Formula 1 2022 | Pre-Season Thread

I am betting Lance Stroll takes Hamilton's spot at MB and becomes 2022 champion. They can put some chump in the car next to Vettel.
$ Aston Martin $ + Stroll + $ Aramco $ + $ cog $ ... Vettel 2022 champion.

Plus imagine the media if one of the current least hated drivers to become champion. You know it makes sense.

Today Williams revealed their brand new competitor and you cant unsee the resemblance. Its basically Racedepartment livery you only have to change the W.

Season Launch Williams Racing FW44.png

I like it blue is my coulour and last year they had that zebra stripe thing on the back. And the carbon fiber on floor came up at a flat angle behind rear wheel, the lines could have been gentler or curved across sidepod. I saw utube and they say Williams is using more parts from mercedes like suspension and so forth, the team insisted on doing stuff themselves as they always did. Back in the day Frank used a gearbox by another car company. Small teams have to use as many non performance parts as they can to survive.

I love the new Ferrari. Here it looks like a go-kart you want to jump in and drive:

ferrari-f1-75-1.jpg

Now it looks like a hot woman:

2022-ferrari-f1-75-formula-one-race-car_100829457_h.jpg

Thread ought to be reserved for Ferrari images from now

The Q2 tyre rule for the top 10 qualifiers has been officially scrapped from this year onwards. We bid farewall to "tactical pole", and hello to all three sessions being an all out affair (tyre allocations permitting)

Last edited:
Anyone else think the Russian GP should be canceled?
I don't like for mixing politics and sports, unless there is real war going on, which this is not as much as those far enough from it would want it. In regards to question, short answer no. Long answer, there would be a lot less GPs from some/most countries if they were cancelled each time those countries were involved in "protecting" sovereignty of other countries.

P.S. I'm just guessing that we all here get information on this topic from couple of different sources and not trusting just few major ones that have path they need to follow. Interestingly, same applies for F1 news and all other, if following only one source we will never have correct and full understanding. I'll go back to topic now, can't wait to see if Alpine found something magical with their design.

Russai dumped by F1, of course. Good riddance - definitely nothing against the citizens but this can't be tolerated by F1. Vetell & others weren't going to drive there anyway.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea