Ford GT GTE and Myrtle Beach Coming to iRacing.com

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ford GT GTE iRacing.jpg

iRacing.com have announced two new pieces of content scheduled to join the simulation in the near future - the Ford GT GTE and Myrtle Beach Speedway!

With a June build release slated for the Ford GT GTE and Ferrari 488 GTE already pretty much a done deal, iRacing will be receiving two of the most iconic closed top GT cars currently racing to the modern GTE / GT3 specification rulesets that form part of multiple championships throughout the world.

According to a recent statement from iRacing themselves (see below), the plan is for both the Ford GT GTE and the Ferrari 488 to enter the IMSA class within the game, with space being made for the cars by shuffling out some of the current GT3 machines to their own class with the Porsche remaining within the IMSA category.

iRacing Ford - Ferrari Statement.jpg

In other iRacing news, the online racing service have confirmed another new oval will be making its way to the game in the near future, this time confirming the half mile Myrtle Beach Speedway will also be made available as soon as the "early June" new build release for the sim. Designed for series below the main NASCAR championship, Myrtle Beach Speedway is a tarmac covered short oval that plays host to a number of championships including the NASCAR Whelen series, Late Model Charger, Super Trucks, and Mini Stocks amongst other national level events.

So big news for iRacing fans as it looks like the upcoming June build is set to bring a raft of quality new content additions to the simulation. Good times roll on...!

iRacing.com is a online only racing simulation "service" exclusive to PC. Content is purchased on an item by item basis and a yearly subscription is required to access the game.

iRacing Myrtle Beach 2.jpg
iRacing Myrtle Beach.jpg

Check out the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get involved with the community discussion today!

Happy to see the Ford announcement and Myrtle Beach Speedway? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Meanwhile AMS gives modern formula car and added new 2017 GP layouts for a couple of tracks for free. :whistling::inlove::thumbsup:

$7 Canadian for Hockenheim unless you paid for Season Pass or invested in the Indiegogo campaign like me...but who cares about details anyways. :p

My favourite sims are iRacing and Automobilista, so definitely getting that Ferrari when it's out. :)

Still, after all this time, the only thing I remember about Myrtle Beach is the TNT Monster Truck event that saw King Kong wreck and take out a fuel sign and 2 squad cars. Back in that day (1990) that was a big deal. Nowadays, for those trucks, that's just another Sunday.

$7 Canadian for Hockenheim unless you paid for Season Pass or invested in the Indiegogo campaign like me...but who cares about details anyways. :p

My favourite sims are iRacing and Automobilista, so definitely getting that Ferrari when it's out. :)
I think you missed the point that Reiza gave us free GP layouts/GP versions for a couple of tracks for free. Spielberg now has new 2017 GP layout, Kansai has new 2017 GP version, Interlagos has new 2017 GP version, Montreal has new 2017 GP layout. Might have missed some, but those are from the top of my head. Free together with a modern formula one car. Pretty neat in my book :)

Meanwhile AMS gives modern formula car and added new 2017 GP layouts for a couple of tracks for free. :whistling::inlove::thumbsup:
So you are saying that the Kia is a better car than the Ferrari, because u could get about 20 of them for the price of one Ferrari?
You are not comparing apples to apples. Just because Automobilista is cheaper than Iracing it does not mean it is better value.
I could enjoy countless quality online races in Iracing while you are desperately waiting on Automobilista online servers for someone to show up.

i was hoping for something along those lines, it would have been a shame to have had the ferrari announced in autumn (?) and then not finished till the real life lemans 24h come around. There is always something to grumble, this time it's the missing porsche lmp1 and a more recent lmp2, but hey - there is always room for improvement! Glad i haven't bought any new items since the porsche gt3, means i can "pay" for these with just the attendance rewards from the last two seasons and the reduction for so and so many pieces paid for already. Two GTs FOR FREE, love it!

Last edited:
I think you missed the point that Reiza gave us free GP layouts/GP versions for a couple of tracks for free. Spielberg now has new 2017 GP layout, Kansai has new 2017 GP version, Interlagos has new 2017 GP version, Montreal has new 2017 GP layout. Might have missed some, but those are from the top of my head. Free together with a modern formula one car. Pretty neat in my book :)

That I can agree with. Very good for Reiza and Automobilista to get some free content. I have spent some time with the F-Ultimate so far at VIR and Interlagos. It's amazing and lots of fun.

RD has a lot of trolls for iRacing, and its the same crap. It would be nice if I can read a thread about iRacing here that doesn't involve "OMG rF2/Automobilista better" and the pricing structure. I spent $90 on rF2 five years ago and I've felt that getting that game is a much bigger ripoff for me than iRacing and the $500+ I've spent on that. In addition to the amazing content, I've made some great sim racing friends, some I've met IRL and have gone to real races together and general hanging out. Something that can't be measured with money. :)

couldn't agree more.
coming back to my enthusiastic reply further up: i am well aware the iRacing marketing gurus have got me all hooked up, but - hey - full servers every hour on the hour and a built in system to discourage ramming, by far the best money i invested in online racing ever!
tried to give rF2 a second - no wait: third - chance some weeks back, uninstalled again (third time) after one evening. still waiting for my lifetime pass to show any life ...

Last edited:
So you are saying that the Kia is a better car than the Ferrari, because u could get about 20 of them for the price of one Ferrari?
You are not comparing apples to apples. Just because Automobilista is cheaper than Iracing it does not mean it is better value.
I could enjoy countless quality online races in Iracing while you are desperately waiting on Automobilista online servers for someone to show up.
Dont take life so serious my man. You'll pop a vessel, lol. ;) And Kia? Dont know what you are on about there.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000