talks.(talking about accurate data of making sim cars...)

Soft vs Hard tires doesn't seem like an apt comparison.
--------------
No idea about how close to reality the physics or lap times are, but it is huge fun to drive and looks amazing. Can't wait for replica liveries in 4k.
Only issue I have with the car is that there is seemingly no tire sounds, which is likely realistic but is somewhat needed in a game in order to help compensate for the lack of G forces. Finding it hard to judge just how much the rear end is sliding with no audio clues.

Anyways, I bought it and will likely hardly ever drive it but wanted to support the team. Hopefully a v8 Supercar and/or GT Legends pack will happen from y'all someday.

I don't think he means L79 is slower around the lap. It's just much slower on straights. I just quickly tried it around Spa and with 0 wings top speed was like 20km/h slower than with iRacing version. Also lap times were like 10sec slower than in iRacing. Feeling around corners was kinda similar but it was very slow to accelerate and didn't reach similar top speeds.

One side note my latest iRacing experience is +1 year ago and some other game shouldn't be the one to compare with. Everyone who knows the history, the iRacing version has changed a lot. Early days they cut half off the downforce based on forum talks.(talking about accurate data of making sim cars...)

I dont know what to think about the iRacing car, its fun to drive but for example the springs are WAY stiffer than what i found in some old setup sheets of the real car. They are more in the range of the Lotus 80, but then that was a totally different car...

I can promise with a high degree of confidence that David has explored all of the easily accessible resources and much more on top of that.

I offered to buy the manual for Dan a while back but it was already on hand by then. :)

On the springs, I found the same thing with the T70. The rF2 version had very little in common with the real build sheets I had access to. Not sure wtf...

I personally find the very nice and fun to drive the problem is that it should have more chance of adjusting the aerodynamic load so that you get higher speeds in long straight lines if needed. It is not realistic that in 4 gears it reaches 250km / h and inserted the 5 gears 249,248,247, and so on ...

This is one fantastic mod. I remember this car from iRacing some years ago and it was a "wundertüte" for me every lap. This one drives so consistent from the beginning without being easy. When it has grip its easy to handle but it can be a handfull in slow corners. Thanks alot for this high quality product.

I would be also happy with some more topspeed but if is realistic as it is now then Im ok with it.

This thing is loads of fun at Bridgehampton. It's great at showing how much downforce the car has, but then also showing how it can be a handful in the slower corners where downforce isn't in play.

I thought it was always a rainlight , for raining and pits , not sure at what point pit rainlights was introduced ,
But I have never seen a F1 car with a brakelight also , obviously you guys looked into the manual ect :)
Only knew them also as rainlight. That why i was askin. But anyway great mod.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.