AC Ferrari 599 vs Pagani Zonda @ Monza - Tuesday 5 May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Crap, my engine has gone. Maybe was to harsh on a downshifting. I`ll remember for the next time.
Nice event anyway, didn`t practice anything, and I really didn`t expect to go for a win... for 15 laps was all working just fine ;)

Ugh I'm so sorry @Asterix . Feel like a right knob screwing up your race, could not enjoy mine after that. Did not expect such little space even though I braked much earlier and tried to turn sharp, noob error. My luck I hit one of the front runners... So sorry, I will compensate for this. Thanks for the race all, well done.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the race. Though this was my most crappy race ever. But did´nt had time to practice this car/track combo. In 2015 I have raced 4 races here on RD, and 3/4 races I have been knocked off the track by someone either on first, second or third lap. But I still have hopes for a crash free race someday :) Today I was rammed off the track on third lap, first corner/chicane, and then the race was pretty much over for me. The replay shows that it was a red 599 called James something, but I don´t see any James´s that have signed up for this race, hmm.

Last edited:
Guys we prefer to solve these kinds of things through pms.

About the race: I was too afraid to qualify so I started from the back of the grid. The race was very nice! I had very strong fights with @Fred E Jay , @Si, @Geof and surely some other that I'm forgetting at the moment. I was too hot to pass Simon at some point and that ended in a collision that costed both of us some places. I regret nothing!! Nahhh, I'm kidding, next time I will be more careful. :)

I was too hot to pass Simon at some point and that ended in a collision that costed both of us some places. I regret nothing!! Nahhh, I'm kidding, next time I will be more careful. :)
I think it was six of one, and half dozen of the other! my fault as much as yours! altho I had to RETIRE from the terrible impact of @Akis car that destroyed my REAR suspension!;) I had a really enjoyable time defending @Geof and @Akis!

great times!!

Just watched the replay from @Asterix cockpit, and after the crash he just spawned in the pits, and was up and running in no time. I did´nt even know that was possible. I thought we had to DRIVE to the pits? Do you get a totally new/repaired car with that trick?? Cause i went to the pits on fourth lap and asked for body repair, and that took a hell of a lot more time than Asterix´es "pit jump" :)

Just watched the replay from @Asterix cockpit, and after the crash he just spawned in the pits, and was up and running in no time. I did´nt even know that was possible. I thought we had to DRIVE to the pits? Do you get a totally new/repaired car with that trick?? Cause i went to the pits on fourth lap and asked for body repair, and that took a hell of a lot more time than Asterix´es "pit jump" :)
yeah, but he would have been a lap down! he also apologised over ts and then rage quit over the whole incident!

yeah, but he would have been a lap down! he also apologised over ts and then rage quit over the whole incident!

A lap down? Ehm..no. When he blew by me while I was in the pits he overtook my position. So that pit jump trick will almost always be way faster than driving to the pits, especially when it was the first turn of the lap, and you just get a brand new car instantly. Driving to the pits and getting a body repair takes insanely long time compared. Not looking for any apoligies, i´m just tryin to learn all the tricks in this game ;-)

Well this sends you to the start of the lap -as Simon said.
If you cross the finish line and then immediately press back to pits, then you may gain some time. It's a dirty trick though and we try to keep our club races as realistic and fair as possible. It's not about gaining some seconds with teleporting back to pits. It's about the fun of racing :)
In club racing events, if your car is totaled-unmovable and you still want to keep racing, you are free to do it though! That's the one exception to the rule.

Having said that, this is totally prohibited in league racing and leads to an instant disqualification at best :)

Last edited:
Awesome event! :D These cars are truly monsters, but still nice to drive. The more I play AC, the more I like it. The number of races I did in here at RaceDepartment is beginning to mount, and I must say that I've never regretted paying the premium membership. The community is really nice. :thumbsup:

Busiest: @Chark (avg total gap in front and behind 6.59 secs)
Indeed. Nice battles with @EireGreen™ and @brooptss almost all race long. And for the first time ever, I battled with @Akis! From the back straight to the first chicane, we were side-by-side! Yes, including the Parabolica.

10309-1430862618-f786fe2e475204ff97bdb9c822dcc0eb.jpg

Please, keep coming not prepared to the races, so that way, I can be only one second off your pace each lap. :p

Thanks @Akis and @Si for such events, and congrats to @Tomi Manninen who was incredibely fast today!

Last edited:
Well this as Simon said sends you to the start of the lap.
If you cross the finish line and then immediately press back to pits, then you may gain some time. It's a dirty trick though and we try to keep our club races as realistic and fair as possible. It's not about gaining some seconds with teleporting back to pits. It's about the fun of racing :)
In club racing events, if your car is totaled-unmovable and you still want to keep racing, you are free to do it though! That's the one exception to the rule.

Having said that, this is totally prohibited in league racing and leads to an instant disqualification at best :)

Instant disqualification, very understandable :-D As far as I can see on the replay, he saved at least 40 seconds more like 50 seconds on that teleporting stuff. But as I see it this is what I call a major game bug.

Instant disqualification, very understandable :-D As far as I can see on the replay, he saved at least 40 seconds more like 50 seconds on that teleporting stuff. But as I see it this is what I call a major game bug.
obviously you understand that @Asterix did not attempt to gain an advantage in this situation.

obviously you understand that @Asterix did not attempt to gain an advantage in this situation.

Well, that doesn't matter to me whether or not he was taking advantage of this buggy game. I was far from the pace, and wasn't competitive in any way. Besides as Akis mentioned, this was only a club race, where its more about having fun, than about who wins. I was just surprised that it was even possible to teleport like that ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back