rF2 Formula 1 '79 @ Zolder '79 - Sunday 21st of July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I want to be on teamspeak, but my computer won't let me:( gate framerate issue when I have teamspeak on. Good thing is that I am looking for a new computer so in the future i'm back online.

No formation laps, just a countdown and than go:)

Exact same for me!
i'll keep practicing...
It also seems like the autoclutch does work very well, it keeps kicking when I'm shifting without it...only car that does it...
weird...

yes, i found the same with the old f1 classics at monaco. people will say its because the old cars didn't have sequential shifting and auto clutch...however, i think most of us use auto clutch so i would prefer it to work. only way around it seems to be to lift the throttle - it's ok on downshifts but not upshifts where it jolts!

yes, i found the same with the old f1 classics at monaco. people will say its because the old cars didn't have sequential shifting and auto clutch...however, i think most of us use auto clutch so i would prefer it to work. only way around it seems to be to lift the throttle - it's ok on downshifts but not upshifts where it jolts!

Yeah...I wish too...in the meantime I am trying to shift with the clutch pedal...there's a lot to manage with these cars...but the sound!!! wow!
It feels like a rocket! so powerfull!

The Renaults really have turbos in this mod, that is great, but they are scary and the lap time is slower, because Zolder has so many corners. The sound and the way they drive is a amazing. Compared to that the other cars are nice and friendly.

does turbo kick in automatically after so many revs? I have very little knowledge about how they work

does turbo kick in automatically after so many revs? I have very little knowledge about how they work

Yes with rising revs the turbo spins up as well and kick in, but you have a lot of turbo lack and it is just working at high revs. I think on faster circuits they can be quicker and they have 6 gears which helps to keep the tubro boost up, but the car is very exhausting to drive compared to the others.

Yes with rising revs the turbo spins up as well and kick in, but you have a lot of turbo lack and it is just working at high revs. I think on faster circuits they can be quicker and they have 6 gears which helps to keep the tubro boost up, but the car is very exhausting to drive compared to the others.

do you mean you find it exhausting or in real life?

Yes its a bit exhausting, because you have to drive it 100% on the limit sldiing the rear hat 200kph and so on, because you loose a lot of time out of the slow corners and the balance of the car is worse compared to some others. I really struggled to get one quick lap without crashing :D

I only ask because...I found exactly the same. ha! I do wonder if it's actually good to slide them a bit sometimes too. Villeneuve used to and I suppose you just have to keep the power on as much as possible?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back