Footwear for Sim Racing

I just wear socks with my HE sprints, currently pondering on whether to maybe give my karting boots a go (Sparco K Pole) or maybe some of these water shoes. I just find when I'm wearing my slippers or anything more substantial than socks that I completely lose all feel of the brake pedal, feels really alien even if that's how I drive IRL

The Sparco K-Pole looks great. I also like the OMP KS-3. I don't know the differences though. Both are more or less the same price. I don't know if I will finally spend 60€ or 70€ in some kind of driving shoes or just 15€ in a indoor football shoes like these ones (see photo). I suppose they will work and feel more or less the same, but the real driving shoes will make me feel more enthusiastic when driving.

zapatillas-futbol-sala-imviso-agility-100-adulto-negro.jpg

Last edited:
I finally pulled the trigger and for 70€ I have my Sparco K-Pole at home. Thank you for the recommendation. They look fantastic and feel great. Also perfect standard size, which is something that always puts me off when ordering shoes online.

K-Pole.jpg

I use an old pair of Sparco karting boot that became too broken for real-world use, but are still fine for sim use! I've always found it feels weird racing in socks, especially with good pedals... it's just one more thing to make the experience feel more real, right? But I reckon ANY pair of shoes with a thin sole will be perfect. The water shoe suggestions are smart!

I use some very thin soles. However, I was interested in the shoes at 4D sim racing, but have no clue if this is a valid store. Not much to look at, but looks like they me give some good feeling under foot. If anyone is familiar with them and knows if they are legit please let me know. For $35 USD, the price is right.

1665696358759.png

• Deleted member 197115

Usually stuff marked specifically for "sim-racing" turns out as much inferior version of real thing. Example Sparco hypergrip "sim-racing" gloves, which are a total crap, they also have hyperdrive simracing shoes, but I do not have experience with them.
Just get trusted and reasonably priced Puma shoes, much more comfortable and easier to get on and off than this boot.

I use racing shoes to enhance the immersion factor for the human-car interface. I felt that socks only was uncomfortable for me with HE Ultimates fitted with the hard elastomers. My regular shoes were too wide relative to the pedals and also dampened the feedback I would otherwise receive from my motion-haptics system. Thus the racing shoes gave me better comfort, (narrower fit relative to the pedals), better leverage on the hard brake, and improved motion/haptic feedback through the feet due to the thin sole. I bought alpine stars with the sock top, no tongue, and quick-lace system. I Need to wear thinner socks, but other than that, no other extra effort required.

Last edited:
I had the Puma Drift Cats, but I had problems getting a pair that were not super narrow and tight. For the right feet they must work well.

I finally ended up with OMG KS-2's. They have some air above my feet and are extremely comfortable. Looks like they've changed the design this year and gotten rid of the laces.
comfort_8085.jpg
onpedals_8081.jpg

Went with Moradness karting gloves recently and I like them, but there was nothing wrong with my Sparco's except that they were pilling up on the inside from use. The only thing cool about the Moradness gloves is that they come in some interesting color schemes. They have plain looking gloves too.
1666052826725.png

1666052763157.png

I use the water shoes but sometimes forget they are quite thin, if I'm too aggressive with heel toeing and if I slip I feel like the Heusinkveld Sprint brake pedal has ripped through my full foot. Call the ambulance.

The tough part is what he mentioned at the end that everyone's feet are different. I also found the Drift cats way undersized and I ended up two full sizes larger and still felt they were right.

I did feel like some shoes were very hot, which is one reason I liked the KS-2's. There is some air over the tops of my feet and I appreciate that. Others may not like that feel. I can't speak for the KS-3's but the soles of the KS-2's are very soft and fairly thin. I have no problem with feel.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back