flames in engine bay

hello fellow sim racers of assetto ,
I have a question. It would be nice if there was fire coming from the engines on heavy impact or overheating the engine? maybe this can be done with the default flames and smoke we use for exhaust and scale them up and multiply them so they set the engine bay on fire and after a few seconds the flames die out , so it would not harm the framerate too much . Anyone have some thougths on this? would be a great addition to immersion on ie nordschleiffe with loads of ai.hope some knows..

You'd need to define the engine bay position for every car (aside from 100+ Kunos ones, literally thousands of mods) so it seems like a lot of work for something that won't happen in most races

I think @Nicecuppatea has a car where the carburetor spits flames everyonce in a while. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bugatti-type-32.28493/

Might want to download that and see how he did it. You could implement that into a test car just to see if it works. As to how to make it happen in a crash situation..I have no idea.
thanks man , that;s a start. I think if i can edit damage.ini in a way so it treats the flames like an object when on collision that would be awesome

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.