Ford GT GTE and Myrtle Beach Coming to iRacing.com

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ford GT GTE iRacing.jpg

iRacing.com have announced two new pieces of content scheduled to join the simulation in the near future - the Ford GT GTE and Myrtle Beach Speedway!

With a June build release slated for the Ford GT GTE and Ferrari 488 GTE already pretty much a done deal, iRacing will be receiving two of the most iconic closed top GT cars currently racing to the modern GTE / GT3 specification rulesets that form part of multiple championships throughout the world.

According to a recent statement from iRacing themselves (see below), the plan is for both the Ford GT GTE and the Ferrari 488 to enter the IMSA class within the game, with space being made for the cars by shuffling out some of the current GT3 machines to their own class with the Porsche remaining within the IMSA category.

iRacing Ford - Ferrari Statement.jpg

In other iRacing news, the online racing service have confirmed another new oval will be making its way to the game in the near future, this time confirming the half mile Myrtle Beach Speedway will also be made available as soon as the "early June" new build release for the sim. Designed for series below the main NASCAR championship, Myrtle Beach Speedway is a tarmac covered short oval that plays host to a number of championships including the NASCAR Whelen series, Late Model Charger, Super Trucks, and Mini Stocks amongst other national level events.

So big news for iRacing fans as it looks like the upcoming June build is set to bring a raft of quality new content additions to the simulation. Good times roll on...!

iRacing.com is a online only racing simulation "service" exclusive to PC. Content is purchased on an item by item basis and a yearly subscription is required to access the game.

iRacing Myrtle Beach 2.jpg
iRacing Myrtle Beach.jpg

Check out the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get involved with the community discussion today!

Happy to see the Ford announcement and Myrtle Beach Speedway? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
5 years later release .... cool .... 30 $ :roflmao:
I go back on RF2 like everyone else :cool:

I have iracing too and honestly laserscanned tracks are good but a hugh number off them are outdated and there are tracks in other sims that are as good (not all mostly the offical game released ones ) as tracks from iracing, and about cars there are many non laserscanned cars that are better then laserscanned ones from iR . The ffb in rf2 is way better then in iracing. Yes iracing has also a lott off pro's as mentioned in other reactions but its way to expensive and the anual fee is raised to over 100 $ a year and yes you can earn 40 dollar back but they better make it 40$ cheaper so you are not forced to make atleast 8 races a season . So iam thinking about not to renew my subscription this year.
and if one has spend over 700 dollars on cars and tracks (not included online subscription) they should allow you to sell it to another person or to make it this way that you still can use it offline when you dont renew online subscription
But its everybody's own wallet so if one wants to pay that amount it's up to that person.
But imo other sims wich are a lot cheaper and getting better and better will be serious competators for iR in near future because if you join SimRacingSystem for rf2 , Automobilista or Assetto corsa there you also can compete in races every hour and for championship point wit some kind off save rating model with punishments and its FREE :confused::confused:

More cars and fleshed out series can only be a good thing. They need to be running more than five models though. They lose out to other developers because of the pedestrian pace of content release, which is a shame as I'm sure more people would buy more of there was more to be had.

and they're out! amazing how much downforce these modern gt cars have. love the sound, too, and it just feels slightly unreal to be playing iRacing and have a ferrari logo on the dashboard / wheel in front of you. Love the ferrari a bit more, it just feels a little more compact and more like i imagine a gt car might feel, whereas the ford feels more like i would imagine an lmp2 car to handle - but what do i know, lol?

i havent gotten a chance to try them or watch them head-to-head but i noticed iracing flatout gives the ford a 5:1 power:weight vs 6:1 for the ferrari (making these numbers up, but its significant)...how does the ferrari stand a chance?? sincere question. maybe at twisty tracks but...at le mans, the ford is surely just easily faster? i was under the impression it was actually supposed to be a contest this year.

Ferrari seems to be faster by a few tenths at LeMans based on practices last night.

But that was three open practices and of course people haven't found the limit yet.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back