Ferrari 499P [PHYSICS]

Cars Ferrari 499P [PHYSICS] 1.3b FIX

Login or Register an account to download this content
Theofilos submitted a new resource:

Ferrari 499P [PHYSICS] - Reworked physics for the lm_hypercar_499p

My first physics mod upload, so there's probably many things to improve but i thought it would be best to take feedback as well :)
I'll note that info on this car is very very little and i did my best to make data for it.
What's changed:
  • Updated ICE performance (672hp at the crank)
  • Updated Hybrid deployment and power (Hybrid now correctly deploys at 190kph giving full AWD with 899MJ per lap available)
  • Updated car mass to 1030kg (1105kg with driver)
  • Updated...

Read more about this resource...

Do you have also fixed the problem with the incorrect fuel consuming. the ai can stay out way longer than any other LMH/LMDH car.
I don't think i changed fuel consumption, but i did increase the fuel tank size so it should be worse now. i'll add it on the to-do list :)
From your experience, how big is the gap?

Last edited:
BAC059E7-AF8C-4675-8ACA-17FCE163E2DC.jpeg

The actual torque curve all LMH cars have to follow

I don't think i changed fuel consumption, but i did increase the fuel tank size so it should be worse now. i'll add it on the to-do list :)
Before the update the 499p was quite well balanced, but could do 9 laps at sx_le mans, while other lmh cars like the glick and toyota could only do 7 laps witout a pitstop

I don't know how big the fuel tank is in real life, but per the regulations LMH cars need to be able to complete 12 laps of the Circuit de la Sarthe on one tank of fuel, see here under Section 13.14 : https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2021_lmh_wmsc_2020.12.16.pdf
As I don't think any Hypercar in AC uses the virtual energy meter they use in real life, I would just put one filling to 12 laps at Le Mans.
LMDh cars need 110 liters of fuel tank minimum, with that tank size a fuel consumption of 0.0055 gave me 12.4/12.5 laps before needing to refuel in the Porsche. But if the fuel tank is smaller in real life, I don't know the conversion to get equal results

I don't know how big the fuel tank is in real life, but per the regulations LMH cars need to be able to complete 12 laps of the Circuit de la Sarthe on one tank of fuel, see here under Section 13.14 : https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2021_lmh_wmsc_2020.12.16.pdf
As I don't think any Hypercar in AC uses the virtual energy meter they use in real life, I would just put one filling to 12 laps at Le Mans.
LMDh cars need 110 liters of fuel tank minimum, with that tank size a fuel consumption of 0.0055 gave me 12.4/12.5 laps before needing to refuel in the Porsche. But if the fuel tank is smaller in real life, I don't know the conversion to get equal results
The URD Toyota has around 90 liters i think and i went with the same because i also couldn't find any info on that. I'll test your settings and see if it gives the same laps

Theofilos updated Ferrari 499P [PHYSICS] with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Tuned the powertrain to better match the hypercar regulations:
  • Now the ICE makes the maximum permitted 674hp at the wheels (previously it was 674 at the crank), and follows the standard LMH power curve (except for maybe the little turbo spike).
  • The Electric motor now produces the correct 268hp at the wheels with an appropriate power curve.
  • Tuned the ers system to 64.214kJ per lap (899MJ per stint - 14lap stint on average).
  • Tuned the fuel usage. The car has a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi brother. Probably i am the only one or not saying this, but the car feel having extremely low grip while being a monster in terms of power. I have to driver approximately 25 kpm lower on the apex than on the other hypercars, but then rapidly speeding up and overtaking because of engine. I can't even take Eau Rouge on the 6 gear - that's disgusting, although have about 340 top speed at the end of Cammel straight. I am not sure about too much mass, but lack of aero grip is obvious for me. Maybe other drivers will add something to this, but for now it is what it is)

From testing with a few friends around monza, our collective feedback would be that its a monster in the straight line, the hybrid system feels really good, the car seems to be a bit tsensitive to throttle but that's to be expected, aerowise i'd say sometimes it felt like the aero was giving out but overall the car is very satisfying to drive. Looking forward to future updates

From testing with a few friends around monza, our collective feedback would be that its a monster in the straight line, the hybrid system feels really good, the car seems to be a bit tsensitive to throttle but that's to be expected, aerowise i'd say sometimes it felt like the aero was giving out but overall the car is very satisfying to drive. Looking forward to future updates
Exectly what i wrote about - try the car around aero-demanding circuit like Spa and you will be schocked)

Exectly what i wrote about - try the car around aero-demanding circuit like Spa and you will be schocked)
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! Yeah I'm thinking the aero is quite bad as well. Haven't done anything to it so far, so it's the same as the car initially had, but I'm trying to find a way to make some better data. My guess is that it has too little drag, because it reaches top speed too easily, and also too little downforce, which is confirmed by your testing.

Also, from what I've seen online, the car reached 343kph in le mans qualifying(with the wing in it's low downforce setting I presume), so for my version to reach 350 easily, with medium downforce and with room for more, and with correct power it's a given that it has too little drag. My initial idea was to make a simplified cad model of the car and to run cfd simulations so I have a semi-correct base to start with but, to no surprise, it's definitely hard to do

Also, from what I've seen online, the car reached 343kph in le mans qualifying(with the wing in it's low downforce setting I presume), so for my version to reach 350 easily, with medium downforce and with room for more, and with correct power it's a given that it has too little drag. My initial idea was to make a simplified cad model of the car and to run cfd simulations so I have a semi-correct base to start with but, to no surprise, it's definitely hard to do
Understandable. Yea top speed based tracks are where it's great at. And yes on lemans i clocked 345kph as well. What's the top speed of the car supposed to be btw? Anyways man i wish you all the best. You're doing amazing work!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back