Footwear for Sim Racing

• Deleted member 197115

You need a pedal cam to show off your fancy heel and toe technique!
May be put on tutu as well while I am at it. :)
@RCHeliguy , haven't noticed air gap anywhere, where is it, in toebox, or above the bridge?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently picked up some Puma Racecat Machinas. I only had to go 1/2 size up. I'm not going to walk in these, but on the pedals, they feel much better than the Skechers slip-ons that I was using before. Plus, the toe is nice an narrow and I don't hang up on the brake pedal when lifting my foot from the gas pedal. I do wish they were ventilated on top though. They get a little sweaty after about an hour or so, but I've got sweaty feet anyway. Got them on sale from the local Puma outlet for $45. Worth it.

I was a sock racer for years and it definitely felt slightly 'numb' when first switching to shoes, but was definitely worth it for long-term comfort. I've had various Sparcos and Pumas over the years but both fit quite narrow, and have used aqua shoes in the past too. By far my favourites though are an old pair of suede moccasin boots that must be 15 years old. Thin soles, rolled heels and fit me like a second skin. Swapped the laces out for a loop of bungie cord and they're effectively slip-ons now as well.
20221201_132802.jpg

BTW, be wary of buying directly from Sparco if in the UK, any returns must be sent back to Italy at significant cost.
Puma on the other hand have free delivery and free returns with zero quibbles, so you can try a range of styles and sizes with no risk whatsoever. I've always found Puma's CS to be excellent, and they often have sales. There's a discount too for signing up to their newsletter.

• Deleted member 197115

LOL, blue wasn't available in my size so went for something more subtle this time. :roflmao:
View attachment 613299
Well, OMP KS-1 were of excellent quality but quite tight in the toe box, plus the way they designed around ankle made them uncomfortable to walk around, in sitting position pushing pedals they were fine.
Replaced with Sparco K-Pole. They have more room for wider feet and overall feel softer and more comfortable, sole is thinner too. But for the build quality alone OMP has upper hand, at double the price.
20221201_083558.jpg

Well, OMP KS-1 were of excellent quality but quite tight in the toe box, plus the way they designed around ankle made them uncomfortable to walk around, in sitting position pushing pedals they were fine.
Replaced with Sparco K-Pole. They have more room for wider feet and overall feel softer and more comfortable, sole is thinner too. But for the build quality alone OMP has upper hand, at double the price.
View attachment 620790
I have wanted these, but In the US these shoes are so expensive and hard to find in half sizes. :(. And exchange shipping cost for wrong fit falls on the customer. So hard to take a chance.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I have wanted these, but In the US these shoes are so expensive and hard to find in half sizes. :(. And exchange shipping cost for wrong fit falls on the customer. So hard to take a chance.
OMP KS-1 or Sparco K-Pole?
I got both from Amazon US. Sparco K-Pole was $109 from from Competition Motorsport, they will do size/style replacement free of charge if you contact them.

FYI, I really like the Lift Aviators for my flight pedals shown below, but they feel pretty bad on my driving pedals. The nylon sliders on the heel just didn't feel right driving.

• Deleted member 197115

I connected them and they do not do free exchanges for size or style :(.
It's in their FAQ on Amazon page. And I got free replacement, of course that was their fault to ship wrong color.

• Deleted member 197115

Q: What if I want to exchange an item for a different size, color, etc.?
A: The best thing to do is to contact us directly at (844) 438-7244. Amazon's return process forces us to issue a refund; there's no provision for an exchange. We are happy to arrange a quick exchange with you directly! We will credit 100% of your original purchase, including shipping, (assuming the exchanged item is as-new) toward your exchange.

Q: What if I want to exchange an item for a different size, color, etc.?
A: The best thing to do is to contact us directly at (844) 438-7244. Amazon's return process forces us to issue a refund; there's no provision for an exchange. We are happy to arrange a quick exchange with you directly! We will credit 100% of your original purchase, including shipping, (assuming the exchanged item is as-new) toward your exchange.

I contacted the seller through Amazon and was informed they do not include shipping to them on returns or exchanges. Thanks for the info though. They did respond very quickly and were courteous.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back